View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1068 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 685689681018105810641065106610671068106910701071107210781118 ... LastLast
Results 16,006 to 16,020 of 16972
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    For the first part, I'm not surprised. Saddened to learn, but not surprised. There's seems to be a tendency sometimes where they'll do that. For ever Teddy and Billy, there'll be a Jean-Paul and Kyle (couples who are together in every way but in practice). That'll or it'll be like Iceman and Anole where they're not shown keeping anyone narratively ongoing or consistent, with the air that writers don't really care. Anole being something of an icon for being this openly queer younger mutant doesn't serve his character well when he's stuck never really exploring it or sticking with something visibly long-term.
    I'm not sure its really fair to describe Iceman and Anole that way--particularly lumped together like that, since they are very different situations both in-story and behind the scenes.

Part of Anole's problem is that he really hasn't had any series for a long time where he has had a consistent level of focus in order to develop a relationship. Its not that the writers don't care--its just that there are so many characters competing for panel time. There are already a huge number of 'classic' X-Men, and then as you add in the New Mutants generation, the Gen X generation, and onward through each new batch of students, we wind up with a large number of characters in Anole's situation where they are limited to background cameos and the occasional recurring supporting appearance. Making it even more complicated for Anole is the shortage of available age-appropriate characters to pair him with. Since Morph and Hindsight are already a couple, is there really anyone other than Greymalkin?

Iceman gets a lot more consistent panel time, as he's usually a regular character in one of the team books, plus he has his solo for a while. And since he came out of the closet they've done a fair bit with his love life. A fling with Pyro II; a short but serious relationship with a human named Judah; his current non-exclusive relationship with Christian Frost, as well as some other casual dates and possible hook ups. I'm glad the writers haven't locked him in already with a serious stable relationship. The man has just recently come out of the closet after years of repression and is starting to accept and explore his sexuality -- it absolutely makes sense for him to be playing the field a bit. Its actually a bit refreshing, since comics have had a history of doing one of two things with gay characters love lives--either give them no visible sex life at all (as was the case for Northstar for decades), or throw them into a serious, committed relationship (Wiccan/Hulkling, Moondragon/Phyla, Karolina/Xavin and later Karolina/Nico, etc). The idea of a gay character who is out there, having short-term relationships or casual hook-ups--just like the straight characters--isn't something we get to see that often.

Random idea that popped into my mind: Karolina and Nico should reclaim the team name Pride from their parents, but rebrand it as a club for queer young heroes.

That’s super cute

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    .... but how would you guys actually feel about them being a canon couple or at least having confirmed feelings for each other?
    100%.
    Canonize it. Mutants have always been a stronger metaphor for queer community anyhow.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starfish View Post
    Random idea that popped into my mind: Karolina and Nico should reclaim the team name Pride from their parents, but rebrand it as a club for queer young heroes.
    I like the idea, but I don't see them doing it just because there is an all-queer hero group called The Pride already, published by comiXology. They probably wouldn't want to mess with an existing brand that has a very similar concept.

Or they could always cut a deal with Joe Glass so he could license The Pride for them and they could give it a bigger push under the Marvel brand. That'd be cool, but I'm not sure if either party would be interested.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-01-2021 at 07:00 PM.

Astonishing Member Force de Phenix's Avatar

Here are some LGBTQI+ inhumans. It would be cool to see them again if they weren't killed off panel. Agents of Shield ended, so he's not coming back anytime soon.

Was the Captain America comic with the gay Captain delayed?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Was the Captain America comic with the gay Captain delayed?
    No. Its not due out until later this month.

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Here are some LGBTQI+ inhumans. It would be cool to see them again if they weren't killed off panel. Agents of Shield ended, so he's not coming back anytime soon.

I'm pretty sure Swain Rei and Panacea are still around
    Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience.
    Co-Host of the Attilan Rising Podcast Follow @SpiderWomnDaily on Twitter, and check out To Know Her Is To Fear Here: The Spider-Woman Podcast

Happy Pride Month. Prodigy and Speed.

Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Happy Pride Month, everybody! And for the first week of Pride Month, we got....

Black Cat #7 - we finally get an on-panel same-sex romance in the present day for Felicia in this issue! Nicely timed that it came out for Pride Month.

Heroes Reborn #5 - the "Heroes Reborn" version of Black Cat has a brief appearance. There's nothing here to indicate if she is bisexual in this reality like the 616 version is...but no reason to believe she isn't either.

Immortal Hulk #47 - Dr. Charlene McGowan appears in this issue

The "Hellfire Gala" event kicked off this week as well, which will be told across 12 of the various X-titles this month.

Marauders #21 - the event begins. There are various LGBT characters and real world celebrities in attendance, but Kate Pryde, Christian Frost, Shinobi Shaw, Jumbo Carnation, Tempo, Northstar and Kyle all at least get dialogue.

X-Force #20 - Deadpool crashes the party, or at least tries to.

Hellions #12 - various cameos, but the most significant LGBT appearance in this issue would be Daken, whose budding romance with Aurora makes for an awkward encounter with her ex Wild Child.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

Happy Pride Month, everybody! And for the first week of Pride Month, we got....

Black Cat #7 - we finally get an on-panel same-sex romance in the present day for Felicia in this issue! Nicely timed that it came out for Pride Month.

Heroes Reborn #5 - the "Heroes Reborn" version of Black Cat has a brief appearance. There's nothing here to indicate if she is bisexual in this reality like the 616 version is...but no reason to believe she isn't either.

Immortal Hulk #47 - Dr. Charlene McGowan appears in this issue

The "Hellfire Gala" event kicked off this week as well, which will be told across 12 of the various X-titles this month.

Marauders #21 - the event begins. There are various LGBT characters and real world celebrities in attendance, but Kate Pryde, Christian Frost, Shinobi Shaw, Jumbo Carnation, Tempo, Northstar and Kyle all at least get dialogue.

X-Force #20 - Deadpool crashes the party, or at least tries to.

Hellions #12 - various cameos, but the most significant LGBT appearance in this issue would be Daken, whose budding romance with Aurora makes for an awkward encounter with her ex Wild Child.
    I just realized there’s no LGBTQ rep on the current Hellions team, is there?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I just realized there’s no LGBTQ rep on the current Hellions team, is there?
    No one that is confirmed as of yet, no, making them one of the only current X-books without at least one openly LGBT cast member.

Mister Sinister has been somewhat implied to be in recent years, particularly as he has become more fabulous and flamboyant. I would not be surprised if this book finally makes it official at some point.

Almost nothing is known about the sexualities of Nanny and Orphan Maker, so either one of them could be LGBT and we just don't know it yet.

The rest of the cast have all been shown with at least one heterosexual relationship in their history--but apart from Havok, I think any of them could hypothetically get outed as bisexual without anyone getting in an uproar that it contradicts anything.
    Last edited by Dermie; 06-06-2021 at 10:08 PM. Reason: typo

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Seren View Post
    I'm pretty sure Swain Rei and Panacea are still around
    None of them have been killed off, as far as we know. Ren Kimura was seen during the "War Of The Realms" storyline, in the ASGARDIANS OF THE GALAXY book, and was referenced once after that in the JANE FOSTER: VALKYRIE series.

I think Swain and Panacea were last seen in the ROYALS series, and Swain was also in the superhero Pride parade in last year's MARVEL'S VOICES #1.

Romeo hasn't been seen since he dumped teen Iceman, and Telekinian hasn't been seen since the PATSY WALKER AKA HELLCAT series wrapped. I've been hoping to see him turn up in the current IRON MAN run though, since Patsy is such a prominent cast member there.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Happy Pride Month. Prodigy and Speed.

Thanks for sharing!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Force de Phenix View Post
    Wait... Which of the Inhumans.are LGBTQI+ again?