View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 1064 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 645649641014105410601061106210631064106510661067106810741114 ... LastLast
Results 15,946 to 15,960 of 16966

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    “That” is a nonbinary mutant named Madin, who appeared in the Iceman mini series written in 2018. Sina wanted to confirm them as nonbinary but was censored by editorial. The fact that they are there is quite significant, it makes them the first actual nonbinary character iirc, since they pre date Snowflake and Safe Space lol
    Great to see Madin included. Vecchio is a gift when it comes to this sort of thing. Wish Shade had been there too. She has fan favorite breakout written all over her.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I love how Vecchio separated the characters on his introduction. Some of the older canonical queer characters first, some specific milestones (Wickling's debut, Ricstar's first kiss, Kyle/JP's wedding), panels for specific groups (X-characters, Young Avengers, genderqueer characters) and then some other couples at the end. You can clearly tell he has a lot of love for Marvel's queer history, and I think that's really wholesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Looks like our complaining got something done! Loki was added back to the cover as of their posting of the Pride preview!

https://www.marvel.com/amp/articles/...nkId=118687976
    They even mention the inclusion of Loki in the article, which makes me wonder if this was supposed to be a surprise thing and it backfired on them because people thought they were actively trying to erase Loki? Looking at the introduction page, Loki is clearly there with other genderqueer characters, so they had to know and approve of their presence in this story beforehand. Banning them from the cover doesn't make a lot of sense. I guess that's why Luciano shared the Loki art on his IG. I think he was teasing what was to come, and people interpreted it wrong. lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I love how Vecchio separated the characters on his introduction. Some of the older canonical queer characters first, some specific milestones (Wickling's debut, Ricstar's first kiss, Kyle/JP's wedding), panels for specific groups (X-characters, Young Avengers, genderqueer characters) and then some other couples at the end. You can clearly tell he has a lot of love for Marvel's queer history, and I think that's

They even mention the inclusion of Loki in the article, which makes me wonder if this was supposed to be a surprise thing and it backfired on them because people thought they were actively trying to erase Loki? Looking at the introduction page, Loki is clearly there with other genderqueer characters, so they had to know and approve of their presence in this story beforehand. Banning them from the cover doesn't make a lot of sense. I guess that's why Luciano shared the Loki art on his IG. I think he was teasing what was to come, and people interpreted it wrong. lol
    The rumor is it was suppose to be a surprise. The Marvel voices issue comes out the same day as Loki episode 3. Supposedly episode 3 is when the MCU reveals that Loki is gender fluid/queer.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Does anyone have a list of all these characters? With their names? I don't recognize everyone

First panel, going left to right:
    Hector of the Pantheon
    Victoria Montesi? The dark haired woman next to Hector. She's the only one I'm not positive about, but she fits the time period of the other characters in this panel
    Attractive Lad
    Nocturne
    Phat
    Vivisector
    Moondragon
    Skein
    Freedom Ring
    Living Lightning
    Flatman
    Karolina Dean
    Northstar

2nd panel:

Hulking & Wiccan

3rd panel:

Shatterstar & Rictor

4th panel:

Cloud
    Xavin
    Loki
    Sera
    Angela
    Koi Boi
    Trace (Jake)
    Dr. Charlene McGowan

5th panel:

Kyle & Northstar at their wedding

6th panel:

America Chavez
    Prodigy
    Speed
    Hulkling
    Wiccan
    Marvel Boy
    Loki

7th panel:

Anole
    Greymalkin
    Morph
    Hindsight
    Mercury
    Bling!
    Iceman
    Teen Iceman
    Madin
    Christian Frost
    Daken

8th panel:

Victoria Hand, with her ex-girlfriend Isabelle leaving in the background
    Tong
    Cullen Bloodstone
    Striker with Julie Power
    Giant-Man & Issac Ikeda
    Fuse
    Rikki Barnes & Julie Power
    Ren Kimura and Dr. Annabelle Riggs
    Aaron Fisher (Captain America)
    Enigma/Pod & Dr Toni Ho (Iron Patriot)
    Teen Iceman and Romeo
    (top right of this panel) - Panacea & Captain Swain
    the Midnight Angels - Ayo & Aneka
    Viv Vision
    D-Man

And lastly Prodigy, who is the one narrating the page.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    The rumor is it was suppose to be a surprise. The Marvel voices issue comes out the same day as Loki episode 3. Supposedly episode 3 is when the MCU reveals that Loki is gender fluid/queer.
    Not sure if I believe everything was coordinated like that. It was just recently that they decided to change the show to stream on Wednesdays, so I don't think the dates were intentional. I don't even think the MCU had anything to do with this, and people are looking too much into it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post

Love that Vecchio managed to include Swain and Panacea! NuHuman LGBT+ rep!

(And I thought the bottom picture was of Teen-Ice Man and Romeo, honestly.)

I love how Vecchio separated the characters on his introduction. Some of the older canonical queer characters first, some specific milestones (Wickling's debut, Ricstar's first kiss, Kyle/JP's wedding), panels for specific groups (X-characters, Young Avengers, genderqueer characters) and then some other couples at the end. You can clearly tell he has a lot of love for Marvel's queer history, and I think that's really wholesome.

Why would they make a surprise over the inclusion of a small Loki on the corner of a variant cover? The big reveal over the cover was Somnus' debut. They revealed the blank variant without him (and Loki). And then they revealed the complete one with Somnus in the middle (without Loki) as the final cover on his character reveal. They literally only included Loki after people found a post of Vecchio where he shared a WIP showing Loki next to America and started complaining.

Of course they're not gonna say "Yeah sorry we didn't want to have Loki on our Pride cover" so they're acting like it was on purpose, but what happened is pretty clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Why would they make a surprise over the inclusion of a small Loki on the corner of a variant cover? The big reveal over the cover was Somnus' debut. They revealed the blank variant without him (and Loki). And then they revealed the complete one with Somnus in the middle (without Loki) as the final cover on his character reveal. They literally only included Loki after people found a post of Vecchio where he shared a WIP showing Loki next to America and started complaining.

Of course they're not gonna say "Yeah sorry we didn't want to have Loki on our Pride cover" so they're acting like it was on purpose, but what happened is pretty clear.
    That still doesn't explain why would they ban Loki from the cover when the character is on the first page of the interiors. The idea that Marvel didn't want Loki associated with LGBTQ content completely falls apart if the first thing you see when you open the book is Lady Loki standing right there with other queer characters. Again, scripts are turned in in advance. They knew about it. It doesn't add up. I agree it would be weird to try and make a surprise out of a small cameo on a cover like that, but at least it explains why they would actively choose to leave out the character when he was in the book anyway.

I also don't know why Luciano would share the Loki art if he was forbidden to include the character. It doesn't seem like something he would do. Back when the New Warriors backlash happened, he didn't even say anything about it and still hasn't brought up the book's cancellation at all. Seems weird that he would go all rebel now and post something on social media that made Marvel look bad.

That still doesn't explain why would they ban Loki from the cover when the character is on the first page of the interiors. The idea that Marvel didn't want Loki associated with LGBTQ content completely falls apart if the first thing you see when you open the book is Lady Loki standing right there with other queer characters. Again, scripts are turned in in advance. They knew about it. It doesn't add up. I agree it would be weird to try and make a surprise out of a small cameo on a cover like that, but at least it explains why they would actively choose to leave out the character when he was in the book anyway.

I also don't know why Luciano would share the Loki art if he was forbidden to include the character. It doesn't seem like something he would do. Back when the New Warriors backlash happened, he didn't even say anything about it and still hasn't brought up the book's cancellation at all. Seems weird that he would go all rebel now and post something on social media that made Marvel look bad.
    I can think of a few reasons. For one, the interiors are gonna be seen by less people than the cover, since that was attached to revealing Somnus. Besides that, Lady Loki's existence and her being acknowledged when mentioning gods and aliens showing different gender expressions has a less overt implication than putting the known male Loki next to all the gay/bisexual characters.

Don't know about Vecchio. I thought it was an old post. If it was recent maybe it was more like editorial hadn't previously approved Loki on it, so he left out a space in case they changed their mind and after they approved it he posted it as he drew it? Idk. But they don't even have variant covers of him for the issue like Billy, Teddy, America etc are all getting so I don't know how in the hell "they really wanted to promote and make a big deal out of Loki being LGBT with this late addition in the corner of a variant cover with as much queer characters included as possible" makes sense.
    Last edited by Wiccan; 05-15-2021 at 08:34 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    (And I thought the bottom picture was of Teen-Ice Man and Romeo, honestly.)
    It is teen Iceman and Romeo. It is a flashback of their first kiss when the two of them decided to walk out on the fight between mutants and Inhumans and just go be together instead.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    It is teen Iceman and Romeo. It is a flashback of their first kiss when the two of them decided to walk out on the fight between mutants and Inhumans and just go be together instead.
    Oh, okay. So I wasn't off base or mis-remembering things!

Today's Way of X outs a New X-Men character as LGBTQ.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Today's Way of X outs a New X-Men character as LGBTQ.
    Yeah. Not that surprising when that entire (or majority of) squad was meant to be LGBTQ+. Hence the chosen advisors.