View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 1069 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 695699691019105910651066106710681069107010711072107310791119 ... LastLast
Results 16,021 to 16,035 of 16966
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    No one that is confirmed as of yet, no, making them one of the only current X-books without at least one openly LGBT cast member.

Mister Sinister has been somewhat implied to be in recent years, particularly has he has become more fabulous and flamboyant. I would not be surprised if this book finally makes it official at some point.

Almost nothing is known about the sexualities of Nanny and Orphan Maker, so either one of them could be LGBT and we just don't know it yet.

The rest of the cast have all been shown with at least one heterosexual relationship in their history--but apart from Havok, I think any of them could hypothetically get outed as bisexual without anyone getting in an uproar that it contradicts anything.
    Nevedmind. I totally forgot about Sinister.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Wait... Which of the Inhumans.are LGBTQI+ again?
    The six shown in that picture. Top row: Captain Jovana Swain. Joey Gutierrez. Romeo. Second row. Ren Kimura. Panacea. Telekinian.

Joey Gutierrez was a recurring character for a while on the AGENTS OF SHIELD tv show; an Inhuman with the power to melt any metal that came within a 3 meter radius of him. He was part of Daisy's "Secret Warriors" unit of Inhuman agents for a while, before he ended up quitting SHIELD after a misunderstanding conflict with the human agents.

Romeo was the boyfriend of the time-displaced teenage Iceman after he came out of the closet. He has emotion influencing powers.

Telekinian (Ian Soo) has telekinetic powers and is the roommate of Patys Walker (Hellcat).

Swain and Panacea were part of Crystal's crew that traveled around the world in the wake of the Terrigen Cloud, dealing with diplomatic issues and making contact with the newly Inhumans who emerged from Terrigenesis to help them adjust and understand what happened to them. Swain has telepathic and emotional influencing powers; Panacea has the ability to heal people from various medical problems --- both of them have prehensile tails. The two of them are a couple.

Ren Kimura was a dancer whose fingers are now razor sharp metal claws that extend out on long metal ribbons that she can use like whips. She is the girlfriend of Dr. Annabelle Riggs and was a member of the Fearless Defenders and later an ally of the Asgardians of the Galaxy.

There's also a Badoon-Inhuman named Dara Ko Eke who is lesbian or bisexual, and she has telepathic and limited precognitive abilities.

There may be more, but those are the ones known. Blizzard (Donnie Gill) is an Inhuman now and I have long suspected him of being gay but it has yet to be confirmed on-panel.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

A new promo for the Loki show shows us a file that lists the character's sex as ''fluid''. It seems like they messed up by putting that under sex instead of gender, but I think the intention is basically to say that he's genderfluid. The head writer of the show liked a tweet indicating that was their intention, too. Now let's hope this is something that's addressed in the actual show! Loki might beat Phastos as the MCU's first openly queer hero. Well, anti-hero I guess. But you get my point.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Week 2 of Pride Month gives us....

Children of The Atom #4

Excalibur #21 - Rictor gets a lot of spotlight in this issue, and Shatterstar shows up! Betsy gets to dance with a woman at the Hellfire Gala, but it is just platonic.

Heroes Reborn #6 of 7 - the Hercules of this altered reality makes a brief appearance.

Strange Academy #11

X-Men #21 - various LGBT mutants seen in attendance at the Hellfire Gala, but none of them had a prominent role here.

Extraordinary Member

The Week In Gay:

Week 2 of Pride Month gives us....

Children of The Atom #4

Excalibur #21 - Rictor gets a lot of spotlight in this issue, and Shatterstar shows up! Betsy gets to dance with a woman at the Hellfire Gala, but it is just platonic.

Heroes Reborn #6 of 7 - the Hercules of this altered reality makes a brief appearance.

Strange Academy #11

X-Men #21 - various LGBT mutants seen in attendance at the Hellfire Gala, but none of them had a prominent role here.
    What about Night-Gwen with Gwen and Misty Knight?

https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Spoilers-maybe

This thread is getting some super gross anti-LGBT attacks on COTA. Could use some backup

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...Spoilers-maybe

This thread is getting some super gross anti-LGBT attacks on COTA. Could use some backup
    Weird? Seeing anti-lgbtq attacks from people scowling how a long running character was “turned gay” is one thing.

But why are they complaining about brand new characters being lgbtq??!!?

I guess hate never makes sense.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    What about Night-Gwen with Gwen and Misty Knight?
    Are they gay or bi in the "Heroes Reborn" alternate reality? I didn't read that tie-in, so thanks for letting us know!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Weird? Seeing anti-lgbtq attacks from people scowling how a long running character was “turned gay” is one thing.

But why are they complaining about brand new characters being lgbtq??!!?

I guess hate never makes sense.
    No sense at all. Especially coming from X-Men fans! Seriously? Stop reading the books and stop calling yourself an X-Men fan if you're going to spout any kind of bigotry, whether it be homophobic, racist, whatever. You clearly have missed every single point the entire franchise has ever tried to make.

Are they gay or bi in the "Heroes Reborn" alternate reality? I didn't read that tie-in, so thanks for letting us know!
    It's implied Misty and Gwen are in a relationship, but honestly, it feels hollow.

What Marvel is doing with Gwen is textbook definition of queer baiting; they would introduce a alternate universe Spider-Gwen, heavily imply that version is lesbian or bi (never outright state she is, just imply), then that version is never seen again, while they never actually commit to actually give the main Spider-Gwen a female love interest.

So far we have the battle world A-Force Gwen who appeared for one panel and it's implied she is in a relationship with MJ; the alternate Gwen from the initial Seanan Maguire run where she became the Green Goblin, implied to be in a relationship with MJ; and now this Gwen, who is implied to be with Misty. And then we never saw any of this versions of Gwen again while they keep giving male love interests to main Spider-Gwen.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Haven't read any of the Heroes Reborn spin-offs yet.

Children of the Atom is OK at least. I don't like how Anole is written in New Mutants tho.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I also don't love how Anole is being written in NM, but I don't think it's out of character.

Ultimate Member

No sense at all. Especially coming from X-Men fans! Seriously? Stop reading the books and stop calling yourself an X-Men fan if you're going to spout any kind of bigotry, whether it be homophobic, racist, whatever. You clearly have missed every single point the entire franchise has ever tried to make.
    There is a smallish minority of X-fans that seem to not like some *real world* minorities, but totally identify with a fictional one (sometimes even over their own species, expressing contempt for humanity!). I vaguely remember, IIRC, during the X-Cutioner Song Xavier got shot while giving some speech about how mutants are no different than other minorities like blacks, gays, etc. and some fans in the letter columns went apeshit over the idea that 'gays' were comparable to a genetic minority, and not just a 'depraved lifestyle choice' or something.

It is strange, but so are people.

I read an old Lovecraft story about Nazis on a U-boat expressing contempt on the 'lesser races' when they were on the surface, but later, at depth, when it was just them alone, they started factionalizing into Rheinlanders vs. Hessians, a distinction that someone outside of Germany would hardly even know existed, and yet, when they'd run out of 'others' to Other, they started finding ways to continue the hate and division.

Or, as the Romani proverb goes. "Me against my brother. My brother and I against our father. Our family against the outsider." (We'll band together against outsiders, but when the door is closed, the fighting always continues...)

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I also don't love how Anole is being written in NM, but I don't think it's out of character.
    Ever since Amazing X-Men #13, seems writers have been leaning hard into Anole having major image issues, to the point that it's become a defining trait (when they actually bother to give him a personality). I don't think it's exactly unrealistic, esp. as he got older and saw more of how the world hated him for being a non-passing mutant, but it's just so predictable. And I didn't like it paired with the soft retcon of his having gotten green and scaly at puberty instead of having been born that way as had been previously implied.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I thought this version of Anole was that Uncanny X-Men's reboot 's fault.
    "Cable was right!"