View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1101 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1016011001105110911097109810991100110111021103110411051111 ... LastLast
Results 16,501 to 16,515 of 16972
    Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

A.X.E. Judgement Day #2 of 6 - various LGBT characters make appearances among the mutants and Eternals. Ajak in particular is prominent in this particular issue.

Black Panther #8 - The Midnight Angels, Aneka and Ayo, are involved in this story.

Giant-Size Gwen Stacy - Iceman appears, but this story is set before he comes out of the closet

Jane Foster & The Mighty Thor #3 of 5 - Runa the Valkyrie co-stars in this.

Venom: Lethal Protector #5 of 5 - Man-Killer is among an army of villains employed by Justin Hammer in this flashback tale

X-Men Legends #1 - Iceman makes an appearance - this story is also set before he came out of the closet (it is set after Wolverine's first appearance and before he joins the X-Men)

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #10 - Viv Vision's arc continues

Is anyone going to Flamecon this weekend?

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

A.X.E. Death To The Mutants #1 of 3 - A.X.E. tie-in mini focusing on the Eternals. Ajax, Makkari and Sprite all appear.

Avengers 1,000,000 BC - Vnn (the prehistoric Starbrand) appears in this one-shot, but does not have a significant role. The focus of the story is one the prehistoric Phoenix, Odin, Gaea, and the story of Thor's birth.

Captain Marvel #40 - Satana appears as part of the magic tribunal putting Carol on trial, and she has dialogue in this issue.

Iron Cat #3 of 5 - Black Cat teams up with Tony Stark against her evil ex-girlfriend, who has teamed up with Tony's evil ex-girlfriend (well, one of them--Tony has a few exes who have tried to kill him).

X-Force #30 - Deadpool is now on the team

X-Men #13 - Iceman is part of the new roster

X-Men '92: House Of XCII #4 of 5 - the Iceman of this continuity appears.

As always, if I've missed something please let me know.

Updated I forgot -

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #11 - Viv Vision's arc continues

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #12 - start of an America Chavez arc

Edge Of Spider-Verse #2 - the bisexual Mary Jane appears in Ghost-Spider's story.
    Last edited by Dermie; 08-20-2022 at 01:51 PM. Reason: Missed some

Marvel's Voices Infinity comics: America Chavez teams up with Loki.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Yoruno View Post
    Marvel's Voices Infinity comics: America Chavez teams up with Loki.
    Thanks!

I had also forgotten to list Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #11 which continues Viv Vision's arc

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

A.X.E. Judgement Day #3 - Various LGBT characters appearing in this among the mutants and the Eternals.

Defenders Beyond #2 - This issue is told from Taaia's perspective. Loki and America Chavez are members of the current team.

Fantastic Four #46 - final issue of Dan Slott's run. There was a very brief cameo by Kor of the Unparalleled. No sign of her wife Kayla though, although she was likely present and just not visible on-panel.

Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel #2 - in addition to Phyla-Vell and Marlo Chandler, PAD also brings back Jazinda from his SHE-HULK run.

Marauders #5 - about half the regular cast is LGBT. Its not a significant part of the story or anything, but Somnus got laid.

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #12 - the conclusion to the Viv Vision arc

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #13 - America Chavez and Loki team-up (with Hildegarde) continues.

I think that's it for this week -- but let me know if I've missed anything.

Astonishing Member

I am not reading the miniseries myself so I know basically nothing about the character, but I hear that the Wolverine: Patch miniseries by Larry Hama and Andrea DiVito which just ended last week introduced a new non-binary or transgender mutant. Anyone know anything about that?

These Infinity Comics are online only, right?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    These Infinity Comics are online only, right?
    Yeah, they're only legally available in the Marvel Unlimited app. However, there is the possibility that some of them will get a print version. The Wiccan & Hulkling mini written by Josh Trujillo got one.

I skimmed the series. From what I glazed over, Alef is a child who's primarily identified with gender-neutral writing and they/them pronouns.

Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

A.X.E. Judgement Day #3 - Various LGBT characters appearing in this among the mutants and the Eternals.

Defenders Beyond #2 - This issue is told from Taaia's perspective. Loki and America Chavez are members of the current team.

Fantastic Four #46 - final issue of Dan Slott's run. There was a very brief cameo by Kor of the Unparalleled. No sign of her wife Kayla though, although she was likely present and just not visible on-panel.

Genis-Vell: Captain Marvel #2 - in addition to Phyla-Vell and Marlo Chandler, PAD also brings back Jazinda from his SHE-HULK run.

Marauders #5 - about half the regular cast is LGBT. Its not a significant part of the story or anything, but Somnus got laid.

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #12 - the conclusion to the Viv Vision arc

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #13 - America Chavez and Loki team-up (with Hildegarde) continues.

I think that's it for this week -- but let me know if I've missed anything.
    Great. I’ve missed Jazinda.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Marvel sheds light on first-ever gay Spider-Man Web-Weaver: https://aiptcomics.com/2022/09/01/ma...an-web-weaver/
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

I'm really not a fan of Web-Weaver at all so far...hoping when we get actual text he'll be better than just the art has made him seem.

And the fact that the first LGBTQ Spider-Man we get won't be called 'Spider-Man' and also isn't an AU version of Peter, Miles, Miguel, or any existing Spider-dude kind of feels like we're getting the short end of the stick.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    I'm really not a fan of Web-Weaver at all so far...hoping when we get actual text he'll be better than just the art has made him seem.

And the fact that the first LGBTQ Spider-Man we get won't be called 'Spider-Man' and also isn't an AU version of Peter, Miles, Miguel, or any existing Spider-dude kind of feels like we're getting the short end of the stick.
    Wouldn't it be better to have it be someone totally new than just "Gay Peter" or "Gay Miles"?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to have it be someone totally new than just "Gay Peter" or "Gay Miles"?
    Maybe but it also makes it feel more like they're trying to shove this character off into the "never to be seen outside June or whenever we decide to kill them for shock" bin. Or like they're trying to appease the phobic crowd with a "don't worry, they're not a 'real' Spider-man"...it just doesn't feel like it has the same impact as it would if we got a character that wasn't entirely new. Especially because this is likely the only LGBTQ+ Spider-Man we're going to get.
    Last edited by scourge; 09-03-2022 at 08:47 AM.