View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1002 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 25029029529929989991000100110021003100410051006101210521102 ... LastLast
Results 15,016 to 15,030 of 16971
    BANNED

Representation in the Marvel Cinematic Universe

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Black Cat #9 - Kris Anka provides the art of this issue.

Dr. Doom #5 - Amy Chen (of Silver Sable's Wild Pack) appears again in this issue.

Magnificent Ms. Marvel #12 - Zoe appears

Marauders #7 - Marvel's current gayest series officially confirms the Iceman/Christan Frost relationship here (although it was very strongly implied a few issues ago anyway). The relationship remains undefined though - since we've seen Bobby flirting and making out with other guys in earlier issues, its possible these two aren't an exclusive item. Jumbo Carnation also gets a fun on-panel appearance.

Strikeforce #6 - Wiccan uses his precognitive power and Satana gets a cameo in his vision - hopefully teasing a return appearance. Also Daimon Hellstrom is at least implied to be bisexual here.

X-Men/Fantastic Four #1 - Iceman is one of the X-Men who appears here

Anything I missed?

For the wait-for-trade crowd there is the Agents Of Atlas trade paperback for the recent miniseries that added Giant-Man to the cast. I am one of the wait-for-trade crowd on that one, so I am looking forward to reading it!

Anyone know what the best Wiccan/Hulking or just Wiccan read is? I just finished Young Avengers vol 2 in like two hours. Great book. Need more.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Anyone know what the best Wiccan/Hulking or just Wiccan read is? I just finished Young Avengers vol 2 in like two hours. Great book. Need more.
    Well, vol 1 of Young Avengers and Avengers Children's Crusade if you haven't read those before vol 2.

After that, New Avengers by Al Ewing, Death's Head mini by Tini Howard and the current Strikeforce is pretty much everything...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

https://twitter.com/LucianoVecchio/s...07571208032257

Not sure what exactly that means, but it sounds like Luciano Vecchio is working on some queer-themed story for Marvel Voices #1.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Ok, so there's a rumour that Marvel/Disney is planning a "Secret Invasion" tv series for Disney+ that will involve S.W.O.R.D. and the Kree and Skrulls that will lead into Captain Marvel 2 the same way WandaVision is leading into Doctor Strange 2.

If this rumour is true and that rumour about Teddy showing up in WandaVision as a refugee under S.W.O.R.D.'s protection is also true, then I'm guessing that this Secret Invasion show is where Billy and Teddy's relationship is going to develop. Because if it is true that WandaVision is going to have both Billy and Teddy in it then I'm pretty sure that they're just going to meet towards the end, because this show is obviously going to focus on Wanda and Vision and it sounds like anything involving Billy as a teen and the possibility of introducing Teddy will be at the end of the season.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 02-11-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Mighty Member

Just came here to give a shout out to Mystique! She's been horribly written for years but now, seeing her motivation for Irene, is making me root for her against X and Magneto.

I really really hope they are adapted into the MCU together. As someone who hated JLaws Mystique, I want nothing more than a retry for her character.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Just came here to give a shout out to Mystique! She's been horribly written for years but now, seeing her motivation for Irene, is making me root for her against X and Magneto.
    what exactly are you hoping X and Magneto lose in favor of Mystique? jw
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    https://twitter.com/LucianoVecchio/s...07571208032257

Not sure what exactly that means, but it sounds like Luciano Vecchio is working on some queer-themed story for Marvel Voices #1.
    Supposedly there's going to be a Striker story in it so maybe that.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Supposedly there's going to be a Striker story in it so maybe that.
    Really?! That's awesome! I've been waiting for someone to do something with Striker--he's been the most underused core cast member from AVENGERS ACADEMY since the book ended (apart from Veil, of course -- but she was depowered and left the superhero life behind so she doesn't exactly count).

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Ok, so there's a rumour that Marvel/Disney is planning a "Secret Invasion" tv series for Disney+ that will involve S.W.O.R.D. and the Kree and Skrulls that will lead into Captain Marvel 2 the same way WandaVision is leading into Doctor Strange 2.

If this rumour is true and that rumour about Teddy showing up in WandaVision as a refugee under S.W.O.R.D.'s protection is also true, then I'm guessing that this Secret Invasion show is where Billy and Teddy's relationship is going to develop. Because if it is true that WandaVision is going to have both Billy and Teddy in it then I'm pretty sure that they're just going to meet towards the end, because this show is obviously going to focus on Wanda and Vision and it sounds like anything involving Billy as a teen and the possibility of introducing Teddy will be at the end of the season.
    I guess we'll have to wait see which other show they're producing for Disney+ alongside the alleged Secret Invasion, 'cause Bob Iger indicated we have two other shows in productions right now, and if one of them turn out to be a Young Avengers production like many have been speculated for a while, then I'd say that's obviously more likely to feature a romance between Billy and Teddy.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post

I am really curious to see how they even do Billy and Tommy and their connection to Wanda and Vision. That's a messy black hole in the comics, I cannot see them wanting to open that can of worms for the MCU.

I think they might jettison Wanda as their mother to streamline and keep things simple. It's not an important part of their story, and her delusions or whatever we're going to see in WandaVision and Strange 2 can absolutely exist separate to any use of Billy and Tommy, and Teddy beyond that.

I do think people may need to dial back the expectation for the gay relationship between Billy and Teddy for WandaVision - that looks much more like a crazy Wanda set up story than anything else. If they are doing Secret Invasion, then introducing Teddy there and then launching from that Young Avengers, with Billy then appearing in that and losing the Wanda connection seems a lot more likely for the MCU. They like simple for the MCU. Streamlined and easily accessible for the mainstream.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I am really curious to see how they even do Billy and Tommy and their connection to Wanda and Vision. That's a messy black hole in the comics, I cannot see them wanting to open that can of worms for the MCU.

I think they might jettison Wanda as their mother to streamline and keep things simple. It's not an important part of their story, and her delusions or whatever we're going to see in WandaVision and Strange 2 can absolutely exist separate to any use of Billy and Tommy, and Teddy beyond that.

I do think people may need to dial back the expectation for the gay relationship between Billy and Teddy for WandaVision - that looks much more like a crazy Wanda set up story than anything else. If they are doing Secret Invasion, then introducing Teddy there and then launching from that Young Avengers, with Billy then appearing in that and losing the Wanda connection seems a lot more likely for the MCU. They like simple for the MCU. Streamlined and easily accessible for the mainstream.
    The spot teaser for WandaVision shows her pregnant and then two cribs and pacifiers... Not to mention leaked/rumored casting calls and auditions for them as older kids(around 8 iirc). I don't know how things are gonna work considering she's on a made-up reality, but they're definetely not just having them not be her children.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    The spot teaser for WandaVision shows her pregnant and then two cribs and pacifiers... Not to mention leaked/rumored casting calls and auditions for them as older kids(around 8 iirc). I don't know how things are gonna work considering she's on a made-up reality, but they're definetely not just having them not be her children.
    They just split the characters. Her children and Billy/Tommy just become different characters.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I guess we'll have to wait see which other show they're producing for Disney+ alongside the alleged Secret Invasion, 'cause Bob Iger indicated we have two other shows in productions right now, and if one of them turn out to be a Young Avengers production like many have been speculated for a while, then I'd say that's obviously more likely to feature a romance between Billy and Teddy.
    I also assumed that they were more likely building-up to a Young Avengers Disney+ show but apparently multiple sources have mentioned this plan for a Secret Invasion show, while there hasn't been any concrete news or rumours pointing to a Young Avengers show coming soon. So it might be possible that this Secret Invasion show comes out first.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    They just split the characters. Her children and Billy/Tommy just become different characters.
    I doubt they're gonna' do that though. WandaVision has been filming for a while now and there's been rumours of the twins being Billy and Tommy on the show, I definitely think we would have heard something by now if they were planning on changing it so that Wanda's kids aren't Billy and Tommy.

Considering that WandaVision is helping to set up Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness and with the multiverse allegedly going to be a big theme going forward in the MCU I think it's quite possible that teenage Billy and Tommy are going to be from an alternate universe.