View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1095 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 95595995104510851091109210931094109510961097109810991105 ... LastLast
Results 16,411 to 16,425 of 16972
    Astonishing Member

So far its more subtext than anything else. They were shown dancing together at last year's Hellfire Gala; and more recently we've seen Rachel stroking Betsy's cheek and kissing her on the cheek, etc. Rachel was also the one shown crying in the final issue of EXCALIBUR when Betsy was left in Otherworld by herself when the Gate was closed.
    Last edited by Dermie; 05-08-2022 at 09:06 AM. Reason: I forgot the word "crying" in my last sentence--and the statement makes no sense without it.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

The shipping delays continue, giving us another thin week....

Marauders #2 - half the current team is LGBT+

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #33 - Kate Pryde has a cameo at the end of the issue.

Also, the FCBD comic that had a prelude to the upcoming A.X.E. "Judgement Day" crossover had an appearance by an Eternal named Jack Of Knives, who was give "their" pronouns in the narration by the Great Machine.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Some more information about the Marvel Voices Pride issue: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...complete-guide

Looking forward to the Escapade, Herc and Noh, and Young Avengers stories the most. The Valkyrie Runa and D-Man stories seem like they will be cute. The Moondragon biker story seems a little odd, but okay. I remember there was some speculation that Danny Lore's story might have an existing character come out, but turns out it's a Taku and Venomm story, which is a little disappointing. It's nice that there will be at least six new trans characters introduced.
    Last edited by Dante Milton; 05-12-2022 at 02:04 PM.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    Some more information about the Marvel Voices Pride issue: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...complete-guide

Looking forward to the Escapade, Herc and Noh, and Young Avengers stories the most. The Valkyrie Runa and D-Man stories seem like they will be cute. The Moondragon biker story seems a little odd, but okay. I remember there was some speculation that Danny Lore's story might have an existing character come out, but turns out it's a Taku and Venomm story, which is a little disappointing. It's nice that there will be at least six new trans characters introduced.
    The four new trans heroes on D-Man's story definitely surprised me. Hopefully they stick around, although I don't have much hope because D-Man barely manages to stick around himself. lol

Escapade sounds like a bigger deal, and I really hope they give her a real shot, because it's usually tough for new characters to stay relevant on the X-Men franchise these days.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I remember there was some speculation that Danny Lore's story might have an existing character come out, but turns out it's a Taku and Venomm story, which is a little disappointing.
    I am not disappointed in that at all -- I am thrilled that Taku and Venomm will finally be explicitly confirmed on-panel. The original announcement for Danny Lore's story was that it would involve "the legacy of two characters long left in the closet", and this pair certainly fits the bill. Don McGregor wrote them as a gay couple back in the day, but was never allowed to come out and say it on-panel due to Comics Code restrictions, although he has confirmed it in interviews and tried to imply it as heavily as he could in the issues. Even though those restrictions are no longer in effect, no one has revisited the couple and officially brought them out of the closet on-panel....until now. Its about time!

I agree the Moondragon biker story sounds a bit odd, but I am curious to see what Cantwell will do with it. As for Escapade, its cool that they have already announced that she'll be featured in an upcoming arc of NEW MUTANTS later this year. Its not a guarantee for long-term presence, but its at least a strong launch.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Moon Knight: Black, White & Blood #1 - Deadpool has a cameo appearance

Yikes! Very slim pickings this week....but that's still due to the ongoing shipping delays. It looks like things may start getting back on track next week though.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Eternals #12 - Final issue for now, as the JUDGEMENT DAY miniseries and its tie-ins are taking the place of the ETERNALS book for the next few months. We'll have to wait and see if the series resumes or relaunches once the A.X.E. crossover is over.

Fantastic Four #43 - plenty of LGBT cameos including Flatman, Jennifer Kale, Wiccan and Hulkling, Star-Lord, and Kaylo and Kor.

Immortal X-Men #2

Marvel's Voices: Identity - Giant-Man has a cameo in one of the stories, and is one of the characters included in the bonus feature at the end of the book looking at the creation of various of Marvel's heroes of Asian background.

The Marvels #10 - Black Cat is part of the cast.

Spider-Punk #2 - Captain Anarchy and his boyfriend appear.

Thor #25 - Loki appears in a back-up story which is a re-telling of an old myth where Thor had to dress in drag and pretend to marry a giant to get his stolen hammer back (this is actually the second time Marvel has done a version of that story).

Wolverine #21 - Deadpool is continuing to co-star.

X-Cellent #3 - Vivisector and Doop are part of the cast.

That's more like it! Some of the delayed books are finally starting to arrive.

As always, if I've missed something please let me know.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Another light week.

Legion Of X #1 - Pixie is part of the cast of this book, and there are some other LGBT characters that have cameos, such as Mercury and Loa.

Looks like that's it for this week. Captain Carter #3 has a Lizzie Braddock--an alternate reality version of Betsy--but she may not be bisexual like her 616 counterpart.

I'm hoping Pride month kicks up the pace a little. I mean, it can't get much slower.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    I'm hoping Pride month kicks up the pace a little. I mean, it can't get much slower.
    The problem is the shipping delays affecting almost Marvel's entire line right now -- its not that there is a suddenly shortage of books with LGBT characters in them; there's a shortage of books coming out at all. I'm still waiting for a book that was solicited for April to finally get released! Some new books that were supposed to launch in May and June have been pushed back to July and August.

I'm just hoping that they still manage to get the Pride special out during Pride month.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Well, delays are still rampant and most LGBT rep at Marvel is in the X-books.
    "Cable was right!"

Happy pride month y’all!!!!

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Yep, yep, wishing you all a Happy Pride month!
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Happy pride month, everyone!

Does anyone know which of the variants for Marvel Voices Pride is the incentive variant? (Or how I could figure this out?)