View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 39 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 2935363738394041424349891395391039 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    While I do appreciate the few LGBT relationships presented, it is a shame they aren't more prominent or include more well-known characters.
    Agreed; the most recent prominent/A-list would have been Psylocke/Cluster in Uncanny X-force last year. Last year has been (I think rightly) dubbed "the Year of LGBT"; with Fearless Defenders, Young Avengers, Hawkeye, Uncanny X-force, X-men, Uncanny X-men and Avengers Arena all giving focus and attention to LGBT characters and relationships.
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 08-07-2014 at 09:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rheged View Post
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure Daken's ... unique, like that. <wink>

I've got the BKV Mystique series, but haven't had a chance to read it yet.

Two Gun Kid also had an ongoing series, but his sexuality definitely wasn't mentioned in that.

What did you think of that preview art for the YA Original SinS? It's quirk, but after McKelvie's slick, clean style I'm not really feeling this. Hopefully the words will change my mind, though I'm not fond of the Hood either.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...eview&id=21871

These two are from an interview with Ryan North about the YA Original SinS story.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?p...ticle&id=52335

I think I might be interested in YA Original SinS (after all I really miss Young Avengers), has it been released ?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    This is BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank-you so much for posting it. There a several I don't know (I'm assuming DC???)
    - 2nd down, left/2nd down, right
    - 3rd down, left/3rd down, centre
    - 4th down, right
    - 5th down, right
    I can only help with a few of those.

Going top to bottom, left to right:
    Row 1 -- Apollo & Midnighter, Moondragon & Phyla, Rictor & Shatterstar
    Row 2 -- unknown, James Howlett & Hercules, Scandal & Knockout (DC)
    Row 3 -- Green Lantern & Sam (DC), unknown, Bloke & boyfriend
    Row 4 -- Batwoman, Northstar & Kyle, unknown
    Row 5 -- Wiccan & Hulkling, Karolina & Julie Power, Kevin Keller (Archie Comics)

Agreed. The Avengers editors need to pull their thumb out and get him back in comics ASAP!!! Latino rep is poor in Avenger comics, and LGBT rep is atrocious in the main teams (RE: non-existent). Living Lightning would go a long way to helping those stats improve. Get him in Mighty Avengers, at-least. We know Ewing's okay with writing and including LGBT characters.
    I would love to see Miguel back on the team, and I agree that Ewing would be a good writer for him...but don't count on him in MIGHTY anytime soon. Ewing has said that he has found the current cast already a bit much to juggle, so he's not likely to add anyone new anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Arion View Post
    I think I might be interested in YA Original SinS (after all I really miss Young Avengers), has it been released ?
    Original Sins issues 1-3 are out (I think it's 5 parts???). But only ONE SEGMENT is Young Avengers; which is why I'm waiting to buy the TPB, rather than get the single issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I can only help with a few of those.

Going top to bottom, left to right:
    Row 1 -- Apollo & Midnighter, Moondragon & Phyla, Rictor & Shatterstar
    Row 2 -- unknown, James Howlett & Hercules, Scandal & Knockout (DC)
    Row 3 -- Green Lantern & Sam (DC), unknown, Bloke & boyfriend
    Row 4 -- Batwoman, Northstar & Kyle, unknown
    Row 5 -- Wiccan & Hulkling, Karolina & Julie Power, Kevin Keller (Archie Comics)
    Dermie... Dermie... Dermie. You are my go-to-guy on these things, and you didn't have all the answers. Gotta be honest, I'm pretty disappointed

Ummmm... Green Lantern is gay??? COOL!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I would love to see Miguel back on the team, and I agree that Ewing would be a good writer for him...but don't count on him in MIGHTY anytime soon. Ewing has said that he has found the current cast already a bit much to juggle, so he's not likely to add anyone new anytime soon.
    True... which is a shame, because I'd love Ewing to tweek the cast a little a get a few characters I adore (Voodoo or Wiccan). Oh well. I HOPE... after Hickman... it is Ewing who takes over. He's proved he can spin anything into gold; and we need fresh blood to tackle the Avengers (and finally add an LGBT Avenger).
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 08-08-2014 at 02:08 AM.

A very sweet panel from the upcoming Avengers Undercover. Seems to confirm Aiden isn't even bi (sad day Aiden/Cullen shippers) BUT it's a really beautiful moment for those of us who've ever been in that situation where you fell for your best friend who is straight. LOVE Aiden in AU, he's my favourite.

Agreed. The Avengers editors need to pull their thumb out and get him back in comics ASAP!!! Latino rep is poor in Avenger comics, and LGBT rep is atrocious in the main teams (RE: non-existent). Living Lightning would go a long way to helping those stats improve. Get him in Mighty Avengers, at-least. We know Ewing's okay with writing and including LGBT characters.
    I really wish they would add Anya to the team and out her, like how nobody at Marvel realizes that she's queer?

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I really wish they would add Anya to the team and out her, like how nobody at Marvel realizes that she's queer?
    Who wouldn't go gay for Jessica, truthfully? Arana and MAC would be a fierce couple!

Spectacular Member

This is BEAUTIFUL!!! Thank-you so much for posting it. There a several I don't know (I'm assuming DC???)
    - 2nd down, left/2nd down, right
    - 3rd down, left/3rd down, centre
    - 4th down, right
    - 5th down, right
    2nd down, left (Madame Xanadu from her own series)
    3rd down, centre (Renee Montoya from Gotham Central)
    4th down, right (Rapunzel from Fairest)
    Last edited by anon_me; 08-08-2014 at 11:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by anon_me View Post
    2nd down, left (Madame Xanadu from her own series)
    3rd down, centre (Renee Montoya from Gotham Central)
    4th down, right (Rapunzel from Fairest)
    Ah, thank-you kindly. And welcome to the thread. Who is your favourite LGBT Marvel character?

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So are there any active LGBT relationships right now in Marvel? As in active, I mean are they an actual fixture of their series & make regular appearances.

I think Northstar & Kyle are still together but I cant even remember the last time they were on panel at the same time.
    While it's not an appearance it's an acknowledgement (the first in Amazing X-men, and the first since Astonishing X-men ended) of Northstar's husband Kyle. And it's a great way to include him/acknowledge Northstar's sexuality (Kyle would be dead if he actually IN World War Wendigo -- it's brutal). Also LOVING Kyle&Yost's voice for Northstar (I love that they have him float even in an airplane).

TWO THINGS

QUESTION: can you all help with links to Marvel LGBT character appreciation threads. I've got Northstar, Wiccan/Hulkling and Daken in the 2nd OP but does anyone know of any others? Does Anole have one? Bling!? Etc?

Secondly, crazy looking at old-CBR's poll results compared to this ones. Here it's Wiccan 1st, Mystique 2nd, Loki 3rc, Karma and Northstar tied 4th. On old-CBR Mystique was 1st, Northstar 2nd, Wiccan and Daken tied 3rd. Crazy how times change, even in just a year.

TWO THINGS

QUESTION: can you all help with links to Marvel LGBT character appreciation threads. I've got Northstar, Wiccan/Hulkling and Daken in the 2nd OP but does anyone know of any others? Does Anole have one? Bling!? Etc?
    The closest Anole and Bling! have is the blanket New X-Men thread over in the X-Men forum.

Ohhhhh... you have a picture of the cosplay? I always mean to get tickets to comic con and dress as Wiccan. Maybe next year.
    So, my sister got married this summer, which meant flying back home to Canada for the wedding. Yesterday, while rummaging through my stuff left at my parents' house, I found the Wiccan costume. Well... I found the cape and headband at least. The rest is gone but those are probably the most important parts of it.

Half tempted to put it on again.

A very sweet panel from the upcoming Avengers Undercover. Seems to confirm Aiden isn't even bi (sad day Aiden/Cullen shippers) BUT it's a really beautiful moment for those of us who've ever been in that situation where you fell for your best friend who is straight. LOVE Aiden in AU, he's my favourite.

Yeah, I really enjoyed that nice moment too. I don't think a lot of real-life people would feel the same way as Aiden in that they'd want to try and fix things and still be best friends.
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

BANNED

I havent read through the entirety of the thread, but I hope Psylocke isn't listed as an LGBT here. Simply because much of what Happened in Humphries UXF isn't taken as Canon, nor even used by other writers of Psylocke. Now If Psylocke is consistently shown as LGBT then cool. But not because Humphries thought it would be cool to have a sexualized character be even more sexualized.