View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 955 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 45585590594595195295395495595695795895996510051055 ... LastLast
Results 14,311 to 14,325 of 16971

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

Fuse and Alloy. I hope these two aren't forgotten about.
    Same here. Ramona was my favorite of America's recent love interests.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    They were supporting characters in Thompson's Hawkeye series, a pair of siblings who are friends of Kate Bishop who live in LA. They became members of the West Coast Avengers

Turns out that that their mother was a Dora Milaje who abandoned her post and raised them in the States. She died and left them vibranium rings, when they put on the rings it somehow activated their powers.

Fuse has Absorbing Man type powers, he wears piercings so that he is always in contact with some type of metal so he can always activate his powers. He is dating Kate, but it turns out that he's bisexual.

Alloy didn't fully activate her powers until recently, her contact with vibranium felt more permanent so she was afraid to complete the process until it felt necessary. She has completely bonded with vibranium, it's like a second skin of armor for her. She can manipulate it to create blades that extend out of her in any direction. She is currently dating America Chavez

Why couldn't I have found this out while my store was having a 40% off everything sale???

Now I have to find that series.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Hercules and Valkyrie.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

Hercules and Valkyrie.
    Ahhh I love them. I miss Brunnhilde already. I know she's in the Jane Foster title in some capacity, guiding her from Valhalla or something but it's not the same. And Herc needs to be in an ongoing ASAP. A bummer they ditched this design and tried to put him and the other Olympians in a New Gods scenario.

Sina Grace talking about his experience working on Iceman and for Marvel...... and it sounds rough:

https://sinagrace.tumblr.com/post/18...s-time-i-spoke

Can't say I'm surprised honestly.
    Last edited by Crimz; 06-28-2019 at 04:53 PM.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Writing for the Big Two is hard, writing for the X-Office is even harder, and then writing a book with a LGBTQ focus on top of that? Yeah, that does not sound fun.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Sina Grace talking about his experience working on Iceman and for Marvel...... and it sounds rough:

https://sinagrace.tumblr.com/post/18...s-time-i-spoke

Can't say I'm surprised honestly.
    That is some serious bullshit coming from Marvel. I mean, that whole part about how they limited the way he could promote the book and then got mad at him for making headlines is just, WTF??? That is some self-sabotaging right there. No wonder the book never stood a chance. It was not so much about not having an audience that could keep it going (like Sina said, it DID sell in trades), but much more about Marvel simply not supporting the book and the creative team enough. I wondered why The Unstoppable Wasp got to come back as an ongoing while Iceman only got a mini, and well, I guess this answers it. This truly shines a light on why it's so hard for us to see queer-led solo books on Marvel, and I am so glad Sina came forward with this, 'cause nothing ever changes if companies don't get called out on that kind of stuff.

Also, I'm glad he posted some of the receipts about the vile harassment he went through at the hands of comicsgaters. I was not aware of the controversy of Richard C. Meyer saying gay men like Sina should be killed off in a war. Not that I had any previous respect for that guy, but that just cements my utter disgust for him and his ilk.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Giant Man and Living Lightning. Miguel needs a new costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That is some serious bullshit coming from Marvel. I mean, that whole part about how they limited the way he could promote the book and then got mad at him for making headlines is just, WTF??? That is some self-sabotaging right there. No wonder the book never stood a chance. It was not so much about not having an audience that could keep it going (like Sina said, it DID sell in trades), but much more about Marvel simply not supporting the book and the creative team enough. I wondered why The Unstoppable Wasp got to come back as an ongoing while Iceman only got a mini, and well, I guess this answers it. This truly shines a light on why it's so hard for us to see queer-led solo books on Marvel, and I am so glad Sina came forward with this, 'cause nothing ever changes if companies don't get called out on that kind of stuff.

Also, I'm glad he posted some of the receipts about the vile harassment he went through at the hands of comicsgaters. I was not aware of the controversy of Richard C. Meyer saying gay men like Sina should be killed off in a war. Not that I had any previous respect for that guy, but that just cements my utter disgust for him and his ilk.
    With Marvel it really seems like a lot of these diverse titles get thrown out there with no support so Marvel can say "Well, we tried and nobody bought it!" the next time the subject of the lack of diversity comes up.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    With Marvel it really seems like a lot of these diverse titles get thrown out there with no support so Marvel can say "Well, we tried and nobody bought it!" the next time the subject of the lack of diversity comes up.
    They do the same thing with A LOT of titles. Teen mutant teams over on the X-side immediately come to mind along with any LGBT titles or ones that are female led with some exceptions.

Spectacular Member

Did anyone else see this comment from Reddit from the thread where they were discussing the Sina Grace essay? Not only is it disgusting, the fact that there’s so many characters it could be is also gross. My personal bets are on Riri or Nadia.

47A759FF-2F07-4661-93F6-92243843E768.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post
    Did anyone else see this comment from Reddit from the thread where they were discussing the Sina Grace essay? Not only is it disgusting, the fact that there’s so many characters it could be is also gross. My personal bets are on Riri or Nadia.

Given some of the recent stuff I've heard from Marvel writers, it doesn't surprise me in the least. I'll be absolutely shocked if we see Iceman in the MCU X-Men.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Given some of the recent stuff I've heard from Marvel writers, it doesn't surprise me in the least. I'll be absolutely shocked if we see Iceman in the MCU X-Men.
    I think we will, if not at first. We are about to get a gay lead in Eternals. I don't actually think that the movies side of things thinks this way, at least anymore, but that the actual writers and editors of the comics that the movies are based on do think this way and it's backwards. Like, there's also no way that when we eventually get a Young Avengers movie that it won't have Billy, Teddy, and maybe even America. Literally no way.

Also? The character is absolutely Kamala Khan.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Ultimate Member

They weren't even allowed to reference Valkyrie's bisexuality in Thor: Ragnarok, despite Taika Waititi and Tessa Thompson both wanting and pushing for it. That's, very telling, sadly.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by FantasticVision View Post

It sucks, but to play Devil's advocate, Marvel are a business, not a social concern. If their market research says a gay character wont sell, or could actively hurt the money making ability of the character, then it's their duty as a business to 'protect' that asset.

What I'm more concerned about here is that Marvel seemed to actively try and dissuade Grace from gaining publicity and trying to improve his sales. That is bad business and does make it seem someone at Marvel is, or was, not really for inclusion when it comes to LGBT content.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    Also? The character is absolutely Kamala Khan.
    If it was, then I could see why they wouldnt have wanted that, and it wont have to do with MCU synergy, but the crazy religious backlash they'd likely have gotten.
    Last edited by legion_quest; 06-30-2019 at 08:03 AM.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God