View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 55 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 545515253545556575859651051555551055 ... LastLast

Flash & Brunnhilde...So Random!

To me, my X-men...

If Hickman ends his run on Avengers without outing his mysterious "LGBT Avenger"... HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?
    http://community.comicbookresources....T-Avenger-quot

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    Agreed. Because I liked them both as characters, I didn't mind the pairing; but I'm not bothered they are no longer together either.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Agreed. Because I liked them both as characters, I didn't mind the pairing; but I'm not bothered they are no longer together either.
    wait what when

Quote Originally Posted by Mutant God View Post
    wait what when
    Oh... I thought they broke up in Fearless Defenders, because of Valkyrie's "it's complicated" relationship with Dr. Annabella Rigg. Are they back together in GofG?

Oh... I thought they broke up in Fearless Defenders, because of Valkyrie's "it's complicated" relationship with Dr. Annabella Rigg. Are they back together in GofG?
    I don't know, I was a fan of the couple.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Look at the very first post of this thread. It shows the pic those all come from.
    Oh, I meant if the artist has done more illustrations like this?

Flash and Valkyrie was a thing, god I'm behind. When did that happen, what issue.

Quote Originally Posted by the nomad View Post
    Flash and Valkyrie was a thing, god I'm behind. When did that happen, what issue.
    It was in Secret Avengers, Flash joined the team in Secret Avengers #23, I believe, so I say after that

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Nope. Straight as far as we know. However, It has been noted that Asmus wanted to write him as Bisexual in his latest solo. However Marvel was against it, and so it never happened.
    One of the biggest appeals of that book for me was when Asmus said in an interview "we'll be getting shirtless/more-than-shirtless Gambit." Right there, I was in.

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    One of the biggest appeals of that book for me was when Asmus said in an interview "we'll be getting shirtless/more-than-shirtless Gambit." Right there, I was in.
    Yeah, that definitely didn't hurt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I would like to point out that we currently have no evidence to support that Tommy (Billy's brother Speed) is anything but heterosexual.

So the Young Avengers has TWO straight members, until proven otherwise.
    Kate and Tommy.
    How I read Marvel Boy in this is he's questioning, rather than necessarily LGBTQ. He might have screwed around with a few guys but he doesn't define himself with that as a sexuality.

So that's three, at least in my opinion. I wouldn't be outside his character, but I see him as much more of a ladies man. Bisexual, with predominant attraction to females? Maybe, but Gillen left what was said in that last issue loose rather than "I am gay." "I am pan." etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    America's date with a civilian made me a little worried. I always get concerned about superhero/nonsuperhero romances. I just feel like the powered lifestyle conflicts so much with what most people want out of a relationship that only another superhero could make it work with any of our valiant protagonists.

(*aggressively ships Xavin and America*)
    I love the idea of America going on a date with a girl where her date can just be like "You're a superhero?" "Yeah." "Oh my God just get down with me now ACHJDS#FG;D *fangirls* THIS IS AMAZING". The exclusive club of superhero-superhero relationships is just, I don't know, a little too exclusive.

tumblr_nb9w2jIBOv1rf92z1o2_500.jpg

You're GLORIOUS!!!
    Your response is GLORIOUS.

I bumped into a Miss America cosplay at the con which was awesome, and now I've found her Tumblr so we're kind of friends too. In a Tumblr way. I'm kind of hoping she's gay, otherwise she's non-canon.

Rockslide helped Anole come out, and instantly reinforced him being gay with love and acceptance. Coming out is one of the hardest things, and Rockslide made it safe and easy for Anole. He also encourages him to date, and is always there for him. Plus... if you think Rockslide wouldn't beat down anyone who EVER through shade on Anole being gay, you have just not read enough Anole/Rockslide issues.

Notice Rockslide is thrilled, and showing his support for Anole by putting his hand on his shoulder. He's a glorious ally!!!
    He made gay jokes until he pissed off Anole enough to throw him out a window. He then proceeded to out Victor to the rest of the student body, that's not "helping" him to come out that's forcing him out of the closet. Alani already knew but some of the other students didn't and it should have been up to Victor if and when he wanted to come out to them. Notice how Victor threatened to kill Rockslide in that scene, he was completely out of line.

The only time we've seen Rockslide encourage Anole to date was when he hamfisted tried to set him up with Striker (who wasn't even his type). And even in that issue Anole said that Santo tried to set him up with any gay guy whether or not Anole was attracted to him at all. "You're both gay you should date". (Of course that's the kind of Straight people logic that set up Karolina Dean and Julie Power, they both like girls and they fly with rainbows, that's literally the extent of depth of their relationship.)

I'm not saying that Rockslide doesn't have good intentions or is a horrible person, but he's a shitty ally. And Allies shouldn't invade queer spaces in the first place.

Missed this the first time round... so Danger is LGBT?
    I get the feeling that PAD is writing her as, essentially, not having an actual gender. She's a machine based on alien technology. She has no objections to people referring to her as female, but I don't think she, herself, has any particular gender identification. As such, she likewise doesn't much care about the gender of anyone she may have sex with.

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    The Mighty Avengers is a black Avengers team and not everyone is black. I've already stated my reasons. If they aren't in the gay community they are associated either within the comic world or through their fan base.
    Mighty Avengers is not a black Avengers team. It is a minority-majority Avengers team. There's a difference.

Rockslide helped Anole come out, and instantly reinforced him being gay with love and acceptance. Coming out is one of the hardest things, and Rockslide made it safe and easy for Anole. He also encourages him to date, and is always there for him. Plus... if you think Rockslide wouldn't beat down anyone who EVER through shade on Anole being gay, you have just not read enough Anole/Rockslide issues.
    Rockslide didn't "help" Anole come out. He flat-out declared that Anole was gay, without Anole's permission. And everyone else already knew it anyway.