View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 928 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4288288789189249259269279289299309319329389781028 ... LastLast
Results 13,906 to 13,920 of 16971
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    There's a "spoiler/leak" about Avengers: Endgame that spoilers:
    describes the appearance of a character that sounds extremely descriptive of Teddy, as an Avenger in the future. And according to it, he hits on Bruce Banner/Hulk.
    end of spoilers
    I wasn't going to, but I didn't resist and read that anyway.

spoilers:
    We know a teenage Cassie Lang is rumored to appear in the movie. If that turns out to be true, maybe we get a glimpse of the Young Avengers in the future, which would fit with Kate coming to the MCU as well. That's the only scenario in which I can see Hulkling appearing in this movie. But him hitting on Bruce Banner, though? That's just weird to me, specially if Billy is also there, which I would think he would be if we were getting a YA glimpse with the OG team. It'd make more sense if it was a scene with the two boys commenting on how hot the Avengers guys are or something like that.
    end of spoilers

Does anyone have a link to where this spoiler/leak came from? I'm genuinely curious now.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-13-2019 at 04:54 AM.

I tried but didn't find anything.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

Does anyone have a link to where this spoiler/leak came from? I'm genuinely curious know.
    Yeah, I'm also really interested in knowing where this rumour came from.

Wow. You guys are v tempting with your spoiler tags, but I'm keeping in control.

I'm sure this has been mentioned in the past (I feel I preface every one of my posts here with that), but isn't anyone else super stoked for Disney Plus? It's the best medium for Disney and Marvel to experiment without major repercussions of failure. Stranger stories or lesser-known properties have a much higher chance to be made into a Disney+ movie or TV series or special.

The "big screen" isn't even an ultimate goal anymore. Disney is really starting to expand and launch itself into the future of entertainment and media. They'll still produce theater movies, yes, but when they are making high quality products like The Mandolorian with a Game of Thrones budget? That part of me would rather be able to watch that whenever I want to and how many ever times I want to for only $7 per month.

And my point is-- I feel like this is a chance to explore LGBT characters and stories.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gifted View Post
    Wow. You guys are v tempting with your spoiler tags, but I'm keeping in control.

I'm sure this has been mentioned in the past (I feel I preface every one of my posts here with that), but isn't anyone else super stoked for Disney Plus? It's the best medium for Disney and Marvel to experiment without major repercussions of failure. Stranger stories or lesser-known properties have a much higher chance to be made into a Disney+ movie or TV series or special.

The "big screen" isn't even an ultimate goal anymore. Disney is really starting to expand and launch itself into the future of entertainment and media. They'll still produce theater movies, yes, but when they are making high quality products like The Mandolorian with a Game of Thrones budget? That part of me would rather be able to watch that whenever I want to and how many ever times I want to for only $7 per month.

And my point is-- I feel like this is a chance to explore LGBT characters and stories.
    Yes, I AM very excited about the possibilities Disney+ opens up for not only Marvel, but so many other brands and franchises. And for anyone who was worried about the service trying to ''keep things conservative'', there's been news going around about a Love, Simon TV show spin-off, so yeah, it doesn't sound like Disney is trying to avoid LGBTQ-inclusive projects or anything like that at all.

I highly doubt the validity of that rumour though, to be honest.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yes, I AM very excited about the possibilities Disney+ opens up for not only Marvel, but so many other brands and franchises. And for anyone who was worried about the service trying to ''keep things conservative'', there's been news going around about a Love, Simon TV show spin-off, so yeah, it doesn't sound like Disney is trying to avoid LGBTQ-inclusive projects or anything like that at all.
    Yeah, I'm definitely looking forward to Disney+ I'm really hoping there's a gay character in The Mandalorian.

So now I'm hearing that one of the characters in Shazam! is implied to be gay. It's hard to explain without giving away spoilers for the movie and I can never remember how to use spoiler tags so I'll just say that it's an ambiguous line of dialogue that hints that a certain character is not attracted to women. I wonder if this will get followed up on if there's a sequel.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 04-14-2019 at 11:30 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    So now I'm hearing that one of the characters in Shazam! is implied to be gay. It's hard to explain without giving away spoilers for the movie and I can never remember how to use spoiler tags so I'll just say that it's an ambiguous line of dialogue that hints that a certain character is not attracted to women. I wonder if this will get followed up on if there's a sequel.
    A male not being attracted to women doesn't automatically mean gay.

Astonishing Member

True enough, but its at least a possibility that is implied so its worth keeping an eye on.

Ultimate Member

You will still see folks throw FITS even with a stream service.

I know, but that's what the speculation is so I was just bringing it up.

Some good stuff in West Coast Avengers.

spoilers:
    Ramone and America kiss, and we have Fuse and Marvel Boy both admitting they think the other is hot.
    end of spoilers

I'm so mad the book is over.

Some Eternals details.

Previously we provided you an exclusive story about Marvel’s desire to cast an openly gay male lead. Now we can bring this additional, exclusive information from That Hashtag Show: we can confirm that the studio is seeking an actor to fill the role of James, who is “intellectual, emotional, and has a strong sense of family.” Specifically, the studio is looking at openly gay/bisexual Asian actors in their 20’s.

One name we hear is at the top of Marvel’s list for the role is Conrad Ricamora. He’s currently starring in How To Get Away With Murder. We have not heard back from Ricamora’s agent.
    http://www.thathashtagshow.com/2019/...-the-eternals/

spoilers:
    Al Ewing and Jason Aaron deadass gonna go save those bi and lesbian queens.
    end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I'm crying at Marvel looking for a gay male Asian LEAD for Eternals. I finally have some representation! Also, they are possibly looking to cast bby Oliver as him? This news has me stoked if it's all true.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Which character would that be? James is just the fake casting name, right?