View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1046 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 46546946996103610421043104410451046104710481049105010561096 ... LastLast
Results 15,676 to 15,690 of 16971
    Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Who’s pissed off?

I mean, Hercules is a longtime Marvel character since the 1960s and he was recently fully outed to be queer. Even though we already had an alternate universe Hercules be gay in X-Treme X-Men.

Also, off topic. But Aquaman and Mera’s daughter was just revealed to be queer as well.
    If you go back a bit, lots of people were very annoyed at the suggest Hercules might be anything other than straight; there was some debate after the fiasco of him being editorially decreed straight even though anyone who knows anything about the myths he's based on, and that Marvel have used over and over for his back story, would know that wasnt the case. As such, Herc actually having a relationship (or hooking up at least) with Noh makes sense and just takes him back away from that awful editorial comment. The alt. reality one we saw was in a gay relationship, but could easily have been as pan as you would expect a Greek demigod to be - and even then they were two very clearly separate characters. If the DC board was more active, there would likely be more posters there moaning about it, as they did when New 52 Alan first appeared as a gay man.

With Alan, it just makes a mess of the character to try and bring back the old, but keep elements of the new when they were previously very clearly two different characters. Why do that when we could have had both and much more streamlined storytelling over trying to push two elements together and creating something that, for me at least, seems unnecessary. I'd have preferred they stay separate and interact, which I feel is more interesting as a story, rather than become one as the case seems to be.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    That's a shame.

Not that Obsidian is back, I always liked him, but that the 'main' universe Alan is now gay. If they wanted that, they should have kept the young one around, then brought back original old straight Alan and Obsidian as well.

Could have had some interesting stories with Alan and the old JSA meeting young gay Alan, while he would also be meeting the older versions of his now lost/gone friends.

There was no need to erase the old Alan to keep the new one, when it's an alt. reality situation. Could have had both, and not needed messy retcons, or to piss off a load of fans all over again when you could have kept both sides happy enough and had both characters.
    Obsidian is gonna be back in Infinity frontier.

It might not amount to anything but this weeks Sword by Al Ewing had a panel between Fabian Cortez and Sunfire that was rather suggestive to say the least and seeing as Mr. Ewing seems to be on a one-man crusade to make Marvel gayer I'd keep an eye on it.

Also a bit off topic but in relation to a previous comment about DC I recently learned about Wonder Woman twin brother Jason who's bisexual and even depicted with a male lover. A bit of a double-edged sword I guess as it makes the WW franchise look good for having such significant queer male rep despite being rather female-centric but also again highlights Superman and Batman complete lack of it despite not having the same drawbacks.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by walk View Post
    It might not amount to anything but this weeks Sword by Al Ewing had a panel between Fabian Cortez and Sunfire that was rather suggestive to say the least and seeing as Mr. Ewing seems to be on a one-man crusade to make Marvel gayer I'd keep an eye on it.
    Yeah, I noticed that too. Given that the sexualities of both Sunfire and Cortez are pretty undefined as far as I can see, it is definitely something worth making note of.

speaking of SWORD, does anyone know Wiz-Kid's sexual orientation?
    I remember once I heard he's a bi or gay somewhere but after checking his fandom page just found nothing about his relationships.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WildR View Post
    speaking of SWORD, does anyone know Wiz-Kid's sexual orientation?
    I remember once I heard he's a bi or gay somewhere but after checking his fandom page just found nothing about his relationships.
    As far as I'm aware nothing has been established yet about his orientation. He and Fabian Cortez are both pretty much blank slates in that regard. Actually a few of the SWORD cast have had fairly little done with regards to their love lives. Manifold has had a bit of flirting with Shuri, and that's about all. I don't think much has been done with Mentallo's personal life.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Immortal Hulk #42 - Dr. McGowan appears in this issue

Marauders #17 - Iceman is absent, but we get appearances from Kate Pryde, Christian Frost, Shinobi Shaw, and Jumbo Carnation (who picks up a new suitor). Also Andreas Strucker has a cameo, and Callisto and Storm have their usual ambiguously close dynamic going on.

Planet Of The Symbiotes #1 of 3 has a Scream story. Before her solo book was cancelled it was hinted that Andi might be gay or bisexual, but the pandemic shutdown got the book abruptly cancelled before anything could be confirmed. Her short story here doesn't contain any further hints...but she's getting her own one-shot later on during the event, so maybe that will address some of the loose threads from her solo book.

SWORD #2 doesn't have any confirmed LGBT content but as noted earlier in the thread there was a suggestive panel between Cortez and Sunfire, and neither of them have ever had a confirmed love interest so it might be a hint of things to come. We'll see.

Shockingly the CHRIS CLAREMONT ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL one-shot didn't have anything. Gambit and Storm both appeared but neither of them have been officially outed yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    As far as I'm aware nothing has been established yet about his orientation. He and Fabian Cortez are both pretty much blank slates in that regard. Actually a few of the SWORD cast have had fairly little done with regards to their love lives. Manifold has had a bit of flirting with Shuri, and that's about all. I don't think much has been done with Mentallo's personal life.
    thanks

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

Immortal Hulk #42 - Dr. McGowan appears in this issue

Marauders #17 - Iceman is absent, but we get appearances from Kate Pryde, Christian Frost, Shinobi Shaw, and Jumbo Carnation (who picks up a new suitor). Also Andreas Strucker has a cameo, and Callisto and Storm have their usual ambiguously close dynamic going on.

Planet Of The Symbiotes #1 of 3 has a Scream story. Before her solo book was cancelled it was hinted that Andi might be gay or bisexual, but the pandemic shutdown got the book abruptly cancelled before anything could be confirmed. Her short story here doesn't contain any further hints...but she's getting her own one-shot later on during the event, so maybe that will address some of the loose threads from her solo book.

SWORD #2 doesn't have any confirmed LGBT content but as noted earlier in the thread there was a suggestive panel between Cortez and Sunfire, and neither of them have ever had a confirmed love interest so it might be a hint of things to come. We'll see.

Shockingly the CHRIS CLAREMONT ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL one-shot didn't have anything. Gambit and Storm both appeared but neither of them have been officially outed yet.
    Gwenom vs Carnage was this week. Mary Jane, from Ghost-Spider’s Earth, was in it. And she’s queer.

Hela was in the aforementioned Chris Claremont Anniversary. Does she count? She’s married to Karnilla.

Astonishing Member

Gwenom vs Carnage was this week. Mary Jane, from Ghost-Spider’s Earth, was in it. And she’s queer.
    Thanks for that. I've encountered Ghost-Spider a few times in crossover appearances in "Spider-Verse" storylines, but I know very little about her supporting cast.

Hela was in the aforementioned Chris Claremont Anniversary. Does she count? She’s married to Karnilla.
    Good question. My understanding is that their marriage is more of a political alliance than any actual romantic connection between them. But that doesn't necessarily mean that she isn't bi -- a lot of the gods and immortal seem to be bi or pan.

Extraordinary Member

Zoe Zimmer hasn’t been cast in Ms Marvel show yet and they’re well into production. I wonder if her character was dropped from the show?

Zoe Zimmer hasn’t been cast in Ms Marvel show yet and they’re well into production. I wonder if her character was dropped from the show?
    It wouldn't shock me if that were the case. Zoe didn't come out until well into the comic's second run, when all the hype had died down.
    I still miss Renee Montoya. Oh, and I'm a dude.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Just because an actress wasn't revealed doesn't mean the character hasn't been cast. Marvel might've simply not released that, specially if she is a minor character on the first season and is only being billed as a guest actress. I believe the cast list that they released for Ms. Marvel was for the main/regular cast.

image002-11.jpg

https://bleedingcool.com/comics/marv...of-the-galaxy/

Wiccan and Hulkling in Guardians of the Galaxy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I repeat.
    Wiccan and Hulkling in Guardians of the Galaxy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Al Ewing is EVERYTHING.

Mystique will be in Women of Marvel
    As she will be interacting with Rogue, I dare to hope that Destiny will be mentioned once or twice