View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 980 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 48088093097097697797897998098198298398499010301080 ... LastLast
Results 14,686 to 14,700 of 16971
    Astonishing Member

But given that original Pyro was also originally intended to be gay, perhaps he'll follow in Simon's footsteps and also be a hook up for Iceman.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Now I'm very, very happy to see this thread is still alive and kicking. Any Wiccan updates, or "must buy" stories? Or Iceman? OR any awesome new gay characters I've missed? I haven't bought a comic in nearly two years? Has it been that long? Looking to get back into TPBs. Thanking you, in advance. x
    I don't know if you've been keeping up with Marvel movies/TV shows news, but we're getting at least two LGBT+ characters in Marvel movies in the next two years. Kevin Feige has confirmed that Eternals (coming out next year) will have a gay male character who's married. We don't know who's the character yet, but fan speculation and rumors point towards either Ikaris (played by Richard Madden) or Phastos (played by Brian Tyree Henry). Tessa Thompson also confirmed Valkyrie being bi and that she would be ''looking for a queen'' in the upcoming Thor: Love And Thunder movie (coming in 2021).

And just recently we got rumors of Wiccan's (and Speed's) origin story possibly being adapted on the WandaVision TV show coming in 2021 on Disney+, which could lead to the Young Avengers in the MCU. But nothing has been confirmed so far.

That's kind of disappointing, as I was hoping we would get a follow-up to Bobby and Simon's hookup. But on the other hand, Gerry Duggan kind of teased on Twitter that Christian Frost might be the guy that shows up alongside Bobby on the cover of one of the upcoming issues of Marauders, so I guess all is forgiven if they give me that IceFrost ship I've been craving.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 10-16-2019 at 10:31 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    That's kind of disappointing, and I was hoping we would get a follow-up to Bobby and Simon's hookup.
    Technically Sina Grace followed up on it a bit in the one-shot that finished his ICEMAN run. The two agreed there was nothing serious to pursue between them...but that didn't rule out the occasional friends-with-benefits hook-up, as they had sex again as Simon's "birthday present" to Bobby since he didn't buy him a gift.

But on the other hand, Gerry Duggan kind of teased on Twitter that Christian Frost might be the guy that shows up alongside Bobby on the cover of one of the upcoming issues of Marauders, so I guess all is forgiven if they give me that IceFrost ship I've been craving.
    Interesting! Regardless of whether we see a Bobby/Christian relationship (I'm not sure Christian is mentally/emotionally ready to date anyone just yet) it will be cool to see his storyline followed up on!

Jim Cheung posted a new image of Billy on his Instagram, which you can find here.

Someone asked if he could soon tell us what it's for, and he said, "Stay tuned..."
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Unsure whether this counts as LGBT rep, but there are hints that Scott, Jean, and Logan are in a Poly relationship. Specifically:

ERlYTCb.jpg

Jean's room has doors directly to both Scott and Logan's rooms. Also, Logan is living in the Summers household, where the only people there not directly related to Scott are Jean and Logan, and considering that two of those people are biologically Jean's children, if not actually since clones and alternate dimensions...

What I really wonder now is if Jean is just in a relationship with both Scott and Logan, or if those two are together as well. If they are, then we have some new bi/pan mutants to celebrate. And some of the most famous ones too! Logan even had an alternate version of his date Hercules anyway, so it's not like his sexuality would come from nowhere!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    The backup in Aero revealed Sea Hunter was in a relationship with a Sirena named Carina.
    Thank you for that.

Wow, the AGENTS OF ATLAS book and all of its various side solo projects are certainly adding a lot of new characters into the mainstream Marvel Universe! Nice to see some more LGBT representation among them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Thank you for that.

Wow, the AGENTS OF ATLAS book and all of its various side solo projects are certainly adding a lot of new characters into the mainstream Marvel Universe! Nice to see some more LGBT representation among them.
    Yeah, I'm glad to see them finally fleshing out Marvel's Asian heroes, and in a way that's actually thoughtful. Too often new Asian characters are just white dudes making clunky manga parodies...

Quote Originally Posted by Ticomat View Post
    Unsure whether this counts as LGBT rep, but there are hints that Scott, Jean, and Logan are in a Poly relationship. Specifically:

ERlYTCb.jpg

Jean's room has doors directly to both Scott and Logan's rooms. Also, Logan is living in the Summers household, where the only people there not directly related to Scott are Jean and Logan, and considering that two of those people are biologically Jean's children, if not actually since clones and alternate dimensions...

What I really wonder now is if Jean is just in a relationship with both Scott and Logan, or if those two are together as well. If they are, then we have some new bi/pan mutants to celebrate. And some of the most famous ones too! Logan even had an alternate version of his date Hercules anyway, so it's not like his sexuality would come from nowhere!
    Polyamorous relationships don't always translate into queer relationships, though. Like you said, it's possible Scott and Logan are just ''sharing'' Jean without having any actual contact between themselves. And even if Hickman's intention is to have a full-on threesome, I have my doubts if Marvel would allow him to go that far explicitly. Making BOTH Cyclops and Wolverine openly queer in the main universe would be a tough pitch coming from any writer, let's be real.

Polyamorous relationships don't always translate into queer relationships, though. Like you said, it's possible Scott and Logan are just ''sharing'' Jean without having any actual contact between themselves. And even if Hickman's intention is to have a full-on threesome, I have my doubts if Marvel would allow him to go that far explicitly. Making BOTH Cyclops and Wolverine openly queer in the main universe would be a tough pitch coming from any writer, let's be real.
    Yeah, I know. I don't think it will happen. Hell, even the polyamory seems a little unlikely. But if they are in fact in an open relationship, then it does open some doors. I also wonder if Scott is dating Emma as well, but since she doesn't have a room in his house and Wolverine does, I don't think so? But yeah, I think it's REALLY unlikely that Scott specifically would be made queer is some way, but Logan does have the whole "AU dating Hercules" going for him.

And lastly, I wanted to ask, does straight polyamory count as LGBTQ+ in some way? Since they do face discrimination for being in unusual sexual relationships that should be no big deal as long as everyone is consenting and aware of the situation? I think they kind of fit in a blurred line kinda way since they are discriminated based on their sexual preferences, but don't really know the actual answer. What do you guys think?

And lastly, I wanted to ask, does straight polyamory count as LGBTQ+ in some way? Since they do face discrimination for being in unusual sexual relationships that should be no big deal as long as everyone is consenting and aware of the situation? I think they kind of fit in a blurred line kinda way since they are discriminated based on their sexual preferences, but don't really know the actual answer. What do you guys think?
    Nah wouldn't count it. It's a cis person banging another cis person f the opposite sex...Are single straight and sexually active cis people considered Queer? Polygamy isn't a preference it's a choice...like only banging people in a higher income bracket than you....or strictly hooking up with fraternity/sorority members you're not born with that sexual inclination
    GrindrStone(D)

Yeah, I know. I don't think it will happen. Hell, even the polyamory seems a little unlikely. But if they are in fact in an open relationship, then it does open some doors. I also wonder if Scott is dating Emma as well, but since she doesn't have a room in his house and Wolverine does, I don't think so? But yeah, I think it's REALLY unlikely that Scott specifically would be made queer is some way, but Logan does have the whole "AU dating Hercules" going for him.

Straight polyamory doesn’t count as LGBTQ+ any more than ‘ally’ counts. But polyamory DOES fall under the sexual minority umbrella, as far as I’m concerned. As such, I stand for their right to be themselves as long as no one’s getting hurt.

I guess the thing that really separates being polyamorous from being LGBTQ is the fact that it's a relationship status, not an identity like being gay, bi, trans, etc. Polyamorous people can choose to be in a polyamorous relationship as they please, and LGBTQ people don't have the luxury of choosing or controlling their sexual orientation and/or gender identity.

If we're following that logic of relationships that suffer discrimination for being unusual and outside of social norms, would consensual incestuous relationships count as being LGBTQ? Would interracial relationships count? Would relationships between a disabled and an able-bodied person count? Would a relationship between an overweight and a non-overweight person count? I mean, it would be kind of a stretch to say all of those are LGBTQ in nature. Queer identities and those relationships can always intersect, obviously, but not all of the relationships are going to be inherently queer.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Absolute Carnage Vs Deadpool #3 of 3 - Wade comments on Spider-Man's "tight buttocks" as Spidey is carrying him to safety.

Captain America #15 - Toni Ho has a cameo appearance

Guardians Of The Galaxy #10 - No Phyla in this issue, but Moondragon is involved in the story.

I think that's it for this week (except for TPBs - the latest trades are out for RUNAWAYS and MAGNIFICENT MS. MARVEL). Anything I missed?

Looks like we can add Isaac Ikeda (the Protector of Pan) to the list of LGBTQ+ characters.

Quote Originally Posted by zinderel View Post
    Straight polyamory doesn’t count as LGBTQ+ any more than ‘ally’ counts. But polyamory DOES fall under the sexual minority umbrella, as far as I’m concerned. As such, I stand for their right to be themselves as long as no one’s getting hurt.
    Pretty much. It actually is a lifestyle choice, but so long as everyone involved is a consenting adult, people need to mind their business.