View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 949 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 4498498999399459469479489499509519529539599991049 ... LastLast
Results 14,221 to 14,235 of 16971
    Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Anole and Graymalkin.

Graymalkin's character design is so boring, I wonder if that is partially responsible for why he never really caught on.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Billy and Tommy's ages didn't match the Maximoff babies in the Scarlet Witch solo, so he left open to interpration two possible scenarios: either the babies took over the bodies of two children who were already born, or they time traveled and reincarnated in the past.
    Huh, see, I just assumed it was just that Wanda's reality warping aged them up and dropped them into the Marvel Universe, changed the universe around them. Not time-travel, but more akin to how Miles Morales has been integrated into Earth-616. I suppose this might just be splitting hairs here, but... like, House of M isn't premised on Wanda using her powers to go back in time to change the past and produce a different premise. House of M, reality was just changed into something else. Yes, it had a different past, but that past was created at the same moment as the present.

So it isn't that they didn't have a past, or that they travel back in time, but that their past was created in inserted into reality.

Yeah, I've brought up the weirdness of Teddy's age once around here. There is no way the Kree/Skrull War is as old as he is in the MU, so there should definitely be an explanation for his age. I like that James Robinson took the time to acknowledge that Billy and Tommy's ages didn't match the Maximoff babies in the Scarlet Witch solo, so he left open to interpration two possible scenarios: either the babies took over the bodies of two children who were already born, or they time traveled and reincarnated in the past. I wish some writer would do the same for Teddy.

His adoptive mom artifically aging him and giving him false memories of an early childhood on Earth is my guess as well, as that would've been a good way to disguise him. I guess they could also say that due to the fact that he and his mom traveled through space, time passed differently for them, so by the time they arrived on Earth, Teddy was older than someone raised there. Although that would raise the question as to why he didn't remember having an early childhood in space...
    Teddy could just look older than he actually is, as a hybrid of two alien races he could have matured through infancy faster than Franklin and as a shapeshifter settled on an age once Janice Altman enrolled him in school. He just might not remember being any younger than let's say 5 years old because that period of his life only lasted for a few months.

My issue with James Robinson's explanations for Billy and Tommy's ages is that it ignores the fact that Wanda was a straight up reality warper. At the height of her power she could have just created new bodies and lives for Billy and Tommy, placed them with their respective families, and given everyone retroactive memories and histories, and it would be as real as anything else

GotG Annual spoiwees uwu:

spoilers:
    AVRIL IS FUCKING ALIIIIIVE!!!! THANK YOU EWING-SAMA!! I hope this “no compromise, no mercy” team is written by Ewing so they can go rescue her
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    2017 Nick Spencer: "And then Avril says, 'See you soon.' We'll get back to her later!"

Also 2017 Nick Spencer: "So yeah, I really think Rick's death is important to how the story is remembered, but I don't own the character."

Fans and H8ers of Spencer Cap: where's avril FORK

2018 Al Ewing: "Right then, let's bring the devil back. And Rick becomes A-b-o-m--"

2018 Nick Spencer appears from the darkness with a swarm of centipedes: "nOt sO fAsT eWiNg, yOu'Re bReAkInG tHe RuLeS oF tHe GaMe--"

Ewing: "I'll bring Avril back."

Spencipede: "Okay, we're even."
    end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Teddy could just look older than he actually is, as a hybrid of two alien races he could have matured through infancy faster than Franklin and as a shapeshifter settled on an age once Janice Altman enrolled him in school. He just might not remember being any younger than let's say 5 years old because that period of his life only lasted for a few months.
    The problem with the idea of him shapeshifting to look older than his actual age is that depending on just how big the discrepancy is, it runs the risk of accidentally making Wiccan a child molester (even if the gap is just a few years--if Billy is age of consent and Teddy technically isn't). That is a potential mess best avoided.

My issue with James Robinson's explanations for Billy and Tommy's ages is that it ignores the fact that Wanda was a straight up reality warper. At the height of her power she could have just created new bodies and lives for Billy and Tommy, placed them with their respective families, and given everyone retroactive memories and histories, and it would be as real as anything else
    I suspect that is what they truly meant the 'time travel/reincarnation' option -- just using different words. By warping reality she recreated them at an earlier point in time.

Ultimate Member

Yeah, I've brought up the weirdness of Teddy's age once around here. There is no way the Kree/Skrull War is as old as he is in the MU, so there should definitely be an explanation for his age. I like that James Robinson took the time to acknowledge that Billy and Tommy's ages didn't match the Maximoff babies in the Scarlet Witch solo, so he left open to interpration two possible scenarios: either the babies took over the bodies of two children who were already born, or they time traveled and reincarnated in the past. I wish some writer would do the same for Teddy.

His adoptive mom artifically aging him and giving him false memories of an early childhood on Earth is my guess as well, as that would've been a good way to disguise him. I guess they could also say that due to the fact that he and his mom traveled through space, time passed differently for them, so by the time they arrived on Earth, Teddy was older than someone raised there. Although that would raise the question as to why he didn't remember having an early childhood in space...
    Why hasn't this been hashed out, does anyone know? Do they really expect Allan Heinberg to come back? Their general lack of development makes it seem like they actually expect that

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The problem with the idea of him shapeshifting to look older than his actual age is that depending on just how big the discrepancy is, it runs the risk of accidentally making Wiccan a child molester (even if the gap is just a few years--if Billy is age of consent and Teddy technically isn't). That is a potential mess best avoided.
    I mean it depends, he's got the mental maturity of a young adult male.
    There are clones and genetically engineered characters all over Marvel who are chronologically younger than they are mentally and physically. It's just a conceit of the genre.
    The Stepford Cuckoos, Nate Grey, Victor Mancha, etc

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

spoilers:
    AVRIL IS FUCKING ALIIIIIVE!!!! THANK YOU EWING-SAMA!! I hope this “no compromise, no mercy” team is written by Ewing so they can go rescue her
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    What are the best Avril appearances? I remember when she first showed up, and I remember her spot in Secret Empire, but I can't remember much else with her...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Why hasn't this been hashed out, does anyone know? Do they really expect Allan Heinberg to come back? Their general lack of development makes it seem like they actually expect that
    I don't think the have any expectation of Heinberg coming back. The relatively small amount of Young Avengers content relates to a few factors. One part of it is that they've had comparatively few appearances. They aren't like, say, Spider-Man, where most Marvel writers could probably write him in their sleep.

Also, by around the time of Children's Crusade, the Young Avengers had become something of a prestige property. Marvel likes to be picky with the creative teams

I mean it depends, he's got the mental maturity of a young adult male.
    There are clones and genetically engineered characters all over Marvel who are chronologically younger than they are mentally and physically. It's just a conceit of the genre.
    The Stepford Cuckoos, Nate Grey, Victor Mancha, etc
    I think ultimately its just a case of the Marvel Universe whole wibbly-wobbly sliding timescale. At the end of the day, the Kree-Skrull War happened as long ago as it needs to for Teddy's age.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post

spoilers:
    end of spoilers
    But why?

I'd rather they finally go through with the Wendall is bi thing that Gruenwald wanted to do in the 90s than bring in/back another failed legacy character.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    But why?

I'd rather they finally go through with the Wendall is bi thing that Gruenwald wanted to do in the 90s than bring in/back another failed legacy character.
    Wait, what? Please explain

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Guardians Of The Galaxy Annual #1 - there is an unexpected appearance by an LGBT hero, apparently setting up a future storyline to be picked up in the main book.

Age Of X-Man: Prisoner X #4 - Honey Badger is part of the cast

Black Cat #1 - This will be Felicia's first ongoing solo book. Fingers crossed that it will acknowledge her bisexuality.

War Of The Realms #5 - Angela has a cameo appearance

Journey Into Mystery #4 - Rawhide Kid has a cameo, wrapping up the loose threads from his (and the other Western hero ghosts) appearance last issue.

Deadpool #13 - a WOTR tie-in

I think that's it for actual LGBT content, but there are some honourable mentions...

Iron Man #12 - Gail Simone is filling in for Dan Slott on this WOTR tie-in arc. Tony's new droid mistakenly thinks that Tony and Rhodey are a couple, and remains convinced of it despite Tony's attempts to tell it otherwise.

And we've got a bunch of opposite gender body-swapping going on. Marvel Team-Up #3 concludes an arc where Spider-Man and Ms. Marvel swapped bodies, and Captain Marvel #6 kicks off a two-parter where Carol and Dr. Strange have swapped bodies.

And among the trade paperbacks released this week there was DAREDEVIL EPIC COLLECTION: "Purgatory & Paradise". This collection includes the arc with one of Marvel's first transgender characters, the villain known as Sir. Sir is not exactly a positive portrayal, since Sir was a woman who transformed her body into a masculine form because of an extreme hatred and disdain for anything feminine. Still, the character is noteworthy as one of the first cases of a character in a Marvel comic of someone intentionally changing their gender through surgical and pharmaceutical means, rather than a magic body change, like when Sasquatch became a woman.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    But why?

Because you shouldn't throw a character away that has potential. She was cool but was too wrapped up in being a weapon in Spencer's run that she didn't get a chance to be anything else. also her coming back isn't stopping Wendell from being bi. also also more lesbians.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:
    Black Cat #1 - This will be Felicia's first ongoing solo book. Fingers crossed that it will acknowledge her bisexuality.
    Jed MacKay has said that he has read the Kevin Smith run when asked if Felicia's Bisexuality has been noted. Here's hoping!