View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1096 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 96596996104610861092109310941095109610971098109911001106 ... LastLast
Results 16,426 to 16,440 of 16973
    Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

https://twitter.com/MarvelUnlimited/...68521810661376

Saw this posted on the X-Boards by juan678; seemed appropriate to post it here, too. ;D

Quote Originally Posted by GraysonXIV View Post
    Does anyone know which of the variants for Marvel Voices Pride is the incentive variant? (Or how I could figure this out?)
    According to eBay, it's this one:

Marvels Voices Pride 1 1:100 Rainbow Variant Incentive Variant PRE-SALE 6/23:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/174785276515

Actually, that might just be the 2021 one... sorry, I was confused because it said "Presale."
    Last edited by Starleafgirl; 06-02-2022 at 10:51 AM.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Black Panther #6 - Aneka and Ayo (the Midnight Angels) appeared

Knights Of X #2 - multiple LGBT characters in this cast. There was an interaction or two where it seemed like Sherrif Whitechapel might be flirting with Betsy a bit, but its too soon to say.

X-Men '92: House Of XCII #2 - alternate reality versions of multiple LGBT X-characters appearing here, including Iceman, Northstar, Mystique, Shatterstar, Rictor.

Iceman Infinity Comic #1 of 4 - the launch of a 4 issue digital miniseries starring Iceman, written and drawn by Vecchio. I expect this will likely get a print release as well, like the HULKLING & WICCAN one is -- probably with the Iceman New Year's Eve special bundled in with it too.

And for the start of Pride month, Marvel has also announced a bunch of new Pride-themed Marvel t-shirts for sale...although I have not been able to find most of those designs listed yet at the link they provided.

Has anyone here read Angela: Asgard's Assassin and Angela: Queen of Hel? I've been looking into reading more queer Marvel stories and was wondering if they were worthwhile reads.

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Has anyone here read Angela: Asgard's Assassin and Angela: Queen of Hel? I've been looking into reading more queer Marvel stories and was wondering if they were worthwhile reads.
    I've read both of them and I loved the series a lot, and it was those series that made me fall in love with Angela and Sera. It may not be everyone's cup of tea but, it's a pretty fun read and is def worth a look.
    Emma is the opposite of a devourer
    She's A Lifebringer

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I'd recommend both. Also, I'd recommend reading 1602: Witch Hunter Angela. It was a Secret Wars tie-in that came in between Asgard's Assassin and Queen Of Hel, and while it doesn't feature the 616 version of the characters, it does feature a plot point that comes back on the second arc of Queen Of Hel. So it's an interesting bridge material between both volumes.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-05-2022 at 09:56 AM.

Thank you both! Definitely checking them out and I’ll add the Secret Wars tie-in to my buy list!

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'd recommend both. Also, I'd recommend reading 1602: Witch Hunter Angela. It was a Secret Wars tie-in that came in between Asgard's Assassin and Queen Of Hel, and while it doesn't feature the 616 version of the characters, it does feature a plot point that comes back on the second arc of Queen Of Hel. So it's an interesting bridge material between both volumes.
    Wasn't there an Angela in the Secret Wars tie-in for Guardians of the Galaxy? I think it was called Guardians of Nowhere.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Wasn't there an Angela in the Secret Wars tie-in for Guardians of the Galaxy? I think it was called Guardians of Nowhere.
    I don't even remember. I just mentioned Witch Hunter because it was more relevant for her solo book.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Jane Foster & The Mighty Thor #1 of 5 - Runa the Valkyrie co-stars in this, and we see her on a date with a new potential girlfriend.

Legion Of X #2 - Pixie is in the cast

Marauders #3 - Marvel's current gayest team continues their adventure in Shi'ar space

Marvel's Voices: Iceman Infinity Comic #2 of 4 - Bobby's solo mini continues, with appearances by multiple other LGBT characters, including more than one of Bobby's love interests.

Looks like there's finally a gay Spider-Man
    https://twitter.com/steve_foxe/statu...46497373392897
    Homophobes are gonna lose their minds with this character design
    Last edited by Psy-lock; 06-18-2022 at 06:27 AM.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Psy-lock View Post
    Oh! Thanks for sharing the news!!! Yeah, they're def gonna be angry .
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

So this is the Van Dyne one?

Well, it was about time. They look fab. I love how camp the design is, with fake lashes on the mask and all.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    So this is the Van Dyne one?
    Yeah. The other one is supposed to be a Kraven variant, who's clearly the one on top.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 06-18-2022 at 01:09 PM.

Astonishing Member

Well, it was about time. They look fab. I love how camp the design is, with fake lashes on the mask and all.
    Absolutely. I think at some point we need a team-up story with Web-Weaver, Janet Van Dyne and Jumbo Carnation! Superhero fashion designers unite!

Yeah. The other one is supposed to be a Kraven variant, who's clearly the one on top.
    *ahem* Phrasing.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Captain America: Sentinel Of Liberty #1 - Roger Aubrey (aka the 2nd Mighty Destroyer) appears in this first issue of Steve Rogers new ongoing series.

Fantastic Four #44 - a number of LGBT characters are a part of the army of cosmic heroes that Human Torch leads into battle here, but I think Wiccan is the only one who is actually visible on-panel in this issue.

Hulkling & Wiccan #1 - this one-shot is the print collection of the digital Infinity Comic miniseries from last year.

The Marvels #11 - Black Cat is part of the cast

Spider-Man 2099: Exodus #2 - the 2099 version of Loki appears

Wolverine #22 - Deadpool continues to guest star

Marvel's Voices: Iceman Infinity Comic #3

Ben Reilly: Spider-Man #5 of 5 has a somewhat awkward inclusion -- an obscure villain named Sir, who is a sort-of trans character by way of mental illness. Martha was a mentally unbalanced woman who hates women (whom she views as weak due to the abuse and victimization she suffered as a woman) and underwent mad scientist treatments and surgeries to become a massive masculine strong man...although apparently stopped short of a complete sex change. Sir made a handful of appearances in the 90s up against Daredevil and Spider-Man. Given how few trans characters there are in comics even today, its unfortunate that one of Marvel's earliest examples is a case of mental illness rather than a "proper" (for lack of a better word) trans character.