View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 883 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 383783833873879880881882883884885886887893933983 ... LastLast
Results 13,231 to 13,245 of 16972

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Random unrelated question: I can't see anybody's avatar anymore unless I go to their personal page here in the CBR forum. Is anyone else experiencing the same thing? EDIT: Nevermind. Seems like everything is back to normal.

---------------

So, after the news of the cancellation of The Vision, I was looking into some stuff about the artist, Aud Koch, and I found this Tumblr post that seems to suggest she and Chip Zdarsky pitched or at least thought about pitching a Wiccan & Hulkling book to Marvel!!!! I mean, HOW IN THE WORLD I DIDN'T HEAR ABOUT THIS BEFORE? I feel attacked by my own ignorance. Anyway, Aud says that we should e-mail Marvel and ask them about it, and bitch, you can bet that's exactly what I'm doing right now. GIVE THE GAYS WHAT THEY DESERVE, MARVEL!!!
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-14-2018 at 09:54 PM.

I really don't understand why Marvel would leave Wiccan & Hulkling in limbo.

Extraordinary Member

If Marvel just let Wiccan and Hulking get married, they would have more of my money.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    If Marvel just let Wiccan and Hulking get married, they would have more of my money.
    I want them to get married eventually, but I think we still need to see more of their engagement, which hasn't really been explored. I wanna see more of their personal life and how they've been dealing with living together as young adults. Does that strengthen their belief in marriage? Does that make them have doubts? And what if one of them is confident, but the other has doubts? There is so much character development to be explored, and I hope we get to see that before an eventual wedding.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    America has a doll!!! I want this so bad lol.
    LOL, finally!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    Oh well it took Ben and Alicia masters 50 years to get hitched so maybe in 50 years time it might happen for them too!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I want them to get married eventually, but I think we still need to see more of their engagement, which hasn't really been explored. I wanna see more of their personal life and how they've been dealing with living together as young adults. Does that strengthen their belief in marriage? Does that make them have doubts? And what if one of them is confident, but the other has doubts? There is so much character development to be explored, and I hope we get to see that before an eventual wedding.
    Yes, let's see their struggles. I love the drama (but knowing they'll come out in fine condition).

Though, I am a young gay adult who just went through a breakup, so I'm all for them not getting married so soon. Haha.

“Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    Oh well it took Ben and Alicia masters 50 years to get hitched so maybe in 50 years time it might happen for them too!
    Can you imagine? All the gays would be like:

But I like to imagine Billy and Teddy are different from Ben/Alicia, as their relationship is less... rocky (pun non intended). I think they're more of a Reed/Sue couple in terms of stability.

Quote Originally Posted by Strong Girl Daken View Post
    I really don't understand why Marvel would leave Wiccan & Hulkling in limbo.
    It feels like as fans we constantly have to be the ones to keep their memory alive. Like marvel hoped they would slip into obscurity but the fans keep insisting they come back

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Can you imagine? All the gays would be like:

But I like to imagine Billy and Teddy are different from Ben/Alicia, as their relationship is less... rocky (pun non intended). I think they're more of a Reed/Sue couple in terms of stability.
    I would never compare Billy and Teddy's relationship with Reed and Sue. I would find it kinda insulting, because Billy and Teddy has a much healthier relationship than the Richards. After all, Reed was once voted as the worst husband of the Marvel Universe (and well deserved, I can't believe he is still married to Sue. If I was her, I would have jumped to Namor's arms long time ago, he would have treated her much better than Reed).

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I would never compare Billy and Teddy's relationship with Reed and Sue. I would find it kinda insulting, because Billy and Teddy has a much healthier relationship than the Richards. After all, Reed was once voted as the worst husband of the Marvel Universe (and well deserved, I can't believe he is still married to Sue. If I was her, I would have jumped to Namor's arms long time ago, he would have treated her much better than Reed).
    Has Reed been the greatest husband? No. However, it's easy to be the worst when you're the only husband whose managed have a wife for as long as he has. Every other relationship and marriage has come and gone. Also, perhaps it's because they weren't married, but whether it was intended or not, Hank is still the one superhero to domestically abuse his partner. I wouldn't say Reed's been worse than that. Still, a conversation probably best suited for another board since none of those characters are LGBTQ+.

I don't see the rush for Teddy and Billy to get married. They're both relatively young and have been together since their conception, they should at least see some of the world and what else is available to them before they settle down. It'd be a far more interesting story to watch Billy and Teddy part, find out who they really are as individuals, and then come back together.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    It feels like as fans we constantly have to be the ones to keep their memory alive. Like marvel hoped they would slip into obscurity but the fans keep insisting they come back
    I don't think that's true. Marvel has thousands of characters--more than can possibly all be appearing on a regular basis in the finite number of books that they publish. So at any given time, all sorts of fan-favourite characters will be sitting in limbo waiting for a chance to show up. Wiccan and Hulkling are no different in that regard -- there's no reason to think Marvel is ignoring them or wanting them to slip into obscurity.

On the contrary, Wiccan and Hulkling have been main characters in every incarnation of the YOUNG AVENGERS to date...unlike Iron Lad, Patriot, Teen Vision, Stature and Speed. The two of them were also regulars in Ewing's NEW AVENGERS series. And an alternate future version of Wiccan was also part of the cast of DR. STRANGE AND THE SORCERORS SUPREME. Marvel definitely has not been ignoring or neglecting them, even if we have not seen as much of them as we'd like lately.

That said, I would certainly love for the two of them to have something new announced in the next round of solicits. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I wasn't really comparing the quality of the relationship, more like the status as an ''endgame'' couple. Billy/Teddy is just that kind of couple that everyone expects to be together in the end no matter what, and that also can be said about Reed/Sue.

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    I don't see the rush for Teddy and Billy to get married. They're both relatively young and have been together since their conception, they should at least see some of the world and what else is available to them before they settle down. It'd be a far more interesting story to watch Billy and Teddy part, find out who they really are as individuals, and then come back together.
    I'd be ok with that. Like I said, I want some character development for the two of them before they get married, and that includes individual character development too. They have more than enough backstory and family connections to make for interesting solo stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That said, I would certainly love for the two of them to have something new announced in the next round of solicits. lol.
    You know, I've been feeling really torn about something being announced for them lately, because while I would obviously love and support that, Marvel has been hellbent on publishing minis, and I think they deserve a shot at an ongoing. So I'm kinda wishing they will only announce something for them once the mini fever is over. I know a mini is better than nothing and a Billy/Teddy specific book would likely not last very long in today's market, but I take a maxi-series over a mini if it means we can get a couple more issues with them. I mean, Kate Bishop got 16 issues of her own, so between Billy and Teddy possibly getting around that number or the usual 4/5/6 issues that minis have to offer, it's a no-brainer to me. Or they should try something with them on their new digital line, which will completely skip over floppy sales and focus on the digital + trade market. C/D-list books have the potential to last longer under that format.

Of course, they could always pop up in a team book again... but my selfish self wants them to have something of their own after being ignored for 2 years. lol
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-17-2018 at 10:41 PM.

So, according to Iceman #4's solicitation, we're having a Mutant Pride Parade in the MU, and I'm surprised it took this long for someone to come up with this metaphor.

Also, I noticed that The Unstoppable Wasp stopped being solicited as a mini (and the writer confirmed it was an ongoing), but Iceman didn't get the same privilege, even though both books were brought back at the same time for allegedly the same reasons, so that's a bummer.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-19-2018 at 10:10 AM.