View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1030 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 305309309801020102610271028102910301031103210331034104010801130 ... LastLast
Results 15,436 to 15,450 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I am a bit bothered by the timing of this.

spoilers:
    I wish it had happened before she went through the Resurrection Protocols. The recent Cyclops/Wolverine teasing also started after they were resurrected, and its possible that the recent fluidity of sexuality for the mutant characters may be revealed to be linked to the resurrections somehow--in which case it could all get wiped away eventually.

Kitty being bi has lots of groundwork going back decades due to Claremont, so this reveal could be entirely legitimate--I just wish it happened pre-resurrection.
    end of spoilers
    For that other thing: unless there was some "ship teasing" I've missed, V-type polyamorous relationships exist.

And, no, the fact that she is in a relationship with both of them doesn't constitute "teasing".

Quote Originally Posted by djoki96 View Post
    For that other thing: unless there was some "ship teasing" I've missed, V-type polyamorous relationships exist.

And, no, the fact that she is in a relationship with both of them doesn't constitute "teasing".
    Well, there's no confirmation of Scott/Logan being a part of it, but there's no denial either. We see the three of them together, Logan lives in the same house as them and is considered part of the family... I'd say it's pretty ambigous, but if anything there's definetely a threesome kind of thing rather than only Jean with either Scott or Logan separately(meanwhile, Scott/Emma seems to be happening separately), but M/F/M threesomes without the guys sexually interacting are still a thing after all.

I would say there's definetely some things/scenes that would count as "teasing". And Hickman and co definetely know fans would see it like that. In fact JDW said on an interview that everyone can "read with the interpretation that their ship is happening". Which kinda sounds like it will never be made explicit, but definetely leans towards intentional subtext.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, there's no confirmation of Scott/Logan being a part of it, but there's no denial either. We see the three of them together, Logan lives in the same house as them and is considered part of the family... I'd say it's pretty ambigous, but if anything there's definetely a threesome kind of thing rather than only Jean with either Scott or Logan separately(meanwhile, Scott/Emma seems to be happening separately), but M/F/M threesomes without the guys sexually interacting are still a thing after all.

I would say there's definetely some things/scenes that would count as "teasing". And Hickman and co definetely know fans would see it like that. In fact JDW said on an interview that everyone can "read with the interpretation that their ship is happening". Which kinda sounds like it will never be made explicit, but definetely leans towards intentional subtext.
    Exactly. Probably the most notable example so far was the scene with Scott inviting Logan to join them on a trip to the beach, and commenting that Logan would get to see him in a speedo, and Logan saying "can't miss that". Its not definitive, of course--but it is certainly suggestive. One could argue that it is just two guys joking around...and sure, there are straight guys that jokingly flirt with each other. But Cyclops and Wolverine? Does that sort of joking sound like something either of them would do--especially with each other? Whether Hickman actually intends for them to be involved with each other as well as with Jean is unclear--but he is very definitely trying to tease the possibility of it.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Avengers: Empyre Aftermath - Hulkling steps up into his king role here, and we finally get the big wedding reception for him and Billy. Plenty of other LGBT attendees at the party, including America Chavez, Alloy, Speed, Prodigy, Fuse, Marvel Boy, Hercules, Toni Ho, Pod, etc. We finally got a moment between Teddy and Carol Danvers discussing Mar-Vell...but oddly we did not see any direct interaction between Billy and either Wanda or Vision, both of whom were in attendance.

Fantastic Four: Empyre Fallout - Hulkling has a smaller (but still important) role in this as well.

Magnificent Ms Marvel #14 - Zoe Zimmer makes an appearance

Marauders #12 - This thread has already discussed the one big LGBT development in this issue, but we also have appearances by Iceman, Christian Frost, Shinobi Shaw and Mystique, as well as an off-panel appearance in the form of a text page from Jumbo Carnation. Christian and Shinobi were awfully close at that party--which reinforces the little bit in X-FORCE a few issues back hinting that they may be involved.

X-Factor #3 - In addition to the various LGBT characters already in the book, we get a Shatterstar guest appearance and a few other cameos.

X-Force #12 - background cameos for a few LGBT mutants like Karma and Bling!

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I'm back once again with more news about rumours of LGBT characters being introduced into the MCU. This time there's a new rumour that Harry Styles is going to be in an upcoming Marvel movie and some people speculated he might secretly be playing Eros/Starfox in Eternals. Now for starters take the rumour about him being in a Marvel movie at all with a heap of salt but I wanted to pose a question in this thread. Harry has been accused in the past of queerbaiting so how would you feel if he really was playing a bi/pan character in the MCU?

Also on a completely unrelated note I just wanted to vent that that one troll in the Empyre thread is so f***ing annoying and someone seriously needs to tell them to sit their ass down and shut the f*** up.

I'm already back with new news. It was just revealed that Jonathan Majors from Lovecraft Country has been cast in the next Ant-Man movie and allegedly he's playing Kang. This supports the rumours that the third Ant-Man movie is going to feature the Young Avengers and set them up for their own movie.

https://deadline.com/2020/09/jonatha...se-1203028234/

So it look like the rumours of all the Disney+ shows introducing the members of the Young Avengers (other than Stature) is likely true.
    - Falcon & The Winter Soldier: Patriot
    - WandaVision: Wiccan & Hulkling, Speed
    - Loki: Iron-Lad
    - Hawkeye: Kate Bishop (although oviously this was already confirmed)
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 09-14-2020 at 10:22 AM.

Jonathan Majors as Kang sounds pretty cool

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Jonathan Majors as Kang sounds pretty cool
    Kind of reminds me of how they had Jonathan Adams playing him in EMH.

I'm now even more sad that I'm missing-out on Lovecraft Country, lol.

But overall this casting news and it's implications for the Young Avengers in the MCU has me hyped.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Kind of reminds me of how they had Jonathan Adams playing him in EMH.
    I love that EMH performance of Kang.
    It’s how I picture Kang now when reading the comics.

Edit: why are we discussing Kang in the LGBTQ thread?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 09-14-2020 at 11:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Same here .

(Kang in Assemble was such a disappointment).

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

Edit: why are we discussing Kang in the LGBTQ thread?
    Not for Kang himself, I think, but because of the credence that his presence gives to a lot of rumors about possible appearances by the Young Avengers, and we all know that most of the team is queer at this point!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I'm back once again with more news about rumours of LGBT characters being introduced into the MCU. This time there's a new rumour that Harry Styles is going to be in an upcoming Marvel movie and some people speculated he might secretly be playing Eros/Starfox in Eternals. Now for starters take the rumour about him being in a Marvel movie at all with a heap of salt but I wanted to pose a question in this thread. Harry has been accused in the past of queerbaiting so how would you feel if he really was playing a bi/pan character in the MCU?
    Harry Styles as Starfox would be.... something. I don't know how he fares as an actor, so I don't really have any opinion on him scoring a Marvel role. I haven't heard anything about that from reliable sources, though. Might be one of those random WGTC stories.

As for the queerbaiting stuff... I have a lot of issues with people accusing him of that, because it basically stems from people pressuring him into labeling himself. Like, he can dress in a pretty gender non-conforming way, or he kisses guys and waves rainbow flags and stuff like that, BUT he's never openly said ''I'm bi'' or anything like that, so some people think it's not valid for him to be queer unless he does that, which I think it's unfair. I mean, he's openly said ''being female'' is not important when looking for a partner, and also has a song about oral sex on a guy that also mentions how he messes around with both girls and guys, so.... I'm not sure why people need to hear ''I'm bi'' coming out of his mouth to validate his queerness. Just let people be.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 09-14-2020 at 11:27 PM.

I really don’t get Harry’s appeal. I’m sure he’s a nice guy but remember when they almost cast him as prince Eric in the little mermaid?

He’s just a guy

Extraordinary Member

Has it been said in comics that Starfox is queer? Was it said he’s pan or bi?