View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1000 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 50090095099099699799899910001001100210031004101010501100 ... LastLast
Results 14,986 to 15,000 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...era-exclusive/

Now they're saying Sera will appear on Loki. I have no idea where all of those casting news are coming from, but gosh, I really hope they're true. Those Disney+ shows have so much potential for good representation.
    I thought Sera had a better chance of showing up in Love and Thunder, to be honest...but I guess Disney+ will have a little more leeway with representation.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Well, I feel like at least one of them has to be fake...
    I think the casting calls may not necessarily be fake, but their guess as to which character the calls refer to may not be right. Like with the America Chavez news, all I could tell from the casting description is that they were looking for a teenage hispanic girl for a lead supporting role. How exactly did they get to the conclusion that it was America, specifically? 'Cause the way they worded the news, they didn't even seem 100% sure it was her, but then every website was reporting her allegedly coming to the MCU because they mentioned her. These things have a way of becoming a snowball and giving fans the wrong expectations...

I think the casting calls may not necessarily be fake, but their guess as to which character the calls refer to may not be right. Like with the America Chavez news, all I could tell from the casting description is that they were looking for a teenage hispanic girl for a lead supporting role. How exactly did they get to the conclusion that it was America, specifically? 'Cause the way they worded the news, they didn't even seem 100% sure it was her, but then every website was reporting her allegedly coming to the MCU because they mentioned her. These things have a way of becoming a snowball and giving fans the wrong expectations...
    Well, yeah, there's a chance that the girl from the casting call isn't even America... But I also feel like it's more likely that a vague casting call for a hispanic girl is real, and that it'll end up being America, while those rumors that specifically say "We got news that Sera is coming to the MCU!" feel more like they're made up?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

https://www.theilluminerdi.com/2020/...era-exclusive/

Now they're saying Sera will appear on Loki. I have no idea where all of those casting news are coming from, but gosh, I really hope they're true. Those Disney+ shows have so much potential for good representation.
    Would she fit there? Would they just replace Angela with female Loki?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Well, yeah, there's a chance that the girl from the casting call isn't even America... But I also feel like it's more likely that a vague casting call for a hispanic girl is real, and that it'll end up being America, while those rumors that specifically say "We got news that Sera is coming to the MCU!" feel more like they're made up?
    I don't think they just randomly think Sera will show up for no reason. I do believe they are basing this on something. It's not the first time we hear about a trans character possibly coming to the MCU; The GWW reported that there was a casting call for a trans actress last year (and they even theorized it could be Sera), and it would be for something shooting this year. I think it's possible this casting call has resurfaced for Loki, and it's what Illuminerdi is reporting now, maybe making the same guess about the role. There aren't many trans characters in Marvel lore, so I think it's easier to jump to the conclusion that it's Sera.

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Would she fit there? Would they just replace Angela with female Loki?
    I don't see why they would replace Angela. If Sera is there, I think it's likely Angela will be too. Unless they plan on completely changing the character, you can't have Sera without Angela. Their backstories are way too connected to each other. Angela is the entire reason why Sera was able to transition to female.

The biggest problem for Angela is that Hela kinda stole her plot on Ragnarok... Are they really gonna say Odin has ANOTHER secret daughter?

The biggest problem for Angela is that Hela kinda stole her plot on Ragnarok... Are they really gonna say Odin has ANOTHER secret daughter?
    I wouldn't be too shocked if Odin had had more children we don't know about. After all, we never saw Balder or Tyr in the MCU. Maybe the Loki series is meant to expand the family tree. Or maybe they're just changing her origins. I think she could work not being Odin's daughter, as long as they keep her backstory of being raised in Heven as an angel.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Doesnt Angela have rights issues around being on film/TV still?

I really would just expect to see Angela and Female Loki swapped around if Sera is going to be used. MCU is all about streamlining
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Doesnt Angela have rights issues around being on film/TV still?

I really would just expect to see Angela and Female Loki swapped around if Sera is going to be used. MCU is all about streamlining
    Angela was used in the Guardians Of The Galaxy cartoon a while back, so no, I don't think there are any rights issues with her appearing outside of comics. Marvel owns the character completely, as far as we know. I mean, what would Todd McFarlane even do? Go to another legal fight over her rights, but this time with freaking Disney? There's no way this would end well for him. He already lost once; I don't see why he would feel the need to beat this dead horse.

And I still don't understand the point of Lady Loki replacing Angela. These characters are not interchangeable at all. If they just want to give Loki a female love interest in the show, there are options that feel a lot more appropriate and less random than Sera, like Leah or Verity; charactes who share an actual deep and meaningful bond with Loki in the comics, unlike Sera. If she's in the show, my money is still on Angela being involved somehow.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 01-31-2020 at 09:59 PM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I'm surprised that no one has commented on this being the thread's 1000th page.

As for all the rumours of different LGBT characters coming to the Disney+ shows, it doesn't surprise me because it's always been safer to put LGBT characters on tv but not the movies. When the Disney+ series were first announced I was hoping we'd finally start seeing some good LGBT rep on these shows that Disney/Marvel is too scared to put in the movies. I'm hoping Frenchie will be openly gay on the Moon Knight series.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post

Whoa...it just dawn on me. Bobby was a twink. lol
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

Atlantis Attacks #1 of 5 - Giant-Man and Issac both appear in this issue, but only briefly.

Excalibur #6 - in addition to our regular appeal of having Rictor and Betsy in the cast, this issue also had a brief appearance of naked Gam-butt.

Fantastic Four #18 - We're still on Spyre, with The Unparalleled and lesbian couple Kor and Kaylo.

Guardians Of The Galaxy #1 - the first issue of the Al Ewing run, with Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr) and the new Moondragon and Phyla on the roster.

Marauders #6

Ruins Of Ravencroft: Dracula - Dracula was outed as bisexual last year.

And there was also a noteworthy TPB released - X-Statix Complete Collection vol.1

Anything else?
    Ravencroft #1 - D-Man

Edit: Sorry.... Wrong week... my mistake...
    Last edited by ETMike1988; 02-01-2020 at 10:57 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ETMike1988 View Post
    Ravencroft #1 - D-Man

Edit: Sorry.... Wrong week... my mistake...
    No worries. I was aware of that one though, and will be including it when I post this week's list later today or tomorrow.

But thanks for the help. I can't catch everything so I definitely appreciate when you guys let me know about other ones. D-Man's role in this book was a welcome surprise, and I look forward to seeing more of it eventually (I am trade-waiting for that mini).

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    I'm surprised that no one has commented on this being the thread's 1000th page.

As for all the rumours of different LGBT characters coming to the Disney+ shows, it doesn't surprise me because it's always been safer to put LGBT characters on tv but not the movies. When the Disney+ series were first announced I was hoping we'd finally start seeing some good LGBT rep on these shows that Disney/Marvel is too scared to put in the movies. I'm hoping Frenchie will be openly gay on the Moon Knight series.
    It's pretty much my expectation as well. I guess Eternals could change my mind depending on how the gay rep there goes, but so far I am much more confident about Disney+, not only because it's TV, but also because it's a streaming service, which usually gives you the kind of creative liberty you don't get in more traditional platforms. Like, I think the gayness from the first season of the High School Musical show would've definitely been toned down if it was on Disney Channel instead.

And if you think about it, pretty much every single live action show they've announced for Disney+ could offer some potential representation.

Loki has, well, Loki, besides the potential to see other characters like Leah (if they take any inspiration from her current version in the comics, who is queer), and maybe even Hela (who's currently married to another woman in the comics). With the report about Sera, then that opens up even more options, with Angela possibly appearing as well.

Ms. Marvel will likely have Zoe in the supporting cast, not to mention Mike having gay parents.

Moon Knight has Frenchie, as you said. (And I hope they explore his feelings for Marc more than the comics did)

WandaVision will likely introduce Wiccan, or at least a version of the character that can later become Wiccan. Not to mention the report about Teddy appearing, which I definitely don't think it's a coincidence if Billy is also being set up with this show.

The Falcon And The Winter Soldier.... the show seems to be a mixed bag of different comic book runs, but they COULD use D-Man if they take inspiration from Nick Spencer's Captain America run. And if they want to recreate that moment when Sam!Cap was in a Pride Parade... I wouldn't complain.

Hawkeye could introduce some supporting queer characters through Kate Bishop if they plan on doing any of her LA stuff, like her neighbors from the Fraction run, Ramone (and maybe Johnny) Watts from the Thompson run...

She-Hulk also has a long history of supporting LGBTQ characters...

With so many possibilities, I would be legitimately shocked if nothing comes out of any of those shows. Disney/Marvel would have to be really dumb (or LGBTQphobic) to not take the chance.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-02-2020 at 06:38 PM.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

There were a number of pleasant surprises among this past week's new releases....

Daily Bugle #1 of 5 - Koi Boi makes his first post-SQUIRREL GIRL appearance here, and his first appearance to date where he's not alongside Squirrel Girl or Chipmunk Hunk!

Captain America #18 - Toni Ho appears along with the other Daughters Of Liberty

Captain Marvel: The End - Fuse makes an appearance in this story, and Dani Cage is shown to be married to the daughter of Danny Rand.

Deadpool: The End - Wade and Iceman hook up here, and although some will still use the fact that this is a "The End" not-regular-continuity possible future one-shot to dismiss it, it is still very significant as the most explicit on-panel confirmation of Wade's pansexuality that has yet to appear. Its been confirmed repeatedly in interviews and social media posts by various writers, but this is the most direct and indisputable the on-panel evidence has ever been thus far.

Fallen Angels #6 - Bling! is part of the cast

Ravencroft #1 of 5 - D-Man is part of the cast of this miniseries. He's now got a job as a security guard at Ravencroft. I'm not sure if he's got his super-strength back yet or not (he was depowered in the LOCKJAW miniseries last year)

Tarot #2 - Valkyrie (Brunhilde) is part of the cast of this mini

I think that covers anything - but please, let me know if I missed anything!