View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
764. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

27 3.53%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.57%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

20 2.62%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

44 5.76%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

41 5.37%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

41 5.37%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

43 5.63%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

66 8.64%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

39 5.10%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

112 14.66%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

60 7.85%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

21 2.75%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

38 4.97%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

47 6.15%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

153 20.03%
Page 1002 of 1014 FirstFirst ... 250290295299299899910001001100210031004100510061012 ... LastLast
Results 15,016 to 15,030 of 15203
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Kelly Thompson apologized for that on Twitter and said it was a coloring mistake. Apparently, she tried to get it fixed once she noticed it, but there was no time because of the deadline.
    Unfortunate, but at least that explains that. Thanks for sharing.

So, do you all remember that whole thing about trans actress Angelica Ross possibly being up for a Marvel role? Charles Murphy is reporting that it was for Loki:

https://www.murphysmultiverse.com/wh...s-week-loki-2/

Now here's the interesting thing: Murphy says it was apparently for a role that could be played by either a man or a woman. Do we think Marvel would consider a trans man to play a trans female character? 'Cause that could... lead to some mixed reactions, to say the least. That makes me wonder if the role was really for Sera or some other character. I think it's possible they were casting for someone who's on the non-binary spectrum of things, which is why the gender of the actor was irrelevant.
    If Angelica was playing Sera, that would be a trans female playing a trans female? Both identify as female after being biologically born male. There’s no need for mixed reactions with that.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Husk View Post
    If Angelica was playing Sera, that would be a trans female playing a trans female? Both identify as female after being biologically born male. There’s no need for mixed reactions with that.
    That's not my point. What I'm saying is that the report said the role Angelica was running for was described as a character that could be played by BOTH male and female actors. That means that they were considering male actors for the part as well, and a male actor might've gotten it. So, based on that, I'm asking: if the role was blindcast based on gender, then what are the odds that it was supposed to be Sera, after all? Wouldn't it be more likely that they would ONLY cast for females if it was her?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

That's not my point. What I'm saying is that the report said the role Angelica was running for was described as a character that could be played by BOTH male and female actors. That means that they were considering male actors for the part as well, and a male actor might've gotten it. So, based on that, I'm asking: if the role was blindcast based on gender, then what are the odds that it was supposed to be Sera, after all? Wouldn't it be more likely that they would ONLY cast for females if it was her?
    They could have also been looking at biologically born females, who identify as male, but are willing to act as a female for the role
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    They could have also been looking at biologically born females, who identify as male, but are willing to act as a female for the role
    I'm aware, which is why I asked if we think Marvel would consider a trans man to play a trans female character. It's a controversial choice, 'cause not only it could be seen as an opportunity being taken away from a female actress, but also it could also send the wrong message when you hire a trans man and give him a role that is essentially female; like perhaps you're not taking his identity seriously. If Sera was a character who socially presented herself as ''male'' in the comics, maybe I could understand it, but the character spent the vast majority of her time in the comics with a female-presenting form... so why exactly would they consider a man, cis or trans, for the role? Just to make them dress as female? It's a weird choice... which is why I'm wondering if the character might end up being a GNC type of character (like Cloud or Xavin) instead of a trans character. If the character presents themself as both male and female, it makes more sense to blindcast based on gender.

The One Above All 616MarvelYear is LeapYear's Avatar

Representation in the Marvel Cinematic Universe
    Imperius Rex!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/.../74396-9Bk.jpg
    It's clobberin' time! Hulk is strongest one there is! Have at thee!
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-51Bk.jpg
    I'm the best there is at what I do, but what I do best isn't very nice.
    http://www.tradingcarddb.com/Images/...74396-43Bk.jpg

Mighty Member

The Week In Gay:

Black Cat #9 - Kris Anka provides the art of this issue.

Dr. Doom #5 - Amy Chen (of Silver Sable's Wild Pack) appears again in this issue.

Magnificent Ms. Marvel #12 - Zoe appears

Marauders #7 - Marvel's current gayest series officially confirms the Iceman/Christan Frost relationship here (although it was very strongly implied a few issues ago anyway). The relationship remains undefined though - since we've seen Bobby flirting and making out with other guys in earlier issues, its possible these two aren't an exclusive item. Jumbo Carnation also gets a fun on-panel appearance.

Strikeforce #6 - Wiccan uses his precognitive power and Satana gets a cameo in his vision - hopefully teasing a return appearance. Also Daimon Hellstrom is at least implied to be bisexual here.

X-Men/Fantastic Four #1 - Iceman is one of the X-Men who appears here

Anything I missed?

For the wait-for-trade crowd there is the Agents Of Atlas trade paperback for the recent miniseries that added Giant-Man to the cast. I am one of the wait-for-trade crowd on that one, so I am looking forward to reading it!

Anyone know what the best Wiccan/Hulking or just Wiccan read is? I just finished Young Avengers vol 2 in like two hours. Great book. Need more.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Anyone know what the best Wiccan/Hulking or just Wiccan read is? I just finished Young Avengers vol 2 in like two hours. Great book. Need more.
    Well, vol 1 of Young Avengers and Avengers Children's Crusade if you haven't read those before vol 2.

After that, New Avengers by Al Ewing, Death's Head mini by Tini Howard and the current Strikeforce is pretty much everything...

https://twitter.com/LucianoVecchio/s...07571208032257

Not sure what exactly that means, but it sounds like Luciano Vecchio is working on some queer-themed story for Marvel Voices #1.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Ok, so there's a rumour that Marvel/Disney is planning a "Secret Invasion" tv series for Disney+ that will involve S.W.O.R.D. and the Kree and Skrulls that will lead into Captain Marvel 2 the same way WandaVision is leading into Doctor Strange 2.

If this rumour is true and that rumour about Teddy showing up in WandaVision as a refugee under S.W.O.R.D.'s protection is also true, then I'm guessing that this Secret Invasion show is where Billy and Teddy's relationship is going to develop. Because if it is true that WandaVision is going to have both Billy and Teddy in it then I'm pretty sure that they're just going to meet towards the end, because this show is obviously going to focus on Wanda and Vision and it sounds like anything involving Billy as a teen and the possibility of introducing Teddy will be at the end of the season.
    Last edited by MasterOfMagnetism; 02-11-2020 at 05:54 PM.

Fantastic Member

Just came here to give a shout out to Mystique! She's been horribly written for years but now, seeing her motivation for Irene, is making me root for her against X and Magneto.

I really really hope they are adapted into the MCU together. As someone who hated JLaws Mystique, I want nothing more than a retry for her character.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Just came here to give a shout out to Mystique! She's been horribly written for years but now, seeing her motivation for Irene, is making me root for her against X and Magneto.
    what exactly are you hoping X and Magneto lose in favor of Mystique? jw
    GrindrStone(D)

https://twitter.com/LucianoVecchio/s...07571208032257

Not sure what exactly that means, but it sounds like Luciano Vecchio is working on some queer-themed story for Marvel Voices #1.
    Supposedly there's going to be a Striker story in it so maybe that.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Supposedly there's going to be a Striker story in it so maybe that.
    Really?! That's awesome! I've been waiting for someone to do something with Striker--he's been the most underused core cast member from AVENGERS ACADEMY since the book ended (apart from Veil, of course -- but she was depowered and left the superhero life behind so she doesn't exactly count).