View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 1005 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 5505905955995100110021003100410051006100710081009101510551105 ... LastLast
Results 15,061 to 15,075 of 16966

Not a fan of most of those redesigns on that team, to be honest.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I like Daken's look, but there's something about the way his face is drawn that's been bothering me on the released artwork so far. I guess it's the way they made him look so much like Logan, maybe? I prefer when artists highlight his asian features more.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Agents Of Wakanda #6 - Deadpool guest starred

Excalibur #7 - in addition to the usual LGBT characters in this book, Cullen Bloodstone also begins a guest starring stint here. It seems like Cullen has embraced his family estate and heritage since last we saw him...

Hawkeye: Freefall #3 - Aimee (one of the residents of Hawkeye's building, from the Matt Fraction run) makes a cameo appearance here. We also end up with a couple of amusing pages of naked Clint Barton (LMD Clint anyway)

Immortal HUlk #31 - I get this book in trade format, so I don't know the details but I hear that supporting character Dr. Charlene McGowan is implied to be transgender in this issue (and that Al Ewing has confirmed that is the case and that future issues will explore it further)

Iron Man 2020 #2 - Machinesmith has a larger role in this issue than he had in #1

X-Men #6 - Mystique has a central role to this issue and Destiny appears in flashbacks.

No LGBT content in-story as of yet, but Vita Ayala's Nebula #1 was a great start to the miniseries! Nebula has long been one of my favourite villains.

And a quick mention of a book I missed a few weeks back. Amazing Spider-Man #38 had a Machinesmith cameo appearance.

McGowan is more than implied. She has a mug with a Captain America Shield in trans colors

And in a flashback she talks about making her own HRT at her job and how they could sell some to make a profit

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Living Lightning barely felt like he got used at all, as it is, in No Surrender, which was disappointing.
    Really? I kinda thought he was the star of the book as much as there could be one with a cast that size.
    “The Avengers have been the one point of stability in my entire life. And if The Avengers call… then The Scarlet Witch will always answer.”

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by ARkadelphia View Post
    Really? I kinda thought he was the star of the book as much as there could be one with a cast that size.
    I guess I don't remember it that well, it seemed like it was Voyager, Quicksilver and Hercules-heavy, to me, but I may have been out of my mind on medication that season.

That was a weird mischaracterization of Cullen in Excalibur. He's never acted like that before. Nor has he ever been that old.

I'm.. Yeah, I don't like it.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    That was a weird mischaracterization of Cullen in Excalibur. He's never acted like that before. Nor has he ever been that old.

I don't think he's really that much older than he was the last time we've seen him. He's acting a bit more mature (in some ways), perhaps, but that's not exactly the same thing.

He is, however, definitely acting a bit darker. But even that isn't out of nowhere. The guy has a demon inside him, after all. We saw in AVENGERS UNDERCOVER that he was struggling with the dark side a bit, so its not out of the question to think that as time's gone by that he might not start to lean a little more to the dark side. We've seen similar issues with Daimon Hellstorm as well, who has swung back and forth between hero, villain and everything inbetween.

I'm not sure exactly how I feel about this new version of Bloodstone yet, but I don't think its out of line from what's already been established. Its just altered his trajectory a bit from the path he was on when last we saw him.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post

What was he in Arena/Undercover - 16? Here, he is anything from 18 given we see him drinking in a bar.

I dunno that his age is that easy to place given nothing is made explicit. I agree he is completely out of character though. The hunting stuff and the embracing of his money/status is just so far away from the sullen Cullen rebel we saw before. Though granted, I am sure plenty of spoilt rich kids rebel as teens before becoming typical toffs.

I still dislike what this book has done to Brian, so it butchering another UK based character is just typical at this point.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Extraordinary Member

Here is another eternals thread and more phastos talk.
    THE ETERNALS GENERAL DISSCUSSION AND SPECULATION THREAD
    https://forums.superherohype.com/thr...545479/page-56

Marvel Voices has a 1 page story featuring Striker, Wiccan, Hulkling, Karma, Nocturne, Flatman, Moondragon, Phyla-Vell, Cullen Bloodstone, Nico Minoru, Karolina Dean, Miss America, Angela, Sera, Iceman, Lightspeed, Northstar, Koi Boi, Anole, Bling!, Living Lightning, D-Man, Graymalkin, Prodigy, Daken, Shatterstar, Rictor, Lady Loki, Viv Vision, Alloy, Giant-Man, Darkveil, Pod II, Tong, Glory, Pyro II, Swain and 4 others i don't recognize.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Marvel Voices has a 1 page story featuring Striker, Wiccan, Hulkling, Karma, Nocturne, Flatman, Moondragon, Phyla-Vell, Cullen Bloodstone, Nico Minoru, Karolina Dean, Miss America, Angela, Sera, Iceman, Lightspeed, Northstar, Koi Boi, Anole, Bling!, Living Lightning, D-Man, Graymalkin, Prodigy, Daken, Shatterstar, Rictor, Lady Loki, Viv Vision, Alloy, Giant-Man, Darkveil, Pod II, Tong, Glory, Pyro II, Swain and 4 others i don't recognize.
    I was hoping it was gonna be a bit longer, but it was a nice page. The context for all the queer heroes gathering was actually quite obvious and I feel dumb I didn't see it coming. lol

Nocturne (Angela Cairn)... so that's who that character was. It was the only one I couldn't figure out. So what's her queer-related story? Looked up her page on Marvel Fandom but didn't find anything specifically about that. Quite an obscure character to dug up!

I love how Luciano just said **** current canon and wrote/draw Serangela together. As they should be!

It was nice seeing miss Shade/Darkveil again (I wonder if Sina's gonna say anything about it). The pictures that America and her were holding were such a nice touch. And the fact that Stonewall (I think that's one of the heroes you didn't recognize) was literally in between them in that panel was also a pretty clever easter-egg.

And of course, I loved Billy and Teddy being front and center on that parade. I accept nothing but flagship gay couple status!
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 02-19-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I was hoping it was gonna be a bit longer, but it was a nice page. The context for all the queer heroes gathering was actually quite obvious and I feel dumb I didn't see it coming. lol

Nocturne (Angela Cairn)... so that's who that character was. It was the only one I couldn't figure out. So what's her queer-related story? Looked up her page on Marvel Fandom but didn't find anything specifically about that. Quite an obscure character to dug up!

I love how Luciano just said **** current canon and wrote/draw Serangela together. As they should be!

It was nice seeing miss Shade/Darkveil again (I wonder if Sina's gonna say anything about it). The pictures that America and her were holding were such a nice touch. And the fact that Stonewall (I think that's one of the heroes you didn't recognize) was literally in between them in that panel was also a pretty clever easter-egg.

And of course, I loved Billy and Teddy being front and center on that parade. I accept nothing but flagship gay couple status!
    Your correct Stonewall was one of the four i didn't know the others being the flyer between Viv Vison and Daken and the 2 on the left end of the botton pic by Prodigy. I was unaware of Nocturne's status as well but did recognize her.

I don't recall Stonewall being queer but it's been a long time since I read Secret Warriors

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    Your correct Stonewall was one of the four i didn't know the others being the flyer between Viv Vison and Daken and the 2 on the left end of the botton pic by Prodigy. I was unaware of Nocturne's status as well but did recognize her.
    Bottom left beside Prodigy are Morph and Hindsight from the recent Generation X

Flyer between Viv and Daken is Telekinian. Patsy Walker's Inhuman roommate

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    I don't recall Stonewall being queer but it's been a long time since I read Secret Warriors

Bottom left beside Prodigy are Morph and Hindsight from the recent Generation X

Flyer between Viv and Daken is Telekinian. Patsy Walker's Inhuman roommate
    Much Thanks those 3 and Stonewall i just couldn't place.