View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1011 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 115119119611001100710081009101010111012101310141015102110611111 ... LastLast
Results 15,151 to 15,165 of 16973
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Also have to point out...
    Just because writers have done it before doesn't mean it isn't bad writing and doesn't suck.
    True enough, but in terms of the Cullen-as-villain scenario I would point out that the writer who did it before was the character's creator so I think that carries a bit of weight in terms of whether or not such a direction would be inappropriate or out of character.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I'm not caught up on Excalibur, but I've been hearing people complain about Cullen's portrayal there. If it's really that bad, hopefully some future writer can soft retcon it by saying it was the Glartrox messing with his behavior or something like that. The perks of having a literal monster living inside of a character, I guess...
    I agree, and I do wonder if Tini is intending that Cullen is being influenced by the demon inside. If so, it hasn't been made explicit yet but it would explain a few things in terms of his unexpected behaviour.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I agree that Cullen going darkside isn't exactly out of the blue, and writers aging up teenage characters to suit plot isn't new either. It's just the execution of Cullen's turn to villainy that's a headscratcher. This particular flavor of it - fox-hunting, "polite" racism, snooty aristocrat villainy - is pretty much out of nowhere.
    I'm not happy with this particular direction for him myself (as I acknowledged in my original post). I agree that some of these traits are entirely unexpected. Some of the aristocrat stuff can maybe be explained as just him embracing some of his family money, heritage, etc as he's gotten older off-panel...but it certainly is a shocking jump from where we last saw him. I do think it would help to have some in-story acknowledgement of and explanation for the change in who Cullen is now from who he was last we saw him.

In terms of his current anti-mutant attitude, I'm not sure it can entirely be classified as racism. I think its more about the massive shift in the political situation of Krakoa than it is about mutants as a people/race. Practically overnight they went from having no political power within the MU to having their own nation; with massive political influence with their valued exports, etc; with mysterious teleporting gateways that only they can use, given them access to every other country on Earth; every single one of their citizens has super-powers; and some of the leaders of that country are known terrorists, psychopaths, mass murderers, etc, because being a mutant automatically gave them all a clean slate and diplomatic immunity for their literal crimes against humanity.

That is an absolutely terrifying situation for the rest of the world from a national security perspective. Even the non-mutant haters and people who love and trust the X-Men are still upset and suspicious due to the presence of people like Magneto, Apocalypse, Exodus, etc, in the leadership.

I'm absolutely not saying Cullen is right in his actions here...I'm just saying that having developed fears and concerns about mutant society at the moment is not necessarily a matter of racism, but rather a matter of fear over a massive and sudden shift in the balance of power.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Black Cat #10 - I am trade-waiting on this book, so I don't know the details but Felicia's bisexuality is apparently acknowledged here in a flashback to an old relationship.

Excalibur #8 - Cullen Bloodstone made another (controversial) guest appearance, and the team's usual LGBT cast were present as well. Rictor got a little more to do this issue.

Iron Man 2020 #3 - more Machinesmith.

Strikeforce #7 - Deadpool guest stars. Angela gets an interesting scene with Count Ophidian, looking at things from the deal-based perspective she grew up with in Heven.

I think that's everything. Marauders #9 came out, but this is the first issue to not feature any of the book's multiple LGBT cast members.

Did I miss anything?

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Does the implied sex between Wolverine and Cyclops count?
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    Until its confirmed as more than teasing, hints, and implication...no.

Can I just say after "that" episode of Castlevania not **** surprises me anymore and I actually give the whole Scott/Logan thing some pause now..... Like honestly what if they do go there.....

Astonishing Member

I did list it on the previous week's issue of X-MEN. Unless I missed something, there was not another new issue last week....was there?

While I understand and agree with the concerns about queerbaiting, it is still technically some level of implied LGBT content until we hear differently. I was sure to note it as unconfirmed though.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

http://www.cbr.com/new-mutants-wolfs...ationship/amp/

Confirmation that we’re gonna have a gay relationship on New Mutants. I find it kinda weird that they’re going to portray Rahne as being all “no labels, no questions” about her sexuality considering the kind of character she is in the comics, but oh well... at least they’re doing something. Too bad it came too little too late, as we don’t know if Marvel has any intention to carry on with any of these FOX characters except for Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Can I just say after "that" episode of Castlevania not **** surprises me anymore and I actually give the whole Scott/Logan thing some pause now..... Like honestly what if they do go there.....
    I don’t watch Castlevania, but I really don’t think it’s comparable to how Marvel manages a huge mainstream franchise like X-Men. Netflix has more creative liberty and less moral shackles in a mature show like that.

If it had been anyone but Wolfsbane, I'd have been down.

Danni and Magik? Sam and 'Berto? All good.

But that nasty creature getting to represent after her story with Rictor? Piss off with that.

Ultimate Member

But that nasty creature getting to represent after her story with Rictor? Piss off with that.
    You know that they reconciled right? In her defense she had just been written by Kyle and Yost, that'll mess anyone up.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You know that they reconciled right? In her defense she had just been written by Kyle and Yost, that'll mess anyone up.
    Haters don't operate on logic.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Haters don't operate on logic.
    Exactly. Logic has no place in comic books.

That whole movie is one big WTF

Sooo not sad its delayed again lol
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Ant-Man #3 of 5 - Black Cat guest stars

Hawkeye: Freefall #4 - D-Man has a cameo appearance

Immortal Hulk #32 - Dr. McGowan officially comes out as trans

New Mutants #9 - Karma

Avengers #32 - Dracula (who was outed as bisexual last year) and Mephisto both appear in this issue that is checking in on many of the book's ongoing villains right now.

Anything else?

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Gives a rundown of the new New Warriors characters, including Snowflake who is non-binary.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post

Gives a rundown of the new New Warriors characters, including Snowflake who is non-binary.
    No shade but I'd be lying if I didn't say I thought the one in pink would be the gay one.