View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1013 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 135139139631003100910101011101210131014101510161017102310631113 ... LastLast
Results 15,181 to 15,195 of 16973
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I feel really sad/bad for Sina's experience being so damaging and toxic, I do. Its awful and people shouldn't have to experience that.

I can't say that I'm mega jazzed about his putting Marvel on blast every time someone attempts to make improvements though. When does it end?

He has every right to be pissed and bitter, but at the same time -- maybe they're trying to amend and learn from that experience?
    We all process emotion differently and forgiveness isn't something that's easily bestowed when you've been burned and abused, but ....I dunno.
    Heck, maybe his putting them on blast like he is, is actually motivating the powers-that-be to be more sensitive to these considerations for broadening the diversity landscape into less common avenues. Sometimes, if a dog bites you for getting rough with it, you learn to be more gentle?

Either way, I wish him peace and love and healing.
    Agreed with all of this. Its awful that he had such a negative experience, but I do hope he can get to a place where he doesn't seem to be carrying so much bitterness over it....for his own good, if nothing else, since lashing out at former employers on Twitter could potentially hurt his own career.

As Drops Of Venus already pointed out, it sounds like things behind the scenes at Marvel have improved/are improving--hopefully that continues to be the case. I have to admit I was very surprised to hear that Sina Grace had such negative experiences, given that Marvel has had several other openly LGBT creators, editors, people in the promotions department, etc, over the years.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Atlantis Attacks #3 - Giant-Man and The Protector are part of the large ensemble cast of the combined Agents Of Atlas teams. Also Sea Hunter is appearing as well.

Captain America #20 - Dr. Toni Ho makes an appearance

Deadpool #4

Excalibur #9

Guardians Of The Galaxy #3 - 616 Moondragon makes her long awaited return

Outlawed #1 - the Champions star in this one-shot, and Viv has a very significant role in the story

Runaways #31

Spider-Woman #1 - apparently Strikeforce (including Wiccan) make a brief appearance in a back-up story

Jane Foster: Valkyrie #9 - Loki appears

X-Force #9 - a whole lot of LGBT mutants in this one, at least in cameos. Iceman, Daken, Christian Frost, Honey Badger, etc

I think that's everything...quite a few LGBT-inclusive books this week!

Although not actual LGBT content, there was a panel in Fantastic Four #20 where Sky (Torch's new love interest) watches Johnny and Wyatt Wingfoot together and remarks that maybe Wyatt is Johnny's true soulmate, not her.

Due to the various closures and social distancing protocols for the current pandemic, my local comic shop will be mailing me my comics starting next week instead of me coming in to pick them up--which means I won't have the opportunity to flip through other books on the stands for a while, so I may miss some LGBT content that I would normally have picked up on. If so, please do chime in if I miss anything when making these lists!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post

Although not actual LGBT content, there was a panel in Fantastic Four #20 where Sky (Torch's new love interest) watches Johnny and Wyatt Wingfoot together and remarks that maybe Wyatt is Johnny's true soulmate, not her.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    America Chavez is getting a new book.
    Oh snap. It’s a 5 issue mini though. Maybe for the best.

Not familiar with either creator involved. At least this writer has done comics before.

D8889F99-14FE-4447-B526-ED1ACF461C18.jpg

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a while but I have been lurking. I have a couple questions. First; are the time-displaced O5 X-Men still around?

Also since I was thinking about how the first openly gay character in the MCU (you guys know what I'm talking about, let's not go over this again) is going to be Phastos I've been wondering if there are any other lesser-known characters who never had their sexuality confirmed one way or another who might potentially be used in the MCU as LGBT characters. Can anyone think of any specific characters that might be used in this way?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Hey everyone, I haven't posted in a while but I have been lurking. I have a couple questions. First; are the time-displaced O5 X-Men still around?

Also since I was thinking about how the first openly gay character in the MCU (you guys know what I'm talking about, let's not go over this again) is going to be Phastos I've been wondering if there are any other lesser-known characters who never had their sexuality confirmed one way or another who might potentially be used in the MCU as LGBT characters. Can anyone think of any specific characters that might be used in this way?
    The time-displaced X-Men went back to their original timeline a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Thanks. I haven't been following comics for a while, so I was wondering.

Quote Originally Posted by Bunch of Coconuts View Post
    Oh snap. It’s a 5 issue mini though. Maybe for the best.

Not familiar with either creator involved. At least this writer has done comics before.

D8889F99-14FE-4447-B526-ED1ACF461C18.jpg
    Isn't the book only coming out entirely based on spite? Because of that other America book coming out?

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    Oh, has it been a few years already? lol.

Thanks. I haven't been following comics for a while, so I was wondering.
    Their older versions gained their memories cause I guess it's like a paradox. But they never really address that(only notable exception being adult Scott teaming up with the Champions).

With some basis in the comics? Korg, Loki, Valkyrie

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Their older versions gained their memories cause I guess it's like a paradox. But they never really address that(only notable exception being adult Scott teaming up with the Champions).
    Genesis told Iceman that he missed his friend young Bobby

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    With some basis in the comics? Korg, Loki, Valkyrie
    I mean characters whose sexuality has never been addressed at all, like they were a minor character who never had a love interest anyway so their sexuality is basically "free real-estate" for writers.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Isn't the book only coming out entirely based on spite? Because of that other America book coming out?
    Other America Chavez book?
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Ooooh Is there kraoaTEAn?
    GrindrStone(D)

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I feel really sad/bad for Sina's experience being so damaging and toxic, I do. Its awful and people shouldn't have to experience that.

I can't say that I'm mega jazzed about his putting Marvel on blast every time someone attempts to make improvements though. When does it end?
    I mean he (an LGBTQ+ individual of color) has an incredibly valid point of ripping Marvel a new one if they have made a major misstep with a non-binary character of color conceptualized by a straight white man and a cis LGBTQ+ white man. His point stands even without considering the trashy way Marvel treated him. The fact that the latter happened is just insult to injury and underlines the gaping hole that he is highlighting with his comments. You want to retake terms like "Snowflake" and "Safe Space" for people of color? Then you need to listen to creative POCs like Sina, instead of just letting a couple of cis white dudes take the helm, however well-intentioned they are. Maybe he wouldn't have gone off if these were cis white characters (which would probably have been less risky for these creators in particular as then it would seem that they are truly reclaiming these terms for themselves and people like them, not experimenting it on representation for people who face even more discrimination than them).

As Drops of Venus said, he has praised the artist before so it's definitely not personal with the creative individuals. I guess he has just reached a point of IDGAF. If opportunities shy away from him because of THIS, then they don't deserve him anyway.
    Last edited by Confuzzled; 03-23-2020 at 10:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Girl notices the way he eyefucks him before flaming on