View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 1014 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 145149149641004101010111012101310141015101610171018102410641114 ... LastLast
Results 15,196 to 15,210 of 16966

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Other America Chavez book?
    I think its 'All-America Comix' from over at Image. Made by the person(s) who originally created MAC or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Girl notices the way he eyefucks him before flaming on

No doubt in my mind the Johnny is at least bi curious.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Isn't the book only coming out entirely based on spite? Because of that other America book coming out?
    I think it’s very possible this is the motivation behind it, since this is the second time they announce a MAC book after Image announced their own title, but I don’t really care as long as we get a good book out of it.

Astonishing Member

Hey everybody. I hope everyone is staying safe and healthy!

I am still waiting to receive my mail order for last week's comics, so I'll be doing the "Week In Gay" post once I finally get those. Sorry for the delay!

In the meantime, here is a very interesting interview with Anthony Oliveira about the upcoming LORDS OF EMPYRE: HULKLING one-shot!

https://aiptcomics.com/2020/03/31/em...logy-and-more/

I am even more excited for this now...and I expect some members of this thread will have some...interesting opinions on Teddy's supporting cast for this!

Either they kiss or Dan Slott needs to cut this **** out.

Astonishing Member

The Week (of March 25th) In Gay:

Finally time for the overdue look at the last week of new comics for a while.

Fantastic Four: Marvels Snapshots - no significant gay content there, but one of Johnny's high school classmates is mentioned as being gay, when they point out that he managed to stay in the closet longer than Johnny did (referencing Johnny's naive attempt at maintaining a "secret identity" in his early solo stories). There is also a reference to Jumbo Carnation's death, during a news broadcast establishing at what point in Marvel history this story took place.

Immortal Hulk #33 - Dr. McGowan seems to be playing a significant role in this arc.

Ravencroft #3 of 5 - D-Man is featured in this issue

Tarot #4 of 4 - Valkyrie is part of the Defenders here. Northstar has a cameo appearance

X-Men/Fantastic Four #3 of 4 - Iceman has a one-panel cameo.

Nothing confirmed LGBT yet, but in Star #3 I got a vibe in an interaction between Ripley and Black Swan. Presumably the rest of the mini will reveal whether or not I was just imagining it.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Ok, I'm back with more rumours from the internet. So I've been hearing a bit more about this alleged upcoming Young Avengers project and this is what some insiders are claiming and/or theorizing:
    - it might be a movie or a tv series
    - it's probably going to be on Disney+ (the fact that it might be a series strongly suggests that whatever it ends up being it'll be on Disney+)
    - it's allegedly going to focus on the vol 1 roster (some people were speculating that MAC and/or Kamala Khan might be in it but according to a new source it'll be the original roster)
    - 2023 will be the likely year it premieres

So my question to everyone here now is; would you prefer a movie or a tv series for the Young Avengers?

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Ok, I'm back with more rumours from the internet. So I've been hearing a bit more about this alleged upcoming Young Avengers project and this is what some insiders are claiming and/or theorizing:
    - it might be a movie or a tv series
    - it's probably going to be on Disney+ (the fact that it might be a series strongly suggests that whatever it ends up being it'll be on Disney+)
    - it's allegedly going to focus on the vol 1 roster (some people were speculating that MAC and/or Kamala Khan might be in it but according to a new source it'll be the original roster)
    - 2023 will be the likely year it premieres

So my question to everyone here now is; would you prefer a movie or a tv series for the Young Avengers?
    TV show just sounds like the better option, all things considered. More screentime for the characters, more queer representation (assuming Disney won't chicken out), possibly waiting less time between productions. The one downside would be if the show ended up being cheap, but since Disney is willing to spend some big bucks on their major Disney+ productions, I'm not worried about that.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 04-10-2020 at 09:52 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    TV show just sounds like the better option, all things considered. More sceentime for the characters, more queer representation (assuming Disney won't chicken out), possibly waiting less time between productions. The one downside would be if the show ended up being cheap, but since Disney is willing to spend some big bucks on their major Disney+ productions, I'm not worried about that.
    I agree; tv show is probably better in terms of overall content. It would be nice to see the YA get the prominence of the big screen, but I think overall we'll get better results from tv. And there's nothing to say that we couldn't see the YA appear (either as a group, or individually) in some of the movies. With the launch of the new Disney+ tv series it seems like they're looking to have more back-and-forth between the big and small screens of the MCU than we've seen in the past.

Aren't America and Kamala getting their own shows?
    Then I really wouldn't have expected or wanted them on a Young Avengers show.
    Even so, they might do a crossover between the shows ala Arrowverse.
    #EmmaWasRight

TV show just sounds like the better option, all things considered. More screentime for the characters, more queer representation (assuming Disney won't chicken out), possibly waiting less time between productions. The one downside would be if the show ended up being cheap, but since Disney is willing to spend some big bucks on their major Disney+ productions, I'm not worried about that.
    Yeah, I agree. The Disney+ Marvel shows definitely aren't going to be cheap either, based on The Mandalorian and what we've seen so far of the Disney+ Marvel shows they're going to be high quality productions.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I never expected Kamala to be in Young Avengers but when rumours of an upcoming YA project first started circulating online some people were speculating that the YA roster would end up being a combination of Young Avengers and Champions characters. Now it looks more certain that it's just going to focus on original YA characters.

So, I don't know if you guys heard about the live streaming Taika Waititi did, but he ended up revealing something interesting about Miek. Apparently the character will be presented as female on Thor: Love And Thunder, even though they were referred to with male pronouns in Thor: Ragnarok. I'm wondering if there will be some sort of gender transition explanation for that... Not exactly what I wanted in terms of genderqueer representation in the MCU, but it's something to think about.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Kamala is. We don't know about America yet; there was an unofficial report about her getting a show of her own, but it was never confirmed. Getting another show doesn't really mean you can't appear on a YA movie or show, though, because that's probably what's gonna happen with Kate anyway.

I want America to be a part of the MCU Young Avengers, but not from the get go. They should keep the Gillen stuff for later on. As for Kamala... yeah, I don't care for her being a part of the team.

So, I don't know if you guys heard about the live streaming Taika Waititi did, but he ended up revealing something interesting about Miek. Apparently the character will be presented as female on Thor: Love And Thunder, even though they were referred to with male pronouns in Thor: Ragnarok. I'm wondering if there will be some sort of gender transition explanation for that... Not exactly what I wanted in terms of genderqueer representation in the MCU, but it's something to think about.

Kamala is. We don't know about America yet; there was an unofficial report about her getting a show of her own, but it was never confirmed. Getting another show doesn't really mean you can't appear on a YA movie or show, though, because that's probably what's gonna happen with Kate anyway.

I want America to be a part of the MCU Young Avengers, but not from the get go. They should keep the Gillen stuff for later on. As for Kamala... yeah, I don't care for her being a part of the team.
    Apparently Taika also said that Korg won't have a love interest in Thor: Love And Thunder. https://www.out.com/film/2020/4/10/t...aracter-thor-4

There was a casting report saying that Marvel is auditioning teenage Latina actresses for the next Doctor Strange movie and everyone assumed the role is for MAC, which does seem likely. So I'm assuming that MAC will join their Young Avengers project eventually.

Apparently Taika also said that Korg won't have a love interest in Thor: Love And Thunder. https://www.out.com/film/2020/4/10/t...aracter-thor-4
    It's interesting what he said about Korg, because even if he's not pursuing love in the movie, what he described for the character definitely could make him openly gay in the MCU. I wonder if his lost love was Hiroim, like in the comics.

There was a casting report saying that Marvel is auditioning teenage Latina actresses for the next Doctor Strange movie and everyone assumed the role is for MAC, which does seem likely. So I'm assuming that MAC will join their Young Avengers project eventually.
    Oh, yeah, I know about that. But even before that casting for Doctor Strange, there was an unofficial report about America possibly getting a solo show. We just never found out if it was true.

Hey, friends! I'm not really sure where to post this (and I don't have many comic geek friends in-person), so... I'm trying to put together a Skype/Zoom group to have a weekly get-together so we can talk comics, geek out about collectibles, speculate about movies, etc. Especially during this time where the no release of comics is tearing up the industry.

If SDCC doesn't happen (and some of you may know I've been going to SDCC for the past 14 years since I was eleven), I think this would be a great way for geeks to gather as an alternative.

I know a lot of you may be introverts, so we can even just create a chat room (no video/audio). Whatever works! But if you're interested, send me a PM!
    I like boys, comics, Disney, and traveling. // follow me @ itsnickmen
    “Have courage and be kind. Where there is kindness there is goodness, and where there is goodness there is magic.”
    Cinderella