View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1016 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 165169169661006101210131014101510161017101810191020102610661116 ... LastLast
Results 15,226 to 15,240 of 16971
    Extraordinary Member

What’s the consensus on Kate Bishop being bi?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    I don't think we've ever seen any evidence of it, really. America Chavez made an offhand joke about it at the end of YOUNG AVENGERS vol.2, but that was just a joke rather than a serious comment. I don't think we've ever actually seen any indication of her being romantically or sexually interested in another woman.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I think Kate being the straight girl who's always surrounded by queer people has kind of become an ongoing joke at this point and a part of her appeal, which is why I don't think Marvel will really out her as a part of the community itself. And honestly? I don't mind, 'cause I think it's a fun dynamic. I wouldn't oppose her coming out, but I don't think it's problematic for her to not be queer or anything like that, because books featuring her tend to always have queer characters in it, so it's not like we're being denied representation. I also feel like they would only ever make her come out if they really want to make AmeriKate canon, but much like with Clint, I like that Kate can have a strong friendship that doesn't turn into romance. Plus, I really like America/Ramone, and I hope Marvel let them make it as a couple.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 05-10-2020 at 11:03 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think Kate being the straight girl who's always surrounded by queer people has kind of become an ongoing joke at this point and a part of her appeal, which is why I don't think Marvel will really out her as a part of the community itself. And honestly? I don't mind, 'cause I think it's a fun dynamic. I wouldn't oppose her coming out, but I don't think it's problematic for her to not be queer or anything like that, because books featuring her tend to always have queer characters in it, so it's not like we're being denied representation. I also feel like they would only ever make her come out if they really want to make AmeriKate canon, but much like with Clint, I like that Kate can have a strong friendship that doesn't turn into romance. Plus, I really like America/Ramone, and I hope Marvel let them make it as a couple.
    Agreed on all points.

And yeah, Kate really does tend to have a lot of LGBT people in her life. Billy, America and Teddy are among her closest friends. Her first solo adventures in LA had the gay couple Marcus & Finch as her friends, and then her solo ongoing gave her Ramone and Mikka. Plus there was Aimee in the Fraction run who was technically more one of Clint's supporting characters but Kate knew her too. Even a standalone solo story in YEAR OF MARVELS: THE UNCANNY gave Kate a new lesbian friend/ally Kayla Kurasawa as one of the other young women who had been kidnapped by a vampire. Kate Bishop may be the Marvel Universe's biggest "fag hag" (pardon the potentially offensive term).

Astonishing Member

Top 10 Favourite LGBT Supporting Characters Vote:

Sorry its taken me so long to get back to this, everyone--its been a hectic few weeks.

As noted before, I will be borrowing NewMutant's format from the recent "Top 10 Favourite LGBT X-Characters" vote, so please vote for your 10 favourite LGBT supporting characters in Marvel Comics, in order. The scoring will be as follows:

1st Place - 10 Points
    2nd Place - 9 Points
    3rd Place - 8 Points
    4th Place - 7 Points
    5th Place - 6 Points
    6th Place - 5 Points
    7th Place - 4 Points
    8th Place - 3 Points
    9th Place - 2 Points
    10th Place - 1 Point

Below is a list of nominee suggestions - but this list does not necessarily include every LGBT supporting character that exists, so if you can think of someone I've missed and want to vote for them, by all means go ahead!

Marlo Chandler - from INCREDIBLE HULK and CAPTAIN MARVEL (Genis)
    Arnie Roth - from CAPTAIN AMERICA
    Tracy Burke - from the original MS. MARVEL and CAPTAIN MARVEL (Carol)
    Bradley - Jen Walter's personal assistant from the last SHE-HULK series
    Sharon King - from SHE-HULK and PATSY WALKER AKA HELLCAT.
    Ellen King - from DAREDEVIL.
    Arnold Astrovik - from NEW WARRIORS
    Tim Cababa - INVINCIBLE IRON MAN
    Frenchie - MOON KNIGHT
    Victoria Hand - DARK AVENGERS and NEW AVENGERS
    Tom Hale - PATSY WALKER and PASTY WALKER AKA HELLCAT
    Ying Liu - UNSTOPPABLE WASP
    Shay Smith - UNSTOPPABLE WASP
    Lisa Halloran - THE ULTIMATES, AMERICA and JANE FOSTER: VALKYRIE
    Rebecca Bergier - the 90s WAR MACHINE series.
    Ayo & Aneka - BLACK PANTHER (Coates run)
    Taku - BLACK PANTHER (McGregor and Priest's runs)
    Lola & Rafferty - SILK
    Max Modell - AMAZING SPIDER-MAN and SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN
    Jake Oh - WAR MACHINE, TOTALLY AWESOME HULK, etc
    Nancy Whitehead - UNSTOPPABLE SQUIRREL GIRL
    Christian Frost - EMMA FROST, ICEMAN, MARAUDERS
    Amy Chen - SILVER SABLE & THE WILD PACK
    Twitchy - HAWKEYE & MOCKINGBIRD
    Madin - ICEMAN
    Jumbo Carnation - MARAUDERS
    Annabelle Riggs - FEARLESS DEFENDERS
    Aundray Phelps (Attractive Lad) - WONDER MAN
    Aimee - HAWKEYE
    Tiresias - HERCULES
    Marcus & Finch - HAWKEYE
    Nigel Clowes - NEW INVADERS
    Steck'ee - CAPTAIN MARVEL
    Jazinda - SHE-HULK
    Cadet Glory - CAPTAIN MARVEL
    Jack Casey - PATRIOT
    Jasmine - SPIDER-MAN 2099
    Zoe Zimmer - MS MARVEL (Kamala)
    Wally Layton and Dr. Donald Meland - SCARLET SPIDER
    Chili Storm
    Kyle Jinadu - ASTONISHING X-MEN, ALPHA FLIGHT, etc
    Judah Miller - ICEMAN

Have fun!

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Same. I love her MORE for being this heterosexual woman who is continually surrounded by and fostering deep friendships with queer heroes -- and particularly queer women of color -- and it NOT complicating their dynamic. I think its very important to showcase these relationships and friendships between women in general that aren't connected via romantic thread with a male counterpart.
    Anole and Rockslide is another example that springs to mind of a straight/gay pairing that is so terrific and well done. I love that Rockslide is this macho beast bro and he and Anole have become so tight.

Astonishing Member

The Month In Gay:

Comics have started to trickle out again this month, some physically and some digitally. Here's the LGBT appearances I am aware of from May's comics. Without being able to physically browse in my local comic shop, it is a bit harder for me to keep track of what comics have all come out with LGBT appearances, so please, let me know if I miss anything....

Marauders #10 - Iceman and Christian Frost are both involved in this issue, although neither of them are overly prominent. We also have a moment with Emma and the Cuckoos telepathically reprogramming bigots to not only stop hating mutants but also any oppressed minority, and she explicitly includes gay and trans people in the list.

Ravencroft #4 - D-Man appears briefly in this issue.

And...I think that's it. Slim pickings, but since only a handful of books came out this month that's to be expected.

Amazing Member

With this month being Pride, and an abundance of free time, I wanted to read some RickStar stories, but don’t really know where to start. I haven’t read many X-men comics. I’ve got a Marvel Unlimited subscription, and looking at the list of comics for the characters goes back to the 80s and 90s. Any suggestions where to start for the “modern” stories?

Have you read the peter David x-factor series? I assume you have but if you haven’t it’s awesome

Quote Originally Posted by gch230 View Post
    With this month being Pride, and an abundance of free time, I wanted to read some RickStar stories, but don’t really know where to start. I haven’t read many X-men comics. I’ve got a Marvel Unlimited subscription, and looking at the list of comics for the characters goes back to the 80s and 90s. Any suggestions where to start for the “modern” stories?
    Like Silvermoth said, most of their story as a couple is really on PAD's X-Factor vol. 3. Rictor is a member of the team from the first issue but Shatterstar only first appears in issue #45 IIRC. You'd have to read from the first issue to understand how and why though, if you're interested in that. After that, they appear together again in the recent Shatterstar mini, with some individual appearances in other series in between.

I haven't read much from the 90's X-Force era which was before they came out though, so maybe someone else could help out in that area

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Rumours about Hercules being introduced to the MCU are once again trickling in. And people are assuming/speculating that he's going to be openly gay or bi, but there's nothing concrete on that yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    She and Cassie are the only YA members I've pretty much always thought were straight. Billy, Teddy, America, David, Loki and Noh-Varr all speak for themselves.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    She and Cassie are the only YA members I've pretty much always thought were straight. Billy, Teddy, America, David, Loki and Noh-Varr all speak for themselves.
    What about Eli and Tommy?

I knew I was forgetting someone. I think Eli is likely straight given the emphasis on his relationship with Kate (and then his wife in The Children's Crusade), while Tommy I'm less sure about. I do like the idea of him and Prodigy though.

I'd prefer Kate and Speed to stay straight, honestly. Making them but, just to have the whole team LGBT feels like pandering.

I like Kate as the straight girl who can't stop attracting gay friends.

I like Tommy as the ally. Like, totally straight but will literally punch someone in the face of the mess with his gay brother. (personal note: my own brother is like that, so that may be why I like him characterised that way)