View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 102 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 2529298991001011021031041051061121522026021102 ... LastLast
Results 1,516 to 1,530 of 16966

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post

Love this scene!

If Marvel have prove anything, they can (not always) turn the most OBSCURE character into cash cow. Guardians of The Galaxy anyone? I didn't know such a team exist when Marvel announced GOTG movie (but maybe it's because I'm a new reader). Don't forget Ms. Marvel. When Kamala solo was announced, the writer wrote about the importance of Muslim representation in media. Even Brett White wrote In Your Face Jam: Ms. Marvel Is Important. I didn't even expect that Silk, a new character get her own solo comic.

So? If Marvel want, they can launch Northstar solo. People will write about the importance of LGBT representation and why Northstar solo can be awesome because his personality, etc etc. Promote his book and hope this book success. Or if Marvel want to push more diversity, get a gay writer and/or gay artist as Northstar creative team.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    I think Miss America WILL have a solo any time soon. She has a very passionate fanbase, she's latina -so there you have a triple threat; queer woc- and her power for traveling various realities would make for some crazy stories that any writer would want. According to Gillen her name comes a lot in the Marvel retreats, I think that by next year she will have a solo.
    Yes, please.
    Last edited by Kencana; 11-14-2014 at 04:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    As a gay Canadian I've always been proud that the first gay superhero is also Canadian.
    Gay Canadian with Magneto based username... Are we the same person?
    Last edited by Magnito; 11-14-2014 at 11:54 AM.

I can't see Northstar getting his own monthly unless it's a mini. The guy is a total tool.

Bachalo has gotten so damned awful as an artist.

This is an odd question: is Raze LGBT? Obviously sexuality doesn't necessarily pass in the genes, but Daken is LGBT, Mystique is LGBT and Claremont always felt Logan was bi. And this pose by Raze... not to stereotype, but he is VERY flirtatious (like Daken). What does everyone think?
    I think Raza is a terrible character who's better off being forgotten about. He must have been a Jason Aaron idea.

BANNED

bachalo isn't bad but sometimes it's very difficult to see what's going on since his artwork is so inky. i think either mark brooks or arthur adams should do northstar.

you know, if will wheaton did finally get to voice a marvel character i would totally see him do northstar

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    As a gay Canadian I've always been proud that the first gay superhero is also Canadian.
    If we're doing this by nationality, how many gay British superheroes are there?
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    That doesn't count, English people are all at least a little gay.

Kidding.

BANNED

like some LGBT solo comics from marvel do you believe we'll soon get an LGBT superhero or comic adaptation on the big and small screen?

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    like some LGBT solo comics from marvel do you believe we'll soon get an LGBT superhero or comic adaptation on the big and small screen?
    It's pretty stupid how long it's taking. I'm sure there will be LGBT representation in the MCU eventually. The problem is that "eventually" is a pretty shitty timeframe.

Quote Originally Posted by marvelguy25 View Post
    Yep I really do

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    One of the Union Jack's was gay and there is Psylocke and.......nope, I'm out
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

I'm gonna be negative, but not intentionally so, that we will never see a gay superhero film. We don't even have a comic yet. Batwoman is the most likely.
    I was trying to do too much and not doing any of it as well as I could. But I've had a change of mind... though not everyone shall enjoy it. I will.

#midnightermonday #uglystepchildren #lolgbtcomedyshow

Tumblr: http://newmutantmayhem.tumblr.com/

IG: https://www.instagram.com/ginger_drew/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by NewMutant View Post
    I'm gonna be negative, but not intentionally so, that we will never see a gay superhero film. We don't even have a comic yet. Batwoman is the most likely.
    yes, but i doubt batwoman will be made into film. NOW TELEVISION ON THE OTHER HAND. but still, i can see marvel releasing loads of LGBT solo titles and we do really need the young avengers and i think they work best on television which would be set up by either age of ultron of Cap 3.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

X-Men Origins: Mystique, anyone? Do a whole riff on Sherlock Holmes and ... woops that's a different continuity.

Plus I doubt anyone in Fox wants to put anything out under the X-Men Origins title. :P
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I'm back again. And on the subject of gay British superheroes, there is Cullen Bloodstone. But with Bloodstone I feel like he's really hovering between being a hero and a villain. I personally would like to see him become a young, gay, British version of the Punisher, or he could become a villain who fights with other teenage Marvel characters.