View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1024 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 245249249741014102010211022102310241025102610271028103410741124 ... LastLast
Results 15,346 to 15,360 of 16971
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    Can I just say that's my biggest worry? Looking at the solicits, the King in Black prelude seems to touch on Kree and Skrull characters I have never seen with little mention of the post war Alliance sans the title having Emyre in it. While I initially was happy because that possibly meant Teddy didn't have to deal with that bs, I came to the realization that it also meant Billy and Teddy might not have consistent-ish appearances after Empyre anymore.

Thankfully, I feel like Al, especially after saying he's got a lot of love for them as characters and a couple, might let them pop up in GoTG, since he said that the book would sort of see all the repercussions of Empyre play out, and we know of a potential spot they could land in.

That being said, they also have the benefit of being integral parts of a semi-popular team primed for a comeback, so I could see that coming, but that's also a while away. There's also a relatively near MCU debut for them to maybe jumpstart consistent appearances, but that might intersect with a YA book, which like I said might not come soon after.
    The King In Black stuff is in October is what gives me SOME hope their story is not over yet. We all thought Empyre-related stuff was supposed to end in September, but if we're still getting an Empyre related book in October, then that's a sign that maybe there's still some stuff to be established going forward for the Kree/Skrull Empire, which could affect Teddy (and therefore Billy). If we don't get anything for November and December, then that's when I'll start to officially get worried. I really hope Empyre: Avengers - Aftermath will end with some of those ''if you want to keep following the story, read THIS book'' kind of teaser. And hopefully it'll be a Young Avengers/Wiccan & Hulkling book.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    The King In Black stuff is in October is what gives me SOME hope their story is not over yet. We all thought Empyre-related stuff was supposed to end in September, but if we're still getting an Empyre related book in October, then that's a sign that maybe there's still some stuff to be established going forward for the Kree/Skrull Empire, which could affect Teddy (and therefore Billy). If we don't get anything for November and December, then that's when I'll start to officially get worried. I really hope Empyre: Avengers - Aftermath will end with some of those ''if you want to keep following the story, read THIS book'' kind of teaser. And hopefully it'll be a Young Avengers/Wiccan & Hulkling book.
    They prolly won't announce a YA or Wiccling book until after the event. Like how there was the secret cover only revealed after e4.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Storm17 View Post
    They prolly won't announce a YA or Wiccling book until after the event. Like how there was the secret cover only revealed after e4.
    And how the details of the MR & MRS X series were kept under wraps until after the Gambit & Rogue wedding actually happened.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Captain Marvel #19 - another Empyre tie-in with a small Hulkling appearance

Empyre #5 of 6 - more Hulkling and Wiccan awesomeness -- including another shot of Teddy and Billy in bed together, this time in the main book of the company-wide "event" book. That's significant.

Empyre: X-Men #3 of 4 - Karma is one of the X-Men in the issue (as is Multiple Man).

Immortal Hulk #36 - Dr. McGowan is part of the supporting cast

Marauders #11 - Most of the book's main LGBT characters are limited to cameos in this issue, but Nightcrawler's narration does make particular reference to Iceman taking Kate's death hard. We also get the first on-panel appearance of CIA agent Delores Ramirez (whose X-Desk letters and reports we've seen included in some previous issues). Nothing is said explicitly but her comments about Storm suggest that she is LGBT and attracted to Ororo.

X-Force #11 - Pyro II and Scout (Aka Gabby Kinney, formerly Honey Badger) made appearances.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay (Aug 19's books):

Avengers #35 - tiny cameo of the gay pre-historic Starbrand

Cable #3 - Deadpool guest starred and met Kid Cable for the first time

Captain America #22 - Toni Ho continues to appear as one of the Daughters Of Liberty

Captain Marvel #20 - Hulkling has a small appearance in this Empyre tie-in

Empyre: X-Men #4 of 4 - Multiple Man is in this

Excalibur #11

Wolverine #4 - Mystique makes an appearance.

It seems like recently all of Marvel's "ambigously" bi heroes have been getting their sexualities truly established and/or acknowledged/reaffirmed.

Tommy with David, Mystique calling Destiny her wife and an on-panel kiss, now Noh-Varr and Hercules, which is a two for one.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    It seems like recently all of Marvel's "ambigously" bi heroes have been getting their sexualities truly established and/or acknowledged/reaffirmed.

Tommy with David, Mystique calling Destiny her wife and an on-panel kiss, now Noh-Varr and Hercules, which is a two for one.
    Where was Hercules and Noh-Varr confirmed?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Where was Hercules and Noh-Varr confirmed?
    In the preview of the next issue of Guardians of the Galaxy coming next week.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    In the preview of the next issue of Guardians of the Galaxy coming next week.
    I just saw.

Hopefully we can get confirmations on some X-Women soon.

Cute! Hercules and Noh Varr make a cute couple

Come on Johnny Storm!

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

I suspected this was coming -- there was a moment in GOTG #2 where Marvel Boy is looking at Hercules with a certain 'interested' look on his face. I am so glad I was right, not just because it should be a cute pairing for however long it lasts, but also for finally making Hercules' bisexuality clear and explicit on-panel. Pak and Abnett both made nods to it before in their Herc solo books, but now its explicitly confirmed. With Al Ewing's track record for LGBT inclusion and representation in almost every Marvel book he's worked on I had high hopes for this when it was announced Hercules was going to be part of his GOTG cast. I'm so glad that hope paid off.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    Come on Johnny Storm!
    Personally I think they might confirm he's bi around the time that the Fantastic Four join the MCU. Considering that Marvel is finally starting to give us LGBT characters in the MCU and that the Fantastic Four could use some minority characters, I highly doubt Disney/Marvel is going to launch a new franchise that focuses on a group of all heterosexual/all white people, it seems like that would be time to do it and synergize with the movies. Just me speculating though.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Iron Man 2020 #6 - the finale to the "Iron Man 2020" crossover and to Dan Slott's run on the book. Machinesmith was part of the story as a member of the cast.

X-Factor #2 - Northstar, Kyle, Daken and Prodigy all appear as part of the regular cast.

A rather light week this week in terms of total number of books with LGBT representation--but X-FACTOR helps compensate given just how gay that book is, from the creative team to the cast.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I suspected this was coming -- there was a moment in GOTG #2 where Marvel Boy is looking at Hercules with a certain 'interested' look on his face. I am so glad I was right, not just because it should be a cute pairing for however long it lasts, but also for finally making Hercules' bisexuality clear and explicit on-panel. Pak and Abnett both made nods to it before in their Herc solo books, but now its explicitly confirmed. With Al Ewing's track record for LGBT inclusion and representation in almost every Marvel book he's worked on I had high hopes for this when it was announced Hercules was going to be part of his GOTG cast. I'm so glad that hope paid off.
    Wasn't it because Abnett didn't want to write him as bi that Alonso made the claim that 616 Herc was bi? I don't remember any hints in his book