View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1033 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 33533933983102310291030103110321033103410351036103710431083 ... LastLast
Results 15,481 to 15,495 of 16974
    Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Amazing Spider-Man #51 - Black Cat makes an appearance

Runaways #32 - the book makes a surprise return to the stands, much earlier than the February 2021 return date that was hinted a while back. Great to see this book back.

X Of Swords: Stasis - the mid-point of the crossover spends a bit of time introducing the X-Men's opponents for the contest, and has all of the sword bearers finally gathered together and journey to Otherworld.

Strange Academy #4 came out. Does anyone know if there was any follow up to the implication last issue that one of the kids might be LGBT?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Strange Academy #4 came out. Does anyone know if there was any follow up to the implication last issue that one of the kids might be LGBT?
    So you're saying Strange Academy #4 came out, but no one else did?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    So you're saying Strange Academy #4 came out, but no one else did?
    No, I was asking a question. I haven't read the issue in question so I was hoping someone else in the thread could help out.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Nothing. He wasn't even really in this issue.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Nothing. He wasn't even really in this issue.
    Fair enough. Thanks.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

There is a rumor going around that Loki is gonna have both a male and female love interest on their D+ show. If this turns out to be true, I hope they won't do a cop-out by making the character only be with a man when in female form.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    There is a rumor going around that Loki is gonna have both a male and female love interest on their D+ show. If this turns out to be true, I hope they won't do a cop-out by making the character only be with a man when in female form.
    Hopefully not. Even if they do though, it will still be a step forward for the MCU's LGBT representation if they make clear that Loki is still the same person, regardless of his gender form--that it isn't like a multiple personality thing of Loki and She-Loki.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Interesting, where did you hear this rumour? I check the MarvelStudiosSpoilers subreddit every day and I haven't seen this rumour before, not that necessarily every rumour gets posted there.

I reckon we’ll see him hook up with a woman, and maybe flirt once with a bloke or come out of a bedroom and wink or something like that.

But I guess it’s a start

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Interesting, where did you hear this rumour? I check the MarvelStudiosSpoilers subreddit every day and I haven't seen this rumour before, not that necessarily every rumour gets posted there.
    It came from Twitter, and the person claimed the source was insider Daniel Richtman. I haven't seen Daniel confirm or deny this publicly on his Twitter account, but he has a Patreon where he posts exclusive scoops that he doesn't share anywhere else sometimes, so it's possible the person got it from there.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 11-06-2020 at 08:24 AM.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

It came from Twitter, and the person claimed the source was insider Daniel Richtman. I haven't seen Daniel confirm or deny this publicly on his Twitter account, but he has a Patreon where he posts exclusive scoops that he doesn't share anywhere else sometimes, so it's possible the person got it from there.
    Ok, Daniel Richtman's reputation in the Marvel "scooper" community isn't stellar right now, so I'm highly skeptical. I also saw a post about this rumour on Pride.com that claimed it comes from We Got This Covered, the most notorious fake rumour site on the internet, so it's definitely bullshit. I don't understand why someone hasn't explained to the people at Pride.com that WGTC is fake news.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Amazing Spider-Man #51.LR - Black Cat is featured

Atlantis Attacks #4 of 5 - this mini is finally back from hiatus. Multiple LGBT characters in this book with Giant-Man, Issac Ikeda, Sea Hunter and Carina.

Avengers #38 - Vnn (the pre-historic Starbrand) has a cameo in the issue as part of a flashback sequence

Captain Marvel #23 - alternate future Fuse and Dani Cage both appear, and we see America Chavez in the flashback sequences of how this dystopian future played out.

Deadpool #8 - the series is currently teasing a Wade/Elsa Bloodstone relationship, so we probably won't see much with Wade's non-hetero interests here for now.

Guardians Of The Galaxy #8

Marauders #14 - "X Of Swords" continues, with a dinner between the two opposing teams of swordbearers before the contest begins. Betsy is in this issue, and Solem presumably is as well, but if he appeared on-panel at all it was a very tiny silent cameo.

Thor #9 - Loki is in this issue

Extraordinary Member

It’s way too early to tell, but I wonder if the Eternals that are being reborn in new bodies of the opposite sex to match the movie: Makkari, Sprite, Ajak, etc will be considered trans? Or non-binary?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    It’s way too early to tell, but I wonder if the Eternals that are being reborn in new bodies of the opposite sex to match the movie: Makkari, Sprite, Ajak, etc will be considered trans? Or non-binary?
    I don't think they'll actually use any human labels to describe them, but non-binary/genderfluid/genderqueer is more likely, because saying they're trans would suggest they don't identify with the gender they presented themselves as in their former bodies, and I don't think that's accurate based on what Gillen said about the gender swapping. He made it sound like they are kind of like Loki; a society that doesn't really see gender in a traditional way and feel comfortable being anything they want.

Also, the only character who's confirmed to change gender so far is Makkari. Sprite is quite ambiguous, as they look both male or female depending on the cover art, but the official, interior art from Esad Ribić makes the character look male presenting. And I don't think we've heard anything about Ajak being on the book yet.

Extraordinary Member

I don't think they'll actually use any human labels to describe them, but non-binary/genderfluid/genderqueer is more likely, because saying they're trans would suggest they don't identify with the gender they presented themselves as in their former bodies, and I don't think that's accurate based on what Gillen said about the gender swapping. He made it sound like they are kind of like Loki; a society that doesn't really see gender in a traditional way and feel comfortable being anything they want.

Also, the only character who's confirmed to change gender so far is Makkari. Sprite is quite ambiguous, as they look both male or female depending on the cover art, but the official, interior art from Esad Ribić makes the character look male presenting. And I don't think we've heard anything about Ajak being on the book yet.
    Well, here’s hoping we get some character designed to look like Salma Hayek regardless....��