View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1036 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 36536936986102610321033103410351036103710381039104010461086 ... LastLast
Results 15,526 to 15,540 of 16973

somebody spill the tea what's up with Peter?
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    somebody spill the tea what's up with Peter?
    spoilers:
    This issue it was revealed that instead of dying he actually transported to another dimension where he got quite intimate with both a female and a male companion, who welcomed him into their "bond"
    end of spoilers

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by nandes View Post
    spoilers:
    This issue it was revealed that instead of dying he actually transported to another dimension where he got quite intimate with both a female and a male companion, who welcomed him into their "bond"
    end of spoilers
    But it’s in one of those Star Trek type scenarios, where he spends over a hundred years in the other dimension.

Like Picard on Star Trek: TNG, or Finn in Pillow World in Adventure Time. One of those classic sci-fi tropes.

I mean..... they don't even show anything lol. I dont think they'll build on it too much, Ewing clearly left it up for interpretation lol

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    I mean..... they don't even show anything lol. I dont think they'll build on it too much, Ewing clearly left it up for interpretation lol
    Probably the only way he could get away with it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Toonstrack View Post
    So nothing happened.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    well we only saw hi wit the woman and the guy is close. People can interpret in anyway
    It didn't get explicit on-panel, but it was definitely implied. We didn't only see him with the woman--Peter had his arm around the naked man (Mors), who was leaning into him as the scene cut away. Also reference to him accepting them and their ways, etc. We didn't explicitly see Peter and Aradia get intimate either, but it was also implied. The story was cramming over a hundred years into a few pages--we were expected to fill in some of the gaps ourselves.

Astonishing Member

I'm wondering if Comicsgate is gonna have a field day making someone as high profile in the MCU in the comics like Starlord bi. lol, I remember their reaction with Constantine and King Shark despite John's orientation is old news since 1992.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    I'm wondering if Comicsgate is gonna have a field day making someone as high profile in the MCU in the comics like Starlord bi. lol, I remember their reaction with Constantine and King Shark despite John's orientation is old news since 1992.
    They may treat it as a “What happens in Vegas, stays in Vegas” sort of thing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    It didn't get explicit on-panel, but it was definitely implied. We didn't only see him with the woman--Peter had his arm around the naked man (Mors), who was leaning into him as the scene cut away. Also reference to him accepting them and their ways, etc. We didn't explicitly see Peter and Aradia get intimate either, but it was also implied. The story was cramming over a hundred years into a few pages--we were expected to fill in some of the gaps ourselves.
    It's only implied if you really want. The guy say that he would share the woman, we see Starlord getting cozy with the woman and the guy only touching him on a friendly supportie way.
    Again having sex 2 men and one woman never meant that the guy is bi or gay. people are jut forcing a always straight guy to be bi because they think everyone in a straight orgy is gay

It's only implied if you really want. The guy say that he would share the woman, we see Starlord getting cozy with the woman and the guy only touching him on a friendly supportie way.
    Again having sex 2 men and one woman never meant that the guy is bi or gay. people are jut forcing a always straight guy to be bi because they think everyone in a straight orgy is gay
    Yeah I supportively, platonically call my best friend “beautiful one.” It’s also the same thing I call my girlfriend. cmon guys!!!

Fantastic Member Waking Replica's Avatar

I mean this is Al "I married Billy and Teddy, hooked up Noh Varr and Hercules, and brought back Phyla and Moondragon all in one year" Ewing (not to mention his trans character from Immortal Hulk). If he was alluding to Quill not being completely straight, he most certainly meant it as that. And besides, this is a trope used in sci-fi and fantasy, the "I've lived so long I transcend regular human concepts, including my perceived sexuality".

And even if you want to argue it away, it's not like he's being shown as truly gay, so it's not like his relationships are now void, he just now can get it on with a dude. Nothing has changed, so getting upset over the notion makes no sense.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    Yeah I supportively, platonically call my best friend “beautiful one.” It’s also the same thing I call my girlfriend. cmon guys!!!

You don't think straight friends call others beautiful? I dont know what world you live

Quote Originally Posted by Waking Replica View Post
    I mean this is Al "I married Billy and Teddy, hooked up Noh Varr and Hercules, and brought back Phyla and Moondragon all in one year" Ewing (not to mention his trans character from Immortal Hulk). If he was alluding to Quill not being completely straight, he most certainly meant it as that. And besides, this is a trope used in sci-fi and fantasy, the "I've lived so long I transcend regular human concepts, including my perceived sexuality".

And even if you want to argue it away, it's not like he's being shown as truly gay, so it's not like his relationships are now void, he just now can get it on with a dude. Nothing has changed, so getting upset over the notion makes no sense.
    Sexuality isn't a human concept at all. soon people will be saying it was iinvented and everyone is gay.

I only see it mean to be that he is sharin a woman with other guy, sexualiies doesnt change because of circumstances
    Last edited by baxer; 12-10-2020 at 01:07 PM.

You don't think straight friends call others beautiful? I dont know what world you live

Sexuality isn't a human concept at all. soon people will be saying it was iinvented and everyone is gay.
    I only see it mean to be that he is sharin a woman with other guy, sexualiies doesnt change because of circumstances
    You’re willfully ignoring context. Aradia talked about Star-Lord joining their (hers and Mors’) union. For him to start referring to both his partners as ‘beautiful’ denotes something entirely different than me calling one of the homies ‘beautiful’. But for some reason, your read on it is that Aradia has become a trophy for the men. Which... considering comics are more often than not a Rorschach test, says a lot lmaoooo.

Why are you in an LGBTQ+ appreciation thread, trying to severely downplay the rep we get? It’s quite literally none of your business and it just seems to be to incite conflict.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You’re willfully ignoring context. Aradia talked about Star-Lord joining their (hers and Mors’) union. For him to start referring to both his partners as ‘beautiful’ denotes something entirely different than me calling one of the homies ‘beautiful’. But for some reason, your read on it is that Aradia has become a trophy for the men. Which... considering comics are more often than not a Rorschach test, says a lot lmaoooo.

Why are you in an LGBTQ+ appreciation thread, trying to severely downplay the rep we get? It’s quite literally none of your business and it just seems to be to incite conflict.
    That is a interpretation, the relationship from beginning to end was very oe sided with Peter and the woman.

what rep? there isn't a sex scene or a kiss. if you think Marvel would let one of the mCU protagonists be bi to lose ntire markets? If they wanted this to be bi representation e news would hit comics and entertainment sites

This is a discussion page.

Guardians is full of LGBT, Ewing doesnt need to force Quill and kill the cnon to have nice representation.
    Last edited by baxer; 12-10-2020 at 03:55 PM.