View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1037 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 37537937987102710331034103510361037103810391040104110471087 ... LastLast
Results 15,541 to 15,555 of 16974
    Incredible Member AndersonHoran's Avatar

They just announced America Chavez in Dr Strange 2

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

They keep announcing all these popular Young Avengers characters... except for two in particular. I'm getting impatient.

On a more positive note openly gay filmmaker Justin Simien is developing the new "Lando" series for Disney+ and I'm pretty confident there will be some representation in that series.

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    You’re willfully ignoring context. Aradia talked about Star-Lord joining their (hers and Mors’) union. For him to start referring to both his partners as ‘beautiful’ denotes something entirely different than me calling one of the homies ‘beautiful’. But for some reason, your read on it is that Aradia has become a trophy for the men. Which... considering comics are more often than not a Rorschach test, says a lot lmaoooo.

Why are you in an LGBTQ+ appreciation thread, trying to severely downplay the rep we get? It’s quite literally none of your business and it just seems to be to incite conflict.
    Yeah, I don't get where in the issue Aradia is treated as a trophy. All Aradia and Mors do is invite Quill to their way of loving.
    Last edited by nandes; 12-10-2020 at 06:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    They keep announcing all these popular Young Avengers characters... except for two in particular. I'm getting impatient.

On a more positive note openly gay filmmaker Justin Simien is developing the new "Lando" series for Disney+ and I'm pretty confident there will be some representation in that series.
    Justin Simien is gay? I've been following "Dear White People" since the movie and never knew.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Justin Simien is gay? I've been following "Dear White People" since the movie and never knew.
    Yep, Lionel is basically Justin's self-insert character.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Yep, Lionel is basically Justin's self-insert character.
    Honestly mind-blown. First time I've come to this thread and y'all are already hitting me with the facts.

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    That is a interpretation, the relationship from beginning to end was very oe sided with Peter and the woman.

what rep? there isn't a sex scene or a kiss. if you think Marvel would let one of the mCU protagonists be bi to lose ntire markets? If they wanted this to be bi representation e news would hit comics and entertainment sites

This is a discussion page.

Guardians is full of LGBT, Ewing doesnt need to force Quill and kill the cnon to have nice representation.
    Omg. Just stop. The guy is walking towards Quill, who then wraps his arm around him. There's no doubt what it's meant to be and your "interpretation" is fucking homophobia. Like yeah maybe Marvel won't be exploring Quill being interested in men, like how they were doing to Hercules until now, but it doesn't change the fact that the scene is very clear on what it's meant to be.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Omg. Just stop. The guy is walking towards Quill, who then wraps his arm around him. There's no doubt what it's meant to be and your "interpretation" is fucking homophobia. Like yeah maybe Marvel won't be exploring Quill being interested in men, like how they were doing to Hercules until now, but it doesn't change the fact that the scene is very clear on what it's meant to be.
    So would you say there was.........an orgy of evidence?

Mustn't feed the troll lest he climb out from beneath his cyber bridge and start throwing his feces.

Peter Quill is Bi.jpg

This is not even subtext. Al Ewing is awesome.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Homophobia? from a queer person? The guy is there, but he far more removed from the scene than the woman. Saw nothing romantic on him embrace of Quill. t this point people want so much representation that they are willing to destroy cannon with nosense, ewing tis the leat selling run from the llast 20 years. Can't wait for this shit get canceled

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by baxer View Post
    Homophobia? from a queer person? The guy is there, but he far more removed from the scene than the woman. Saw nothing romantic on him embrace of Quill. t this point people want so much representation that they are willing to destroy cannon with nosense, ewing tis the leat selling run from the llast 20 years. Can't wait for this shit get canceled
    Yeah, 'cause wanting a book to get cancelled for making a character queer is totally normal, non-homophobic behavior. Mods, please come take out the trash.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

These are children books so trying to use on-panel f**king for proof of sexuality seems like bad faith.
    "Cable was right!"

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    These are children books so trying to use on-panel f**king for proof of sexuality seems like bad faith.
    They can kiss, sex can be shown on a PG-13 way.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Yeah, 'cause wanting a book to get cancelled for making a character queer is totally normal, non-homophobic behavior. Mods, please come take out the trash.
    I wnt good representation if Ewing had the intention to show Peter gay he is on the wrong. Respect canon and not do things to get praised by 5 people on twitter. It was a dumb decision from all the ways I can think about it, he undermined his own story to be called "woke". I want a good GOTG to read again, it has nothing to do with homophobia. People need to learn to read negative opinions. Ask the mods to remove me isnt cool at all.
    If he was bi, this would be big news from Marvel. So no.
    Last edited by baxer; 12-11-2020 at 01:04 PM.

Astonishing Member

well Wikipedia wasted no time putting Starlord in the Bisexual fictional character and LGBT characters catergory.