View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1041 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 41541941991103110371038103910401041104210431044104510511091 ... LastLast
Results 15,601 to 15,615 of 16974
    Mighty Member

Honestly, Star Lord being is very obvious. Guy has been bonking across the Galaxy, he has probably had some fine alien guy ass.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

So the descriptions for the main characters in the Eternals movie have been leaked online due to merch that was due to be released this year, and they confirm that we're getting Sersi in love with Ikaris in the movie. I knew I shouldn't expect anything different, but it's still disappointing to see that Marvel had the opportunity to do a bisexual twist in the love triangle of this movie by adapting the Sersi/Makkari relationship from the comics, and they chose to fabricate a Sersi/Ikaris romance out of thin air so we could conveniently have 3 straight protagonists. It's so tiring and uncreative. They went above and beyond to make Sersi and Makkari more diverse in the movie, but then drew the line at making them queer. It really just goes to show how Marvel is still not quite ready to have queer leads in their movies. And yeah, I know we have Phastos and his unnamed husband. But the fact that his husband is unnamed and not even mentioned in Phastos' description tells you everything you need to know about how much of that relationship is going to be at the spotlight.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I mean I've been assuming for a while the love triangle would be Sersi between Ikaris and Dane. The set photos made that obvious.

I think getting upset at a ship that doesn't even exist in the comics is a bit much.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    I mean I've been assuming for a while the love triangle would be Sersi between Ikaris and Dane. The set photos made that obvious.

I think getting upset at a ship that doesn't even exist in the comics is a bit much.
    Agreed. Heck, Sersi and male Makkari in comics have been nothing but a quick booty call anyway. No point bringing that to the films when they’re treating Makkari as essentially a new deaf female character.

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post

I think it's valid to get upset about canon ships being erased for heteronormativity's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Agreed. Heck, Sersi and male Makkari in comics have been nothing but a quick booty call anyway. No point bringing that to the films when they’re treating Makkari as essentially a new deaf female character.
    If the comics relationships don't matter, then we didn't need to have Sersi with Dane either. They were just a 90s thing that didn't exactly lead anywhere. When was the last time we even saw the two of them interacting with each other? But the straight couple gets to be adapted faithfully from the comics, while the gay one doesn't. Makkari being a different character is not an excuse, because literally everyone in this movie is different in one way or another from the comics. If Makkari's personality and role remains more or less similar to the comics, then what exactly is stopping them from developing the same relationships the character had? I think the answer is pretty clear, and that's the issue here.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 12-29-2020 at 11:54 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I think it's valid to get upset about canon ships being erased for heteronormativity's sake.

If the comics don't matter, then we didn't need to have Sersi with Dane either. They were just a 90s thing that didn't exactly lead anywhere. When was the last time we even saw the two of them interacting with each other? But the straight couple gets to be adapted faithfully from the comics, while the gay one doesn't. That's the issue here.
    Which gay couple are you talking about?

Also let’s of straight comics couples don’t get adapted: Natasha/Bucky, Rhodey/Carol, Danny/Misty
    Last edited by Will Evans; 12-29-2020 at 11:56 AM.

Which gay couple?
    Well, just that Sersi and Makkari would be the gay one if they adapted their relationship from the comics.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, just that Sersi and Makkari would be the gay one if they adapted their relationship from the comics.
    The open friends with benefits one? Yeah, I don’t think they’ll adapt that in a 2 hour film.

The open friends with benefits one? Yeah, I don’t think they’ll adapt that in a 2 hour film.
    If I remember from Neil Gaiman's run they were sometimes deeply committed to each other before they had occasional lovers spats and separated.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    If I remember from Neil Gaiman's run they were sometimes deeply committed to each other before they had occasional lovers spats and separated.
    Makkari is pretty much a new character, with the same name and powers as the comic character, but everything else different for the film including history, personality, role, motivation, etc.

When Annette Benning was cast as the MCU Mar-vell, did you think she and Carol Danvers would be lovers?
    Last edited by Will Evans; 12-29-2020 at 12:05 PM.

Makkari is pretty much a new character, with the same name and powers as the comic character, but everything else different for the film including history, personality, role, motivation, etc.
    We don't know that because we haven't seen the movie yet. All the changes made to Makkari, so far, have been superficial. The character looks visually different and has a disability they didn't in the comics, but that's it. There's no way of knowing if personality, role, motivation has changed without more context about the movie.

Extraordinary Member

We don't know that because we haven't seen the movie yet. All the changes made to Makkari, so far, have been superficial. The character looks visually different and has a disability they didn't in the comics, but that's it. There's no way of knowing if personality, role, motivation has changed without more context about the movie.
    There’s a paragraph write up of each character in the Eternals MCU thread.

But I will note, while I don’t think it will be in the movie, I do expect Gillen to touch on it in the upcoming comic.

There’s a paragraph write up of each character in the Eternals MCU thread.

But I will note, while I don’t think it will be in the movie, I do expect Gillen to touch on it in the upcoming comic.
    The fact that Gillen can make Makkari be a black female in the comics and still acknowledge the character's history is all the more proof that the MCU could have done the same in the movies, but just chose not to.

Extraordinary Member

The fact that Gillen can make Makkari be a black female in the comics and still acknowledge the character's history is all the more proof that the MCU could have done the same in the movies, but just chose not to.
    Why would they? It’s a 2 hour movie and they have to compressed a history and plot into it that spans thousands of years.

Makkari/Sersi quick hook up is only a minor footnote at that. Plus Makkari is starting the movie as a deaf female, not changing into one.

None of the MCU films have time to compress all that history in a 2 hour film.

Is there any romance between Ikaris and Sersi in the comics? I don't actually know for sure, but if there's not then a "quick hook up minor footnote super small only happened in one single panel blablabla" still has more base than it and could have fit in a 2 hours movie just as well lol.