View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1051 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 515519511001104110471048104910501051105210531054105510611101 ... LastLast
Results 15,751 to 15,765 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Xavin and Klara never came back.
    Klara came back for a single issue. She's living with a foster family and is quite happy.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Klara came back for a single issue. She's living with a foster family and is quite happy.
    A gay foster family, in fact.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Absolutely. It used to be something of a three way tie between GOTG, X-FACTOR and MARAUDERS for which was Marvel's most LGBT-inclusive book, but GOTG is certainly stepping into the lead now!

Yeah, there has been speculation about Wendell's sexuality for years (including from characters in-story), so it will be interesting to see if Ewing decides to do something with that. There was certainly plenty of subtext between him and Makkari back in the day, and Living Lightning coming out of the closest after living with Wendell for months always made me suspect something happened there too.

I do have a mild worry that if Ewing were to out Wendell that there might be some backlash against him for "making everyone gay" since in the past 12 issues he's outed Quill and gave both Hercules and Noh-Varr their first 100% explicit on-panel confirmation of bisexuality. But with the big jump in LGBT inclusion at Marvel in the past year or so, I guess they wouldn't care even if there is any such backlash.

If Wendell does get outed as bi or gay, that would make three Quasars who have been LGBT. The quantum bands destroyed most other users--which the QUASAR series said was because they were too aggressive, and Wendell lacked the "killer instinct", which is what made the bands accept them. That reason clearly doesn't hold up because both Phyla and Avril were more aggressive types. Maybe the quantum bands can only be used by LGBT people, for some reason.
    They could do an interesting story with that, even going as far as the Kree Nega Bands being made to counter that part too.

Potential problem with that is that Richie used them for a bit when Wendall was dead, so they'd out Nova at the same time and I think people would definitely start shouting if all the cosmic male characters were getting 'gayed up'
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    They could do an interesting story with that, even going as far as the Kree Nega Bands being made to counter that part too.

Potential problem with that is that Richie used them for a bit when Wendall was dead, so they'd out Nova at the same time and I think people would definitely start shouting if all the cosmic male characters were getting 'gayed up'
    Honestly, they oughta just give Arvil her own cosmic WMD. There are barely any female cosmic powerhouses, and riffing off Quasar to riff off Green Lantern doesn't work, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Honestly, they oughta just give Arvil her own cosmic WMD. There are barely any female cosmic powerhouses, and riffing off Quasar to riff off Green Lantern doesn't work, IMO
    I'm pretty surprised she is back at all tbh. She felt like one of those characters we'd just never see again. I can't say I care enough about her right now to have an opinion on where she goes power/costume/name wise.

I agree in principal though. Wendall is Quasar, she can be something else. Pulsar, maybe?

Extraordinary Member

I'm pretty surprised she is back at all tbh. She felt like one of those characters we'd just never see again. I can't say I care enough about her right now to have an opinion on where she goes power/costume/name wise.

I agree in principal though. Wendall is Quasar, she can be something else. Pulsar, maybe?
    We’ve now got three Qausars on the same team at the same time: Wendell, Phyla, and Avril.

That’s got to be a plot point.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    We’ve now got three Qausars on the same team at the same time: Wendell, Phyla, and Avril.

The Phyla that's on the team is from an alternate reality, so she might not have been a Quasar

Extraordinary Member

The Phyla that's on the team is from an alternate reality, so she might not have been a Quasar
    Nothing to indicate she wasn’t though.

Does she even really need a superhero name while on Guardians? A lot of these characters just use their names: Groot, Gamora, Rocket, Drax, Herc

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post

This Phyla is Captain Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Xavin and Klara never came back.
    If the next Runaways arc isn't about finding Xavin I'm gonna be mad. It just sucks that one of the only gender queer characters has been stuck in limbo (presumably imprisoned or being tortured) will Karolina has been chilling with Nico.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    If the next Runaways arc isn't about finding Xavin I'm gonna be mad. It just sucks that one of the only gender queer characters has been stuck in limbo (presumably imprisoned or being tortured) will Karolina has been chilling with Nico.
    I thought they alluded to the idea that Xavin wasn't gender fluid?

Quote Originally Posted by rhaenylis View Post
    This Phyla is Captain Marvel
    Which certainly raises the question of whether we could have more people with that name, and brings us back full circle to giving the name to Teddy as well!

It was a little unclear tbh and also written in the 2000s so I’d love to get a modern writers take on it

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    IF we get a next arc. I suspect the current arc leading to the 100th issue might be the last, so I really, really hope Rainbow Rowell will stop fucking around and just bring Xavin back soon before it's too late. The fact that she brought back literally every former Runaway during her run except for Xavin just doesn't sit right with me.

Xavin's gender identity is something fans have been debating forever, but Rainbow Rowell used they/them pronouns to talk about Xavin, so I think, currently, they think of the character as genderqueer.