View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1056 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 565569561006104610521053105410551056105710581059106010661106 ... LastLast
Results 15,826 to 15,840 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Well that makes the lack of black transwomen in comics from marvel even more ridiculous. This is absolutely not good.
    If it were solely up to writers, Marvel would have a lot more rep across the board than it does, going back to the Claremont days (and possibly farther). How much we actually get is up to editorial and above.
    Last edited by Anduinel; 03-14-2021 at 11:31 PM.

I agree the xmen are long overdue for trans representation. Hopefully when they appear they get the full treatment and not just a one off character

Extraordinary Member

Dr McGowan is a consistent trans character in Immortal Hulk.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Vita Ayala and Danny Lore are both trans writers.
    Both Vita and Danny identify as non-binary, as far as I know.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Well that makes the lack of black transwomen in comics from marvel even more ridiculous. This is absolutely not good.
    Marvel does have a trans WOC character; Sera. I'm not sure if she's supposed to be black or brown, but she definitely has non-white skin. She was also probably the most prominent trans character Marvel ever had for as long as she was being published in the Angela books. These days, however, she's been in limbo 'cause writers just don't seem to know how to fit her in Marvel's norse lore, unfortunately. Which is why I'm hoping whatever Kieron Gillen (her creator) is writing for Marvel's Voices: Pride will include her. If there's someone who can probably do something good with her, it's Gillen.

That being said, Sera's not nearly enough trans representation. Marvel definitely needs to do better in that department.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

They aren't major characters, but Ayala has confirmed that most of the Prisoner X characters who have been appearing in New Mutants are either trans or non-binary on their twitter.

Marvel is creating a new gay Captain America. Probably only for this one issue as it looks like each issue if the mini will have a "new Captain America", but the fact that the first one will be a gay teen us something.

https://www.cbr.com/marvel-introduce...ptain-america/

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Marvel is creating a new gay Captain America. Probably only for this one issue as it looks like each issue if the mini will have a "new Captain America", but the fact that the first one will be a gay teen us something.

Well, that's something. Here's hoping the character can become an ongoing supporting character in Cap stories in the future.

Astonishing Member

When I saw the headline I just thought oh lordy people will be triggered by saying there is a gay Captain America. Anyway hope he can have his own identity and be an interesting addition on his own right and stick around. Up to the writers to make him compelling.

Ooh that's cute. I already want him to have a Bucky as a love interest.

Astonishing Member

There was a new GAMMA FLIGHT miniseries announced today which will include trans woman Dr. Charlene McGowan as one of the team. The book is also co-written by a trans writer, I believe.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    There was a new GAMMA FLIGHT miniseries announced today which will include trans woman Dr. Charlene McGowan as one of the team. The book is also co-written by a trans writer, I believe.
    Yes, Crystal Frasier.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

I will probably never buy a Captain America comic, but I guess it's nice that there will be a new gay character. I don't love that the new character will be so patriotic, which is weird because it doesn't really bother me with MAC. Maybe it's just my natural reaction to be distrustful of white guys with an american flag tattoo. I wish I liked Jan Bazaldua's art.

Crystal Frasier is also writing a She Hulk story in the Voices: Pride comic that will feature a trans character.

I love this! I have always loved Captain America and the fact that he doesn't stand for what we've done or who we currently are as a nation, but what we can become. Having a gay "captain" will be a fascinating addition, no matter how brief. This is an absolute win!

I think it’s fabulous. Also, I’m a massive train fan so I’m happy on both accounts haha. Can’t wait to read his issue, hope he sticks around

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I hope they turn Charlene into a superhero. It's nice to have a trans character in a supporting civilian role and all, but when we have so few trans characters, they should be doing as much as possible to make them stand out, so making them an actual hero in their own right could help with that.