View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 1061 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 615619611011105110571058105910601061106210631064106510711111 ... LastLast
Results 15,901 to 15,915 of 16966
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I really like his design. Feels very ethereal. Somnus/Hypnos is apparently the god of sleep in roman/greek mythology, so I wonder if he's gonna be a part of that lore. Maybe he'll be Marvel's version of Sandman?
    But isn’t that what Sleepwalker already is?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Yeah, but, who?

Sleepwalker's failed to stick harder than Darkhawk, and that's some D-Man level dire, right there.

Also D-Man's name, now that he's gay, is ten times more hilarious than it already was.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I like the cape, the matador inspired suit not so much. Teal with gold piping is a choice. If they want this character to be used outside of this one shot, I'm not sure it was a great idea to task the artist who was universally panned for his new New Warriors designs.
    I don't think it was really the designs of the new New Warriors that were getting panned -- it was the code names they were given and the character descriptions.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Sort of, but I feel like Sleepwalker will always be limited as a character because of the whole ''can only actively exist while his host is sleeping'' thing. Having a character who is an actual part of a pantheon of gods feels more like Sandman to me than a dream cop who shared his body with a college student. And it's not like Marvel doesn't have multiple characters who fill similar roles in their universes. The Hell Lords, the Fear Lords... There is a whole Dream Dimension out there, so it makes sense to me that multiple characters related to that concept could exist.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I don't think it was really the designs of the new New Warriors that were getting panned -- it was the code names they were given and the character descriptions.
    It was the names and descriptions that caused the hate on the first place, but some of the hate extended to the designs too. Back when the controversy was at its peak, there was this trend of ''recreating'' the designs of those characters as a way to ''fix'' them. Luciano ended up catching some strays as a result, but I think it's mostly over now. I haven't seen anyone bringing up the New Warriors stuff in relation to Somnus yet, so I think the majority of people don't even remember he was attached to the project anymore. And most of the hate was coming from people who don't follow Luciano's work and would probably never pick up any of his books anyway, so I don't think it matters.

I kinda like the design. I wonder if the character is just for the special or if they'll be launched into another title afterwards. Looks about the right age for Champions.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    This is/may be the new character getting introduced at Pride does he not remind anyone else of Billy/Wiccan?
    Somnus definitely has all the hallmarks I've come to love about original creations of Luciano Vecchio!

And am I imagining things, or does his outfit plus cape evoke Matador imagery?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yeah, the designs were fire, as per usual.

And on a personal level, I would have rather actually had the comic and read it myself, rather than the screech-fest that ended up coming to pass. Judge the story after it's been told, not before.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Yeah, the designs were fire, as per usual.

And on a personal level, I would have rather actually had the comic and read it myself, rather than the screech-fest that ended up coming to pass. Judge the story after it's been told, not before.
    I'm actually highly upset it got all that marketing just to go unreleased it left me curious & lowkey pissed they just caved to fans bitching & being literal Snowflakes in what should have been Marvel's Safespace..........

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    I'm actually highly upset it got all that marketing just to go unreleased it left me curious & lowkey pissed they just caved to fans bitching & being literal Snowflakes in what should have been Marvel's Safespace..........
    Completely agreed. And it's especially upsetting when I think about how, regardless of presumed quality, it's ultimately cost us a Marvel book that would have had loads of LGBTQIA+ rep and other POC rep and non-conforming rep.

I really wanted to read it and judge it for my own self. It could have been a great experience, but fear-mongering from fans (including a likely stoking of the fire from haters) means no one will ever truly know.
    Last edited by J. D. Guy; 05-10-2021 at 09:41 AM.

X-Factor is ending with issue 10. That sucks. The book was such a great space for LGBTQ characters (and I felt like maybe was leading into something with Rachel Grey, too). The characters are supposed to be a part of the Trial of Magneto mini, though.

Relegated to background characters in a limited series isn't much of a consolation prize.

It does say they'll be investigating and this is still Williams writing them. This could be the next step in her plan with a rebrand to get others on board.

More info on Somnus! He's a mutant who had a connection with an X-Man long ago and has been resurrected on Krakoa. https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=118380065

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

It sounds like Somnus will have died some time ago and will be resurrected on Krakoa. That could be a bit dodgy if he was the victim of a hate crime or a similarly violent death. I was hoping he would be trans, and he still may be, but it seems like if he was going to be they would have asked a trans writer to tell his story.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    X-Factor is ending with issue 10. That sucks. The book was such a great space for LGBTQ characters (and I felt like maybe was leading into something with Rachel Grey, too). The characters are supposed to be a part of the Trial of Magneto mini, though.
    We're also losing the trans storyline Leah promised she would do. :\

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    More info on Somnus! He's a mutant who had a connection with an X-Man long ago and has been resurrected on Krakoa. https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=118380065
    Well, that's interesting. Although that makes me fear he's just gonna fade away after this one-shot, since Steve Orlando is not attached to any upcoming X-title. But hopefully they have plans for him.