View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1066 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 665669661016105610621063106410651066106710681069107010761116 ... LastLast
Results 15,976 to 15,990 of 16973
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Haven't been following the X-verse stuff since Sina Grace's Iceman runs and (ironically enough) the general Inhuman push ended.

Which character was revealed as LGBT+?
    Loa. She seems to be developing a crush on Mercury....which may not work out well for her, since Mercury is still with Bling!, as far as I know.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Loa. She seems to be developing a crush on Mercury....which may not work out well for her, since Mercury is still with Bling!, as far as I know.
    Ah, okay.

Thanks!

https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-v...overs-preview/

Previews are out for Mariko Tamaki & Kris Anka's Nico/Karolina story and Kieron Gillen & Jen Hickman's Prodigy/Speed story!

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    https://www.gamesradar.com/marvels-v...overs-preview/

Previews are out for Mariko Tamaki & Kris Anka's Nico/Karolina story and Kieron Gillen & Jen Hickman's Prodigy/Speed story!
    Nico showing it's not just DC ladies who rock fishnets .

Astonishing Member

Jessie Drake will be appearing in marvels pride

Bobby was so gay I don't blame him lol

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Black Panther #25 - Prodigy (and various other black superheroes) appear in the finale of Ta-Nehisi Coates' run on the series.

Maestro: War & Pax #5 of 5 - Hector and the Pantheon appear in the back up story.

Marvels #2 - Black Cat is in this issue, and we learn that new character Kevin Schumer (nephew of the Tinkerer) lives with his two gay dads.

New Mutants #18 - Karma gets some spotlight in this issue, and various other LGBT mutants make appearances too--notably Anole and Scout.

Reptil #1 - Reptil's cousin Julian, who is now his roommate since he's moved in with his family, is gay or bisexual

X-Men #20 - Mystique is focused on here.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Some thoughts:

Really curious to see Gillen's take on Thinkfast today. I wonder if he imagined the ship would've gotten this far (or even happened at all). His standalone issue for Tommy was one of my favorites and probably one of the best pieces of character development Tommy has ever had, so I'm glad we're getting more of Tommy's POV by Gillen.

Is Anthony gonna retcon Iceman to have had a crush on Angel on the early X-Men days? Because I support that 100%.

Glad we're getting a Mystique/Destiny story. SOMEONE needs to give us this sapphic content since the current X-Men won't.

JESSIE DRAKE is getting used again? Wow. Maybe this is the trans story that Leah promised she'd tell on X-Factor before the book got cancelled? If it is, I'm glad she found a way to do it. Kind of a random to have her with Black Cat, but this is great regardless.

Not to be shady, but I'm glad we're getting someone other than Rainbow Rowell writing Deanoru, 'cause at least it means there's a chance they'll acknowledge Xavin. lol

I found it interesting that they got Crystal Frasier, a trans writer, on a Titania/She-Hulk story and what exactly was the context for this since they seem to be going with queer creators for queer characters. So I went to Twitter and found out that Crystal is writing a trans She-Hulk in this story, but she clarifies this is not the 616 Jen. So I'm guessing this is an AU Jen, or maybe a new character altogether who takes on the She-Hulk identity. Crystal also implied this story might not really be canon and she doesn't know if the other stories in this one-shot are... which is kinda disappointing. Not the best way to promote your queer content by making it ''not really matter''. Stick to your guns, Marvel! If they didn't have the balls for a canon trans Jen, they could've at least outed another character, like, idk, Lyra's She-Hulk. Or made a new Red She-Hulk who's trans. At least something that could still be used in the future stories instead of being discarded the minute this one-shot ends.

I hope AT LEAST the Heinberg/Cheung story will matter. They would not be inviting those two back if their story was not going to be canon... right? And the fact that it was the only one without a preview. THE TEASE.

It's like every corner of the MU is being represented except FF. The team really is where diversity goes to die...

The situation with Jen is really weird. Wouldn't it better to create a trans hero instead of this half-hearted attempt at representation? If it isn't canon then why do it in this book that is meant to celebrate LGBT characters? Feels lazy and cowardly to me.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    Really curious to see Gillen's take on Thinkfast today. I wonder if he imagined the ship would've gotten this far (or even happened at all). His standalone issue for Tommy was one of my favorites and probably one of the best pieces of character development Tommy has ever had, so I'm glad we're getting more of Tommy's POV by Gillen.
    Yeah, its definitely cool that he is back to play with those two.

Is Anthony gonna retcon Iceman to have had a crush on Angel on the early X-Men days? Because I support that 100%.
    I don't think its even really a retcon--wasn't there already a reference to Bobby thinking Angel is hot back when Teen Iceman was still around?

Glad we're getting a Mystique/Destiny story. SOMEONE needs to give us this sapphic content since the current X-Men won't.
    Absolutely. There is so much room for great untold tales in their past!

Not to be shady, but I'm glad we're getting someone other than Rainbow Rowell writing Deanoru, 'cause at least it means there's a chance they'll acknowledge Xavin. lol
    A chance...but maybe not likely, given we're talking about a self-contained short story.

I found it interesting that they got Crystal Frasier, a trans writer, on a Titania/She-Hulk story and what exactly was the context for this since they seem to be going with queer creators for queer characters. So I went to Twitter and found out that Crystal is writing a trans She-Hulk in this story, but she clarifies this is not the 616 Jen. So I'm guessing this is an AU Jen, or maybe a new character altogether who takes on the She-Hulk identity. Crystal also implied this story might not really be canon and she doesn't know if the other stories in this one-shot are... which is kinda disappointing. Not the best way to promote your queer content by making it ''not really matter''. Stick to your guns, Marvel! If they didn't have the balls for a canon trans Jen, they could've at least outed another character, like, idk, Lyra's She-Hulk. Or made a new Red She-Hulk who's trans. At least something that could still be used in the future stories instead of being discarded the minute this one-shot ends.
    I'm sure all of the other stories are intended to be 616 continuity. Crystal Frasier's comment was that she's "not sure" how canon the anthologies are in general -- meaning that she honestly wasn't sure; not that she had reason to believe it was non-canon. Unless there is something in the story to suggest it is non-616, its usually safe to assume it IS -- and all of the other writers so far have talked like their stories are in-continuity, and preview art for most of the stories seems to reflect current continuity, etc. It just appears to be just this one story that is doing something different--because Crystal Frasier wanted to do something with She-Hulk because of how much the character meant to her growing up. We'll just have to wait and see the story to get a better sense of what's going on; whether this story has an actual trans She-Hulk, or if She-Hulk's transformations are being used as some sort of metaphor.

I did also note that Frasier always referred to the trans character in the story as "Jenn", whereas She-Hulk has always gone by "Jen". Not sure if that is just a typo on her part, or if perhaps it is a clue of some sort.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    It's like every corner of the MU is being represented except FF. The team really is where diversity goes to die...
    Adding diversity to the FF has always been a bit of a challenge just given the nature of the team, between the set member limit in their name and the expectation of family connection. Wyatt Wingfoot is the only one who has really stuck around long term (and even he comes and goes). The substitute members are always temporary--and most minority supporting characters, like Tong or Alyssa Moy, etc, tend to disappear once the creative team changes.

She-Hulk's story sort of gives us a bit of FF presence though. The adult Avengers are also underrepresented here. We've got various Young Avengers members, but the various adult Avengers like Moondragon, Living Lightning, Hercules, D-Man, Toni Ho and Pod II, etc, are all absent here.

Adding diversity to the FF has always been a bit of a challenge just given the nature of the team, between the set member limit in their name and the expectation of family connection. Wyatt Wingfoot is the only one who has really stuck around long term (and even he comes and goes). The substitute members are always temporary--and most minority supporting characters, like Tong or Alyssa Moy, etc, tend to disappear once the creative team changes.

She-Hulk's story sort of gives us a bit of FF presence though. The adult Avengers are also underrepresented here. We've got various Young Avengers members, but the various adult Avengers like Moondragon, Living Lightning, Hercules, D-Man, Toni Ho and Pod II, etc, are all absent here.
    I get that. It's just frustrating and with the kids older now and likely wanting to date people, I don't see why they should be straight. I want Johnny to be revealed as bi, but know that's the slimmest of chances that happens. But Franklin and Valeria are practically blank slates and can easily be queer.

I'm still mad at the wasted opportunity to elevate Living Lightning after No Surrender. It was the perfect set-up for him to get a push and no longer be a character that's rarely seen.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I get that. It's just frustrating and with the kids older now and likely wanting to date people, I don't see why they should be straight. I want Johnny to be revealed as bi, but know that's the slimmest of chances that happens. But Franklin and Valeria are practically blank slates and can easily be queer.

I'm still mad at the wasted opportunity to elevate Living Lightning after No Surrender. It was the perfect set-up for him to get a push and no longer be a character that's rarely seen.
    In the latest Marvel Zombies mini series (as usual in an alternate universe), didn’t they hint that teen Valeria and Viv Vision were together?

Yeah, its definitely cool that he is back to play with those two.

I don't think its even really a retcon--wasn't there already a reference to Bobby thinking Angel is hot back when Teen Iceman was still around?

Absolutely. There is so much room for great untold tales in their past!

A chance...but maybe not likely, given we're talking about a self-contained short story.

I'm sure all of the other stories are intended to be 616 continuity. Crystal Frasier's comment was that she's "not sure" how canon the anthologies are in general -- meaning that she honestly wasn't sure; not that she had reason to believe it was non-canon. Unless there is something in the story to suggest it is non-616, its usually safe to assume it IS -- and all of the other writers so far have talked like their stories are in-continuity, and preview art for most of the stories seems to reflect current continuity, etc. It just appears to be just this one story that is doing something different--because Crystal Frasier wanted to do something with She-Hulk because of how much the character meant to her growing up. We'll just have to wait and see the story to get a better sense of what's going on; whether this story has an actual trans She-Hulk, or if She-Hulk's transformations are being used as some sort of metaphor.

I did also note that Frasier always referred to the trans character in the story as "Jenn", whereas She-Hulk has always gone by "Jen". Not sure if that is just a typo on her part, or if perhaps it is a clue of some sort.

Yeah I've always found the refusal to make Franklin or Valeria queer to be so frustrating. It's such an easy way to add permanent diversity to the FF. (Also think Ahura in the Inhumans was a good choice for that)

Bobby's crush on Warren is already canon actually! It's one of the first things O5 Bobby asks adult Bobby about haha. And it comes up in Iceman's solo run too! Bobby clearly has a thing for blonds...