View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1073 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 735739731023106310691070107110721073107410751076107710831123 ... LastLast
Results 16,081 to 16,095 of 16972

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Love that for us!!

Excelsior! May he find confidence and acceptance from friends, family, and the community as a whole!

I am so glad he set himself free. If universally we all on some level crave happiness it has to be as real as love and everybody deserves to embrace both.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Congratulations to Al Ewing, for feeling free to be open with his truth and embrace who he is. Welcome to the 'family'!

Extraordinary Member

For my own sake and time, I’m trying to remember all the LGBT characters he’s written.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    For my own sake and time, I’m trying to remember all the LGBT characters he’s written.
    Off the top of my head:

Loki
    Miss America
    Hercules
    Noh-Varr
    Toni Ho(also creator)
    Pod/Enigma
    Moondragon
    Quasar
    Star-Lord
    Wiccan
    Hulkling
    Phya-Vell
    Cloud
    Charlene McGowan(also creator)

Also had Sunspot as the leader of his Avengers team, who is always being contested as LGBT by fans.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Off the top of my head:

Loki
    Miss America
    Hercules
    Noh-Varr
    Toni Ho(also creator)
    Pod/Enigma
    Moondragon
    Quasar
    Star-Lord
    Wiccan
    Hulkling
    Phya-Vell
    Cloud

Also had Sunspot as the leader of his Avengers team, who is always being contested as LGBT by fans.
    Thanks. I think he wrote Valkyrie too.

Incredible Member

Marvel's SWORD Preview Teases New Alliances and Chaos in The Last Annihilation Tie-In (Exclusive)

https://comicbook.com/comics/amp/new...mpression=true

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Off the top of my head:

Loki
    Miss America
    Hercules
    Noh-Varr
    Toni Ho(also creator)
    Pod/Enigma
    Moondragon
    Quasar
    Star-Lord
    Wiccan
    Hulkling
    Phya-Vell
    Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Thanks. I think he wrote Valkyrie too.
    All of those are correct.

He also wrote (Living) Lightning in the AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER weekly series, and a cameo in the AVENGERS: NO ROAD HOME.

Koi Boi (and Nancy Whitehead) guest starred in an issue of his NEW AVENGERS run.

During his stint co-writing JANE FOSTER: VALKYRIE he had Lisa Halloran (America Chavez' ex) as a supporting character, and had a guest appearance by Dr. Annabelle Riggs.

He used Giant-Man (Raz Maholtra) in a couple of issues of ULTIMATES

In ROYALS he wrote Jovana Swain and Panachea, as well as an appearance by Dara Ko Eke.

Angela guest starred in a crossover in his LOKI book.

He wrote the YOU ARE DEADPOOL choose your own adventure miniseries too, obviously starring Deadpool.

Since he's writing an X-book in the Krakoa era, he'll also have various cameos of LGBT mutants since they all tend to pop up here and there in various books. And he at least had a cameo by Speed at Wiccan and Hulkling's wedding.

Not sure if that's everyone now, but its probably close.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Black Cat Annual - Black Cat teams up White Fox and other Korean heroes for this chapter of the "Infinite Destinies" storyline

Eternals #5 - Sprite has been reborn as a female in this volume.

United States Of Captain America #1 of 5 - Aaron Fisher, the gay Captain America, makes his debut appearance in the main story and has his origin story in a back-up feature.

X-Factor #10 - unfortunately this is the series finale for this very LGBT-inclusive book, although the cast will be going on to appear in the TRIAL OF MAGNETO mini spinning out of this issue's cliffhanger. Prodigy gets a lot of panel time since this issue works hard to resolve as many of the series' dangling plot threads as possible.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

I gotta say I really hope the Loki show is not actually thinking of giving us this Loki/Sylvie romance because, on top of being a terrible idea, it really reeks of heteronormativity. Like, all that talk about how important it was to represent Loki's queerness, when in reality it seems like a female Loki only exists to give him a straight romance? It would at least be something if both Lokis were actually shown to be genderfluid, but that's not even the case, since they both don't seem to present as anything other than M/F. It really seems like the most heteronormative way to do queer representation, and I hate it. If Sylvie was a male Loki variant, I doubt this would ever even be considered. But since she's not... of course we have to drag romance into it. Ugh.

I knew this king was too good to be straight! I mean, not trying to be that person that says cis-het people can't care about queer representation, but I honestly never saw a cis-het writer who cared to include us as much as Ewing has done. It's not that surprising he's family, let's be real.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas 35 View Post
    Marvel's SWORD Preview Teases New Alliances and Chaos in The Last Annihilation Tie-In (Exclusive)

https://comicbook.com/comics/amp/new...mpression=true

I like the way his hair is drawn here.

And Captain Glory... we know things won't end well for the poor dude.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-03-2021 at 10:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I gotta say I really hope the Loki show is not actually thinking of giving us this Loki/Sylvie romance because, on top of being a terrible idea, it really reeks of heteronormativity. Like, all that talk about how important it was to represent Loki's queerness, when in reality it seems like a female Loki only exists to give him a straight romance? It would at least be something if both Lokis were actually shown to be genderfluid, but that's not even the case, since they both don't seem to present as anything other than M/F. It really seems like the most heteronormative way to do queer representation, and I hate it. If Sylvie was a male Loki variant, I doubt this would ever even be considered. But since she's not... of course we have to drag romance into it. Ugh.
    Well, I don't know how heteronormative it is when they're treating it a little like self-cest, but...

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Well, I don't know how heteronormative it is when they're treating it a little like self-cest, but...
    They're only treating it as ''self-cest'' in the sense that Sylvie is a Loki variant, but the show is obviously going above and beyond to show us she is essentially different from Loki. They even had her being female during a childhood flashback to really set her apart from him. I'll bite my tongue if there is some queer twist in there (like Sylvie possibly being trans like it's been discussed), but so far... it seems like they are really playing it safe and resorting to a cis-heteronormative kind of angle even when they have two characters who could defy those concepts. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I just can't help but feel like this is something Disney would definitely do. Like, they wanna do representation, but they're not ready to go all in yet, so they have to do something that doesn't scare away certain audiences.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    They're only treating it as ''self-cest'' in the sense that Sylvie is a Loki variant, but the show is obviously going above and beyond to show us she is essentially different from Loki. They even had her being female during a childhood flashback to really set her apart from him. I'll bite my tongue if there is some queer twist in there (like Sylvie possibly being trans like it's been discussed), but so far... it seems like they are really playing it safe and resorting to a cis-heteronormative kind of angle even when they have two characters who could defy those concepts. Hopefully I'm wrong, but I just can't help but feel like this is something Disney would definitely do. Like, they wanna do representation, but they're not ready to go all in yet, so they have to do something that doesn't scare away certain audiences.
    Well, they're kind of trying to have it both ways in the sense that Loki is in love with himself but this version of him is enough of her own person separate from him but it's not exactly that...which just makes it sound more confusing .

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

People are just mad because they didn't pair him with Mobius