View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1074 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 745749741024106410701071107210731074107510761077107810841124 ... LastLast
Results 16,096 to 16,110 of 16971
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    People are just mad because they didn't pair him with Mobius
    I... don't care about Mobius at all. Sylvie/Loki still comes off as a shitty and lazy pairing.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-05-2021 at 11:42 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Off the top of my head:

Loki
    Miss America
    Hercules
    Noh-Varr
    Toni Ho(also creator)
    Pod/Enigma
    Moondragon
    Quasar

Star-Lord
    Wiccan
    Hulkling
    Phya-Vell
    Cloud
    Charlene McGowan(also creator)

Also had Sunspot as the leader of his Avengers team, who is always being contested as LGBT by fans.
    What title and issue confirmed Star-Lord is LGBT?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    While I can't tell you the issue number, it was a recent Guardians issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    This may be what they talking about.

Guardians of the Galaxy #9 latest series

Quote Originally Posted by Kingkalamari View Post
    Off the top of my head:

Loki
    Miss America
    Hercules
    Noh-Varr
    Toni Ho(also creator)
    Pod/Enigma
    Moondragon
    Quasar
    Star-Lord
    Wiccan
    Hulkling
    Phya-Vell
    Cloud
    Charlene McGowan(also creator)

Also had Sunspot as the leader of his Avengers team, who is always being contested as LGBT by fans.
    Cloud has made a recent appearance?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    Cloud has made a recent appearance?
    She'll be in his upcoming Defenders

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    She'll be in his upcoming Defenders
    Thanks. Never thought I'd see them in anything again other than crowd shots of Marvel LGBTQ+ characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

Black Cat Annual - Black Cat teams up White Fox and other Korean heroes for this chapter of the "Infinite Destinies" storyline

Eternals #5 - Sprite has been reborn as a female in this volume.

United States Of Captain America #1 of 5 - Aaron Fisher, the gay Captain America, makes his debut appearance in the main story and has his origin story in a back-up feature.

X-Factor #10 - unfortunately this is the series finale for this very LGBT-inclusive book, although the cast will be going on to appear in the TRIAL OF MAGNETO mini spinning out of this issue's cliffhanger. Prodigy gets a lot of panel time since this issue works hard to resolve as many of the series' dangling plot threads as possible.
    X-Factor's been getting a lot of criticism online and I gotta be honest, I agree. I feel the stuff was well intentioned but the entire Ed Buck plot just struck me as very Law & Order "Ripped from the headlines!" in a way I felt was kinda inappropriate.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

America Chavez: Made In The USA #4 of 5 - We get to see more of America's moms in flashbacks to the newly revealed backstory of America's past and the true nature of the Utopia Parallel

Captain America #30 - Toni Ho appears in this final issue of Ta-Nehisi Coates' run.

Children Of The Atom #5 - one of the new kids is a lesbian, and another is asexual

Hellions #13 - Prodigy has a cameo in the form of a report he wrote that is a data page in the book.

Runaways #37

Thor & Loki: Double Trouble #4 of 4 - this issue has female Loki as well as male Loki

You know... one good thing about the America Chavez retcon is that now I don't have to think about why Billy's idea of a utopia is a place where there is no gender diversity. I know how a Marvel version of Themyscira may sound like a #girlboss thing, but I think it really cheapens the concept of a perfect society if people are not allowed to identify as anything other than one gender. Thesmyscira at least has the excuse of being an old society, but Billy creating a whole new world, years in the future, and not allowing trans/genderqueer people to exist in it is just... not a good idea. That always bothered me, so good riddance to that.

Now all I need is for someone to write a Demiurge story where we are introduced to the REAL Utopian Parallel, where people of all genders and sexes are welcome and live in perfect harmony. Thank you very much.

---

Speaking of gender, I think I pretty much give up on the Loki show giving us good queer rep, honestly. Classic Loki's disgusted reaction to the idea of a female Loki on the last episode really seals the deal for me, and just highlights what I was talking about this show being written with a very cis-heteronormative perspective. It just sucks, 'cause they could be doing so much better with the material they have in hands. Let's hope things improve on the alleged second season.

Funnily enough, Victoria Alonso promised more queer rep is coming to the MCU, and I love how she specifically says they are not going to nail it on the first few attempts. Definitely sounds like she is covering their asses from the inevitable criticism people are gonna have about Loki and Eternals, I guess. In a way, I'm glad Young Avengers is being saved up for the future for that reason. By the time they arrive, maybe they'll have improved enough to not mess up one of the Marvel's most queer franchises.
    Last edited by Drops Of Venus; 07-10-2021 at 05:25 AM.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    I... don't care about Mobius at all. Sylvie/Loki still comes off as a shitty and lazy pairing.
    Sylvia is good.

But the LGBT Loki will happen when Kid Loki escapes the void and later joins up with the Young Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Sylvia is good.

But the LGBT Loki will happen when Kid Loki escapes the void and later joins up with the Young Avengers.
    I have no problem with Sylvie. I have a problem with the show trying to force a potential romantic relationship between her and Loki when there is no need, or romantic chemistry for that matter.

As for Kid Loki being queer... that would be welcome in the future, but that's moving goalposts when that's not what THIS show promised us. They made a point to make the main Loki specifically bisexual and genderfluid, and then failed to deliver on BOTH. I think it's fair to criticize them for it.

I have no problem with Sylvie. I have a problem with the show trying to force a potential romantic relationship between her and Loki when there is no need, or romantic chemistry for that matter.

As for Kid Loki being queer... that would be welcome in the future, but that's moving goalposts when that's not what THIS show promised us. They made a point to make the main Loki specifically bisexual and genderfluid, and then failed to deliver on BOTH. I think it's fair to criticize them for it.
    Totally agree.

Marvel's Voices: Pride got a second printing, and I'm LIVING for the cover.

Gonna need a tagless version to be my phone wallpaper.

Yeah I don't understand why Loki and Sylvie can't just be friends. I was talking to a friend about this, but I find it very off-putting that right after Loki is confirmed as queer they put him in this odd semi-incestuous relationship. It's like the opposite of normalization. Wish I could explain it more, but it's just off to me.
    Last edited by Kingdom X; 07-13-2021 at 04:19 AM.