View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1077 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 775779771027106710731074107510761077107810791080108110871127 ... LastLast
Results 16,141 to 16,155 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    X-men need improvement with females on that. It’s pretty telling that their queerest book X-Factor, has no outed females.
    Agreed. I personally think if they confirmed Kitty and then revealed Rachel and Magik as queer for a classic love triangle, it would make a big difference to Marvel's overall representation.

I would also like to see reveals for bi Johnny Storm and Gambit. Those 5 are on my personal wishlist.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by maxhilary View Post
    Agreed. I personally think if they confirmed Kitty and then revealed Rachel and Magik as queer for a classic love triangle, it would make a big difference to Marvel's overall representation.

I would also like to see reveals for bi Johnny Storm and Gambit. Those 5 are on my personal wishlist.

“When you know – and you’ll know – take that leap. Don’t wait fer stronger shielding. Be brave, Johnny Storm.” - Benn Grimm (Fantastic Four, Vol. 6, issue 5)

I would like to see Johnny in a romantic relationship with Wyatt Wingfoot... will it ever happen dear Marvel?
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    given the recent DC news, which company do we feel has a better representation of LGBTQ characters?

neither? about the same? Do both need improvement?
    Both need improvement, but Marvel is doing much better in my eyes. It was noticeable to me how few of the characters in DC's Pride special were appearing regularly in ongoing books at the time it was announced vs. in Marvel's. Making Tim Drake queer means nothing if we're not going to see him appear regularly.

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Both need improvement, but Marvel is doing much better in my eyes. It was noticeable to me how few of the characters in DC's Pride special were appearing regularly in ongoing books at the time it was announced vs. in Marvel's. Making Tim Drake queer means nothing if we're not going to see him appear regularly.
    I liked DC’s Pride issue more, but honestly those creators probably knew that this was there one-shot to do some of these characters justice before they went back to limbo.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay

America Chavez: Made In America #5 of 5 - the rather controversial mini concludes. I have to admit that I am not really bothered by some of the retcons to her backstory -- but I am not a fan of the status quo America was left in at the end of the story.

Children Of The Atom #6 - this appears to be the series finale and it is also a late chapter to the Hellfire Gala event.

Defenders #1 of 5 - Cloud is part of the new team of Defenders Dr. Strange assembles for this mission

Miles Morales: Spider-Man #29 - Miles' friend Kenneth Kingston is non-binary and they design Miles' new Spider-Man costume

Runaways #38/100 - another series finale! Lots of endings this past week.
    Last edited by Dermie; 08-15-2021 at 04:26 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    They need to stop giving America Chavez solo comics, because every time they do, I hate them and they ruin the character just a little more for me.

I mean either that or just not make them terrible. But they can't seem to do that, so...
    Yeah. I’m ignoring this &@$”!? mini as canon.

And I don’t care.

Loki's coming out in the series wasn't a convincing one, was it?

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

You know... I was thinking about that Eternals trailer. There is this moment when Sersi is talking about how they were never allowed to interfere with humanity, and then they cut to this scene of Phastos crying his eyes out with Ajak apparently comforting him. Why do I get the terrible feeling this movie is gonna end up killing his husband? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post
    You know... I was thinking about that Eternals trailer. There is this moment when Sersi is talking about how they were never allowed to interfere with humanity, and then they cut to this scene of Phastos crying his eyes out with Ajak apparently comforting him. Why do I get the terrible feeling this movie is gonna end up killing his husband? Ugh.
    I don't think DisMarvel could survive that kind of bad optics. At worst maybe his husband gets kidnapped by the Deviants or something.

I could see it

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

This past week was probably the gayest week of the month in terms of number of LGBT characters making appearances!

Black Cat #9 - part 2 of the "Infinity Score" storyline with Felicia going after the hosts of the Infinity Stones

Gamma Flight #3 of 5 - Dr. McGowan is part of the team

Guardians Of The Galaxy #17 - No Wiccan, Hulkling or Phyla in this issue, but we still have Moondragon, Quasar (Avril) and Star-Lord

Marauders #23 - some of the regular team are occupied elsewhere in this issue, so we see Jumbo Carnation and Tempo filling in! It was cool to see Jumbo get a chance to get into the action for some field work. Tempo is invited to join the team full time. She hasn't been officially outed as LGBT in 616 continuity as of yet--but if she IS LGBT, maybe she could be a love interest for Kate Pryde...?

The Marvels #4 - Black Cat is part of the cast for this arc.

Way Of X #5 - Pixie and Loa make appearances

X-Corp #4

The Trial Of Magneto #1 of 5 - X-Factor investigates the murder of the Scarlet Witch. Speed gets a scene as well, and Mystique and Kate Pryde are involved in the Quiet Council scene.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I don't think DisMarvel could survive that kind of bad optics. At worst maybe his husband gets kidnapped by the Deviants or something.
    Couldn't they? It's not like his husband is gonna be a super important character. If they were introducing a major queer hero from the comics and killed them off on their first appearance, then yeah, I would agree that would look bad. But I think they probably can get away with doing it to a minor human civilian character.

Couldn't they? It's not like his husband is gonna be a super important character. If they were introducing a major queer hero from the comics and killed them off on their first appearance, then yeah, I would agree that would look bad. But I think they probably can get away with doing it to a minor human civilian character.
    They can definitely get away with it with minimal complaint honestly 1 the eternal are mostly unknowns, 2 the character isn't relevant, now say fast-forward a couple years Young Avengers the first Movie, they kill off Teddy & or Billy just because that would be problematic as fuck.

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    “When you know – and you’ll know – take that leap. Don’t wait fer stronger shielding. Be brave, Johnny Storm.” - Benn Grimm (Fantastic Four, Vol. 6, issue 5)

I would like to see Johnny in a romantic relationship with Wyatt Wingfoot... will it ever happen dear Marvel?
    I'm waiting to see the payoff of that speech because it definitely ain't Sky or Victorious...

Talking about how the X-Men need better LGBT+ representation, well the FF are the only major team completely devoid of it.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I'm waiting to see the payoff of that speech because it definitely ain't Sky or Victorious...

Talking about how the X-Men need better LGBT+ representation, well the FF are the only major team completely devoid of it.
    I think Johnny will be a hetero mucho macho (ŕ la Chris Evans version) in the FF movie reboot, thus, I'm not hoping that comic book Johnny will ever be written other than straight.

Or... it's possible that he will be a teenager in the movie (bc Tom Holland's Peter Parker is a high school student) & Marvel would be more willing to give a coming out plot to Johnny - if it happened there would be a higher probability of comic book Johnny to come out as well.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)