View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1098 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 98598998104810881094109510961097109810991100110111021108 ... LastLast
Results 16,456 to 16,470 of 16972
    The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I don't know why they released the Iron Man/Black Cat book the same week with the Iron Man/Hellcat book.
    Now I actually have to read the solicits.
    "Cable was right!"

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Amazing Spider-Man #5 - Black Cat has a supporting role

Black Panther #7 - Ayo and Aneka, the Midnight Angels, are among T'Challa's allies in this issue.

Captain America: Sentinel Of Liberty #2 - Roger Aubrey appears

Jane Foster & The Mighty Thor #2 of 5 - Runa the Valkyrie is part of the cast

Legion Of X #3 - Pixie and Somnus appear

Sabretooth #5 of 5 - Mystique, Destiny and Bling! appear in the finale

Strange Academy #18 - finale of vol.1

The Excellent #5

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #42 - Northstar and Prodigy appear with X-Factor

As always, if I've missed something please chime in!

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

About Thor: Love And Thunder.

spoilers:
    That whole thing about Valkyrie looking for a queen was bullshit, but they did openly talk about her ex-girlfriend who died. She also very briefly flirts with a woman once.

Korg is also confirmed as queer. He says he has two dads who had him by holding hands in the lava of a volcano (apparently that's how his species breed). The movie ends with him finding his own mate to hold hands in the lava of a volcano.

No queer confirmation yet, but the first post-credits scene introduces us to MCU's Hercules! He is played by Brett Goldstein.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Drops Of Venus View Post

spoilers:
    That whole thing about Valkyrie looking for a queen was bullshit, but they did openly talk about her ex-girlfriend who died. She also very briefly flirts with a woman once.

Korg is also confirmed as queer. He says he has two dads who had him by holding hands in the lava of a volcano (apparently that's how his species breed). The movie ends with him finding his own mate to hold hands in the lava of a volcano.

No queer confirmation yet, but the first post-credits scene introduces us to MCU's Hercules! He is played by Brett Goldstein.
    end of spoilers
    Well, that's something. But it's weird that so far every queer hero in the MCU is some sort of alien.

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Disney really thought they ate with the queer rep here.

spoilers:
    Like you said Valkyrie really only gets to mention being queer and of course it’s talk of a dead lover. So you know we’re somehow still doing the “kill your gays” thing. And then Korg gets to be the must openly gay character so far in the MCU, but then remember that’s if effin Korg (an alien non-human looking rock creature) and it’s mostly played for laughs.
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Disney really thought they ate with the queer rep here.

spoilers:
    Like you said Valkyrie really only gets to mention being queer and of course it’s talk of a dead lover. So you know we’re somehow still doing the “kill your gays” thing. And then Korg gets to be the must openly gay character so far in the MCU, but then remember that’s if effin Korg (an alien non-human looking rock creature) and it’s mostly played for laughs.
    end of spoilers
    What the **** are you talking about?

spoilers:
    How is Korg "more openly gay" than Phastos, who has a husband???
    end of spoilers

spoilers:
    Hiroim crying right now...
    end of spoilers

Astonishing Member

spoilers:

end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    In addition to the confirmation of Valkyrie and Korg being queer, its also implied that Zeus and some of his harem/entourage were as well -- the two scantily clad men in Zeus' entourage (who fainted along with the women at the sight of naked Thor) were credited as "Zeus' pretty boy"s. Unless those 'pretty boys' were there to amuse the other serving girls if Zeus couldn't satisfy them all, the obvious implication is that they are there for HIS amusement.

There is even arguably some implication for Thor himself, with the bit where he tries looking into Star-Lord's eyes when Quill talks about looking at the people you love, plus Korg's earlier narration about Thor's love "does not discriminate". That's very lightly implied though, so it doesn't really count for much compared to the more explicit representation with Valkyrie and Korg. Still, it does make this the MCU's gayest movie yet....although that is not exactly a high bar to clear.

Its just too bad we didn't get to see Valkyrie get any new bit of romance other than her brief flirtation with one of Zeus' women. I was hoping we might get at least a brief tease of something between her and Sif at the end there.
    end of spoilers

Well I'm a bit happy to hear about Korg cause I felt like that was one of those characters whose sexuality could be easily ignored for many reasons (obscure character, didn't have their sexuality explored that much, literally a rock).

The Valkyrie thing spoilers:
    is disappointing, but I had the feeling that was it for a while since no other female character had been announced for the movie, plus some of Tessa's comments in interviews, so I already wasn't really expecting it...
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    What the **** are you talking about?

spoilers:
    How is Korg "more openly gay" than Phastos, who has a husband???
    end of spoilers
    Woah… when I commented this in the morning I forget about Phastos…. Cause well he was forgettable and his husband was in like 5 minutes of the movie. There is literally no need to come at people with this energy it’s never that deep.

spoilers:
    Korg is also confirmed as queer. He says he has two dads who had him by holding hands in the lava of a volcano (apparently that's how his species breed).
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    It's implied that Korg's species is all male as he specified that only baby boys are born by two adult males holding hands in the lava. So that was an interesting development.

Very disappointed how the hype around Valkyrie amounted to almost nothing. At least we got confirmation about her queerness but still too little too late.
    end of spoilers

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    spoilers:
    In addition to the confirmation of Valkyrie and Korg being queer, its also implied that Zeus and some of his harem/entourage were as well -- the two scantily clad men in Zeus' entourage (who fainted along with the women at the sight of naked Thor) were credited as "Zeus' pretty boy"s. Unless those 'pretty boys' were there to amuse the other serving girls if Zeus couldn't satisfy them all, the obvious implication is that they are there for HIS amusement.
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    In addition to Zeus, Dionysus also had a party of majorly male attendees.
    end of spoilers

Incredible Member

So I guess it went over everyone's head that Astrid is a girl's name and that changing his name to Axl is probably means he's trans.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magmaster12 View Post
    So I guess it went over everyone's head that Astrid is a girl's name and that changing his name to Axl is probably means he's trans.
    Except that he said he was naming himself after a popular male singer.

Seemed less about being trans, and more about a kid wanting to be known by a nickname.

Still stupid scene, though

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Woah… when I commented this in the morning I forget about Phastos…. Cause well he was forgettable and his husband was in like 5 minutes of the movie. There is literally no need to come at people with this energy it’s never that deep.
    LOL, so true.
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

The HarryStylesfication of Starfox has begun, and I, for one, am super glad about it. I hope this means writers will be more likely to lean into his queerness.