View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1102 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1026021002105210921098109911001101110211031104110511061112 ... LastLast
Results 16,516 to 16,530 of 16973
    Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by scourge View Post
    Maybe but it also makes it feel more like they're trying to shove this character off into the "never to be seen outside June or whenever we decide to kill them for shock" bin. Or like they're trying to appease the phobic crowd with a "don't worry, they're not a 'real' Spider-man"...it just doesn't feel like it has the same impact as it would if we got a character that wasn't entirely new. Especially because this is likely the only LGBTQ+ Spider-Man we're going to get.
    You think that would be less the case if it was just a gay-bent Peter or Miles instead of someone who's actually their own character?

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    You think that would be less the case if it was just a gay-bent Peter or Miles instead of someone who's actually their own character?
    Well, off the bat those assholes will be up in arms regardless of what the character is. They're the "waah, gay characters exist at all!" types.

But the current line they like to trot out is "Just make NEW characters!" so if we had an LGBTQ+ Peter or Miles, they'd throw bigger fits than they already will.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

Again, I don't see how that would be better than having it be just a new character. Making Gay Peter just makes it "the REAL Spider-Man is straight" than if its just another person.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by gonnagiveittoya View Post
    Wouldn't it be better to have it be someone totally new than just "Gay Peter" or "Gay Miles"?
    Only if you build up the character and use him BEYOND those Voices or Pride books.

Spider Punk got a mini. At worst they could do a one shot or mini for this guy.

I like that Web Weaver has his own unique name and look. It makes him stand out in comparison to the many other Spider-Menses.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I skimmed the series. From what I glazed over, Alef is a child who's primarily identified with gender-neutral writing and they/them pronouns.

How does David Chernekhov know that Alef is gender non-conforming if the child is still a baby?

David Chernekhov
    Raisa Chernekhov
    Alef Chernekhov

Well, off the bat those assholes will be up in arms regardless of what the character is. They're the "waah, gay characters exist at all!" types.

But the current line they like to trot out is "Just make NEW characters!" so if we had an LGBTQ+ Peter or Miles, they'd throw bigger fits than they already will.
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-03-2022 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

I'm really not a fan of Web-Weaver at all so far...hoping when we get actual text he'll be better than just the art has made him seem.

And the fact that the first LGBTQ Spider-Man we get won't be called 'Spider-Man' and also isn't an AU version of Peter, Miles, Miguel, or any existing Spider-dude kind of feels like we're getting the short end of the stick.
    Maybe this makes it easier for them to jump ship to the main universe.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    How does David Chernekhov know that Alef is gender non-conforming if the child is still a baby?
    Alef isn't a baby. A child, but not an infant.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rift View Post
    I like that Web Weaver has his own unique name and look. It makes him stand out in comparison to the many other Spider-Menses.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Maybe this makes it easier for them to jump ship to the main universe.
    Exactly. The alternate Spider-People who have tended to be the most prominent and make the most recurring appearances have been the ones that aren't just variant versions of Peter.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a gay version of Peter Parker turn up as well in a Spider-Verse crossover event - there's no reason we can't have both. But I like the fact that Web-Weaver is his own character. I am going to care about him more as his own character than I would as the star of a "Very Special Issue Of WHAT IF -- What If Peter Parker Were Gay". Web-Weaver is more likely to make an impression and reappear than "gay Peter", imo.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Iron Fist #5 of 5 - Loki appears in the conclusion to the miniseries introducing/establishing the new Iron Fist. The story doesn't end here though. Iron Fist will be getting a one-shot tie-in to the A.X.E. crossover, and Loki will be appearing in the one-shot as well.

Knights Of X #5 - Conclusion to this series, but Tini Howard's saga for Betsy Braddock as the new Captain Britain will be continuing in a sequel series that has yet to be officially announced. Its unknown how many of the KNIGHTS OF X or EXCALIBUR characters will be carried over to the sequel, but its safe to say Betsy's new girlfriend will be there.

Thunderbolts #1 of 5 - America Chavez is part of the new T-Bolts roster who are now New York's only officially authorized superhero team.

X-Force #31 - Deadpool is part of the new roster, who are up against Kraven the Hunter in this arc.

X-Men #14 - Iceman gets some personal spotlight in this issue

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #14 - America Chavez's arc guest starring Loki continues

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #50 - this issue starts a new arc set during the latest Hellfire Gala and starring the not-winners of the fan vote for a spot on the new X-Men roster. Bling! is one of those, and there are other LGBT characters appearing in cameos at the Gala.

If I have missed anyone, please let me know!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Alef isn't a baby. A child, but not an infant.
    Fair enough, yet the question remains... Knowing Alef was deaf and blind I can understand based on those frames above but, how could David know that she was also gender non-conforming?
    Last edited by Micabe; 09-04-2022 at 04:57 PM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Fair enough, yet the question remains... Knowing Alef was deaf and blind I can understand based on those frames above but, how could David know that she was also gender non-conforming?
    How does any parent know it? Their child tells them so.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

I'll try this Web Weaver book but it better not be a campy as it looks.

I'm really not a fan of Web-Weaver at all so far...hoping when we get actual text he'll be better than just the art has made him seem.

And the fact that the first LGBTQ Spider-Man we get won't be called 'Spider-Man' and also isn't an AU version of Peter, Miles, Miguel, or any existing Spider-dude kind of feels like we're getting the short end of the stick.
    I'm trying to figure out how you mention Miguel O'Hara and still upset over the fact that there are Spider-Men that aren't alt. versions of Peter.
    "Cable was right!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Exactly. The alternate Spider-People who have tended to be the most prominent and make the most recurring appearances have been the ones that aren't just variant versions of Peter.

I certainly wouldn't mind seeing a gay version of Peter Parker turn up as well in a Spider-Verse crossover event - there's no reason we can't have both. But I like the fact that Web-Weaver is his own character. I am going to care about him more as his own character than I would as the star of a "Very Special Issue Of WHAT IF -- What If Peter Parker Were Gay". Web-Weaver is more likely to make an impression and reappear than "gay Peter", imo.
    It would be neat if the Peter of that universe was the boyfriend of Web Weaver.
    I'm wary of how over the top Web Weaver looks. I mean, the ruffle on his neck takes it to a whole other level. But the preview I saw of the comic looked better than I expected.
    I'm glad to get a gay male Spider character. I hope he shows up again. That he's in an AU makes it pretty easy for Marvel to collect their diversity point and then never use him again.
    I would still like to see a gay Peter. There should be a few out there in the multiverse. We've had a couple of lesbian MJ versions and no one has said boo about it.

Quote Originally Posted by witchboy View Post
    It would be neat if the Peter of that universe was the boyfriend of Web Weaver.
    I'm wary of how over the top Web Weaver looks. I mean, the ruffle on his neck takes it to a whole other level. But the preview I saw of the comic looked better than I expected.
    I'm glad to get a gay male Spider character. I hope he shows up again. That he's in an AU makes it pretty easy for Marvel to collect their diversity point and then never use him again.
    I would still like to see a gay Peter. There should be a few out there in the multiverse. We've had a couple of lesbian MJ versions and no one has said boo about it.
    Coz those MJ's either get killed off pretty soon or appear in all of 1 story.

Anyway, still think the first queer Peter's boyfriend should be a gender-swapped MJ like Andrew Garfield wanted all those years ago. Pete/MJ is beyond gender <3