View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1105 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1056051005105510951101110211031104110511061107110811091115 ... LastLast
Results 16,561 to 16,575 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by kevinism View Post
    You are doing a fantastic job.
    Echoing the statement--seeing this thread thriving on the first page gives me great joy! Keep up the great work

Speaking of threads--this week's "Spider-Man" #2 featured Web-Weaver, the new canon Gay spider-person!

https://www.pride.com/geek/2022/9/06...man-web-weaver

Agreed. I'm a lurker more than a poster but I check your "this week in gay" every week to see if there was something I missed.

I wish someone did this for DC as well. I greatly appreciate the effort.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    Agreed. I'm a lurker more than a poster but I check your "this week in gay" every week to see if there was something I missed.

I wish someone did this for DC as well. I greatly appreciate the effort.
    The Invincible Beawulf maintains a magnificently updated thread for DC LGBT+ characters, which underscores that DC is light years ahead of Marvel in terms of queer rep: https://community.cbr.com/showthread...2-appreciation

I did not know about that. Thank you.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

Looks like there were 17 new physical comic books released this week. Let's see how many had any LGBT+ representation....

A.X.E. Judgement Day Omega #1 - the conclusion to the A.X.E. event and to Kieron Gillen's run on The Eternals. Sprite, Makkari, Ajak and Starfox all appear, and Phastos makes a comment at least implying he may be bisexual. Past series showed him married to a woman, but here he makes a reference to "men I have held whom time has taken away from me".

Avengers #62 - Vnn, the Starbrand of the prehistoric Avengers, appears in this issue which ends with the present-day Avengers coming face to face with the prehistoric Avengers for the first time.

Legion Of X #7 - Pixie and Stacy X both appear

Marauders #8 - in addition to the multiple LGBT members on the main team we also get appearances from Jumbo Carnation (who designs special bio-hazard uniforms for the team's new mission) and Christian Frost. Tempo has a new romance.

Spider-Man #2 - the "End Of The Spider-Verse" arc continues, with appearances by many alternate universe spiders--including Web-Weaver and Sun-Spider.

Wolverine #27 - Deadpool and Iceman appear

X-Men Legends #4 - Kitty Pryde is in this flashback tale set shortly after the original LONGSHOT miniseries from the 80s. Mojo's right hand man Major Domo was giving me gay vibes here, but I dunno if that was intentional or not.

For the digital comics Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #24 continued the Nova and Viv Vision arc.

As always, please let me know if I've missed anything!

UPDATE!

Damage Control #4 of 5 - Hercules has a small guest appearance and Loki has a brief cameo.
    Last edited by Dermie; 11-23-2022 at 11:24 PM.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

It looks like there were about 13 new Marvel releases this week -- not counting Star Wars, reprints, or digital exclusives.

Blade: Vampire Nation #1 - Dracula appears in this one-shot.

Immortal X-Men #8 - Mystique is the POV character for this issue, which is set in the past with Mystique, Destiny and Mister Sinister.

Thunderbolts #4 - America Chavez is part of the team

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #25 - conclusion to the Nova arc guest starring Viv Vision

Looks like that's it for this week! If I missed anything, let me know....

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

The Pixie one is new to me. She never had a love interest in the books I have with her.

Thanks for the heads up about Thunderbolts being out. My pick-ups have been off since that hospital stop.
    "Cable was right!"

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    The Pixie one is new to me. She never had a love interest in the books I have with her.

Thanks for the heads up about Thunderbolts being out. My pick-ups have been off since that hospital stop.
    Pixie was revealed when she guest starred in Runaways, I believe.
    Then you have her excited to be a voyeur to Loa and Mercury in Way of X.

Astonishing Member

Yes, Pixie was flirting with Nico Minoru in RUNAWAYS and they almost kissed before Nico remembered she already has a girlfriend and stopped herself. The writer of the issue (Rainbow Rowell) confirmed on Twitter that she was writing Pixie as bisexual.

Apparently an alternate version of Pixie was also LGBT in one of the various tie-ins to Hickman's SECRET WARS. That isn't necessarily relevant to the 616 version, of course--but it was probably where the idea of Pixie being bisexual first popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yes, Pixie was flirting with Nico Minoru in RUNAWAYS and they almost kissed before Nico remembered she already has a girlfriend and stopped herself. The writer of the issue (Rainbow Rowell) confirmed on Twitter that she was writing Pixie as bisexual.

Apparently an alternate version of Pixie was also LGBT in one of the various tie-ins to Hickman's SECRET WARS. That isn't necessarily relevant to the 616 version, of course--but it was probably where the idea of Pixie being bisexual first popped up.
    Almost classic Nico .

Astonishing Member

I just made an update to the "Week In Gay" list from two weeks ago to include DAMAGE CONTROL #4. My local comic shop didn't get their copies of that one until this week due to a shipping error.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

11 new physical comics from Marvel this week.

Defenders: Beyond #5 of 5 - conclusion to the miniseries featuring Loki, America Chavez and Cloud. No word on whether Ewing will do a 3rd Defenders mini but the ending does leave things open for a sequel.

Genis-Vell Captain Marvel #5 of 5 - conclusion. Phyla and Jazinda both appear and Marlo Chandler has a significant development.

Midnight Suns #3 of 5 - Zoe Laveau and Nico Minoru are part of the cast.

X-Force #34 - Deadpool is a member of X-Force, and Solem appears in this issue.

X-Men #17 - Iceman is on the roster.

And for the digital comics....

Alligator Loki Infinity Comic #13 - several LGBT characters appear in this one, including Wiccan, Hulkling, America Chavez, Aaron Fischer, Kate Pryde, and Shinobi Shaw

Avengers Unlimited Infinity Comic #21 - Wasp II (Nadia Van Dyne) appears

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #25 - this issue starts the Hulkling & Wiccan arc which is a sequel to last year's Hulkling & Wiccan Infinity Comic, and brings back Teddy's alternate reality boyfriend Goebig.

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #62 - this story focuses on Charles Xavier but has appearances and cameos by LGBT characters including Rachel Grey and Kate Pryde.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

A light week for Marvel -- only 7 new physical books released.

Avengers Assemble Alpha - Part 1 of the 10 part finale of Jason Aaron's AVENGERS run. The gay Starbrand appears in this issue and has a brief flashback to his late lover.

Strange Academy: Finals #2 - Zoe Laveau and Daimon Hellstrom appear in this issue

X-Terminators #3 of 5 - Mystique and Destiny along with the rest of the Quiet Council, have small appearances in this.

The digital comics have some more prominent gay content...

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #26 - the Hulkling/Wiccan arc returns with the return of Goebig

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #27 - a new arc begins with the Wolverine-family road trip including Daken and Scout

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

A light week for Marvel -- only 7 new physical books released.

Avengers Assemble Alpha - Part 1 of the 10 part finale of Jason Aaron's AVENGERS run. The gay Starbrand appears in this issue and has a brief flashback to his late lover.

Strange Academy: Finals #2 - Zoe Laveau and Daimon Hellstrom appear in this issue

X-Terminators #3 of 5 - Mystique and Destiny along with the rest of the Quiet Council, have small appearances in this.

The digital comics have some more prominent gay content...

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #26 - the Hulkling/Wiccan arc returns with the return of Goebig

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #27 - a new arc begins with the Wolverine-family road trip including Daken and Scout
    Just curious, since when is Daimon Hellstrom is considered queer or show same sex attraction?

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Just curious, since when is Daimon Hellstrom is considered queer or show same sex attraction?
    Since he came onto Wiccan. They were in a team book together.