View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 1110 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1106101010106011001106110711081109111011111112111311141120 ... LastLast
Results 16,636 to 16,650 of 16966
    Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

12 new books this week.

Captain America: Sentinel Of Liberty #10 - The Mighty Destroyer (Roger Aubrey) takes the spotlight in this issue.

Rogue & Gambit #1 of 5 - Destiny appears, recruiting Rogue for an important mission (and delivering more of her snark at Gambit)

Spider-Gwen: Shadow Clones #1 of 5 - the Mary Jane of Ghost-Spider's reality is bisexual.

Spider-Man #6 - Web-Weaver and Sun-Spider appear as "End Of The Spider-Verse" continues.

X-Force #38 - Deadpool is a member of the team.

And for the digital comics....

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #39 - "Deadpool Loves The Marvel Universe" continues.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

13 new books from Marvel this week.

Avengers #66 - part 8 of the "Avengers Assemble" arc. Avenger Prime is among the large ensemble cast of the issue.

Black Panther #15 - final issue of John Ridley's run. Ayo and Aneka (the Midnight Angels) appear.

Mary Jane & Black Cat #4 of 5 - Felicia's adventures in Limbo with MJ continue.

New Mutants: Lethal Legion #1 of 5 - The New Mutants roster for this mini includes Karma and Escapade.

Nightcrawlers #2 of 3 - "Sins of Sinister" tie-in. Loki has a tiny cameo

X-23: Deadly Regenesis #1 of 5 - the new villain Haymaker uses "they" pronouns. Kitty Pryde and Rachel Summers also appear, but this mini is set before either of them were outed in-story.

X-Men #20 - Iceman is on the roster, and Kate Pryde makes an appearance.

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #40 - Wade continues to be "Lovepool" as his arc continues.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

15 new books released from Marvel this week.

Avengers Forever #15 - Part 9 of Aaron's "Avengers Assemble" arc. An Alternate Loki is one of the many Avengers from different realities and time periods assembled here.

Bishop: War College #2 of 5 - Aura Charles, Cam Long and Amass are part of the cast.

Hellcat #1 of 5 - Daimon Hellstrom has a cameo appearance...but he is still stuck in the form of a toy stuffed rabbit.

Immoral X-Men #3 of 3 - "Sins Of Sinister" tie-in. Sinister makes his next move. Exodus has a prominent role in this one.

Wolverine #31 - Deadpool appears along with the rest of X-Force.

The X-Cellent #1 of 5 - Vivisector appears along with the rest of X-Statix, and Girl Joe also appears.

And for the digital comics.

Alligator Loki Infinity Comic #21 - Alligator Loki vs Frog Thor! Regular Loki also appears.

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #41 - "Deadpool Loves The Marvel Universe" continues

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #44 - A new arc starring Negasonic Teenage Warhead begins.

There is speculation that we're building towards a Marrow/Feral romance in the current arc of X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic but nothing confirmed as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

15 new books released from Marvel this week.

Avengers Forever #15 - Part 9 of Aaron's "Avengers Assemble" arc. An Alternate Loki is one of the many Avengers from different realities and time periods assembled here.

Bishop: War College #2 of 5 - Aura Charles, Cam Long and Amass are part of the cast.

Hellcat #1 of 5 - Daimon Hellstrom has a cameo appearance...but he is still stuck in the form of a toy stuffed rabbit.

Immoral X-Men #3 of 3 - "Sins Of Sinister" tie-in. Sinister makes his next move. Exodus has a prominent role in this one.

Wolverine #31 - Deadpool appears along with the rest of X-Force.

The X-Cellent #1 of 5 - Vivisector appears along with the rest of X-Statix, and Girl Joe also appears.

And for the digital comics.

Alligator Loki Infinity Comic #21 - Alligator Loki vs Frog Thor! Regular Loki also appears.

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #41 - "Deadpool Loves The Marvel Universe" continues

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #44 - A new arc starring Negasonic Teenage Warhead begins.

There is speculation that we're building towards a Marrow/Feral romance in the current arc of X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic but nothing confirmed as of yet.
    Speaking of Hellcat, reminds me of the very LGBT+ friendly Hellcat volume written by Kate Leth and the not so subtle insinuation in the final issue that Marvel wouldn't let her establish Patsy was bi .

Astonishing Member

I would love to see some of the supporting cast from that run turn up -- or at least get mentioned in this miniseries. Someone asked about it on the letters page though, and Cantwell indicated that although he liked those characters too there probably wouldn't be room for them in the mini. Disappointing, but not surprising under the circumstances.

I was surprised Ian Soo (Telekinian) didn't turn up in Cantwell's IRON MAN run through when Patsy was assembling non-Avenger allies to help fight Korvac. Given that Patsy's roommate is an Inhuman with fairly strong telekinetic abilities he would have made for an ideal recruit. Oh well.

As for Patsy being bi, its a shame they didn't go ahead and out her. Fans had been suspecting there was more-than-platonic vibes between Patsy and the Valkyrie for decades now. Brunnhilde did eventually get outed but not Patsy (at least not yet).

This year's Pride announcement has me underwhelmed. The synopsis mentioned a bunch of new exciting characters. I don't want that. So many LGBT characters barely get any spotlight these days. I don't want even more overcrowding. Just pushing aside what's already there.

I prefer what DC did. A bunch of old favourites, paired up in interesting ways. Would have loved to see similar for Marvel. But alas...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    This year's Pride announcement has me underwhelmed. The synopsis mentioned a bunch of new exciting characters. I don't want that. So many LGBT characters barely get any spotlight these days. I don't want even more overcrowding. Just pushing aside what's already there.
    It really says something about how far things have come in LGBT representation at Marvel (and in comics in general) in the last 10-20 years that we've hit a point where people are upset at introducing new LGBT characters out of concern of overcrowding and taking spotlight away from existing characters. On one hand, that's actually a really nice 'problem' to have!

I absolutely agree with you though that there are a lot of LGBT characters who are not getting enough attention and it would be nice to see them get a some spotlight here. I'm all for adding some new faces to the family -- but let's also give Living Lightning and Koi Boi and Giant-Man and Paradox and Alloy and Striker and Toni Ho and Fuse and Enigma, etc, etc their due turn.

I am still definitely excited and looking forward to this year's PRIDE one-shot...but I was a little disappointed to not see a few more of the limbo-bound pre-existing characters listed as getting included. Of course, there are still more details to be announced, so maybe we'll still get a few more.

I prefer what DC did. A bunch of old favourites, paired up in interesting ways. Would have loved to see similar for Marvel. But alas...
    Yeah, I thought that was a really clever move on their part -- even the couples like Harley & Ivy or Apollo & Midnighter were paired up with another character, so it allows them to fit in as many characters as possible, and squeeze in a few more of the under-used characters while not having to give up a spot for some of the 'big name' queer characters.

The one thing that really DID disappoint me with the Pride plans announcement was that there was no mention of a physical release for any of the LGBT-themed Infinity Comics of the last year or so....like Luciano Vecchio's ICEMAN arc; or the YOUNG AVENGERS arc; the sequel to the HULKLING & WICCAN arc; or any of the various LOVE UNLIMITED arcs focusing on queer characters like Karma or Viv Vision.

The mention of Aaron Fischer having an Infinity Comic arc upcoming was good news though, as well as the return of the new trans mutants from D-Man's story in last year's PRIDE one-shot. Steve Foxe writing a new X-Men book is also exciting; I was impressed with his work on last year's Annual as well as the Infinity Comics arc dealing with last year's Hellfire Gala election non-winners.

The upcoming LOKI mini was also referenced in the Pride plans...so hopefully Loki's bisexuality and/or gender fluid nature will come up in the story at some point.

The one thing that really DID disappoint me with the Pride plans announcement was that there was no mention of a physical release for any of the LGBT-themed Infinity Comics of the last year or so....like Luciano Vecchio's ICEMAN arc; or the YOUNG AVENGERS arc;
    I share your disappointment on these absences.

It really says something about how far things have come in LGBT representation at Marvel (and in comics in general) in the last 10-20 years that we've hit a point where people are upset at introducing new LGBT characters out of concern of overcrowding and taking spotlight away from existing characters. On one hand, that's actually a really nice 'problem' to have.
    I wouldn't mind the new characters if I thought they'd actually do something with them. But odds are that the are creating new characters that will appear here and then fade into obscurity. Like so many before them. New characters that show representation once and then get added to the pile of others like them is more frustrating than anything else.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't mind the new characters if I thought they'd actually do something with them. But odds are that the are creating new characters that will appear here and then fade into obscurity. Like so many before them. New characters that show representation once and then get added to the pile of others like them is more frustrating than anything else.
    The precedent of the past two PRIDE one-shots suggests you are mistaken about that. The 2021 one-shot introduced Somnus...who went on to become a series regular in the MARAUDERS series and has made a handful of small appearances in other X-books as well. The 2022 one-shot introduced Escapade, who went on to be the central character of an arc of NEW MUTANTS and is currently still a featured member of the New Mutants team in their current miniseries. Last year's one-shot also introduced a quartet of new trans mutant characters who are set to be featured in an upcoming arc of X-MEN UNLIMITED Infinity Comic.

There has been a very deliberate effort so far to give panel time to the new characters introduced in the last two one-shots and let them get a chance to establish themselves. Presumably that will hold true with this year's new additions.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

14 new books from Marvel this week.

Doctor Strange #1 - Black Cat has an appearance in the first issue of the new Dr. Strange series (no surprise there, since its written by Jed MacKay )

Marauders #12 - final issue of the current volume. All of our regular LGBT main and supporting characters were in this one, as well as cameo appearances by ones from the previous volume such as Iceman and Christian Frost.

Monica Rambeau: Photon #4 of 5 - the non-binary version of the Beyonder turned up again, as well as an alternate reality version of Monica's cousin Caleb. This issue is also making some significant charges to Monica's origin story--hopefully the next issue will clarify exactly what the story is.

Storm & The Brotherhood Of Mutants #2 of 3 - "Sins Of Sinister" tie-in. Destiny and Noh-Varr are involved in the story, and Mystique and Hercules appear in flashback.

Wasp #3 of 4 - Nadia Van Dyne, Fantasma and an alternate version of Nadia's friend Ying are all in this story.

Women Of Marvel #1 - most of the stories in this anthology have an LGBT character. Black Cat has a story with Silk. America Chavez teams up with Kate Bishop (and they are mistaken for a couple at one point). Monica's cousin Caleb appears in the Photon/Ms. Marvel story -- that one surprised me, given that the mini that first introduced Caleb hasn't even finished yet and now he's already turning up elsewhere.

X-Treme X-Men #4 of 5 - Kitty Pryde is part of the cast of this mini which is a flashback set just after Claremont's original X-TREME X-MEN run.

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #42 - conclusion of the "Deadpool Loves The Marvel Universe" arc.

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #45 - Negasonic Teenage Warhead's arc continues, with guest appearances by Moondragon, Phyla-Vell and Dr. Toni Ho!

That's it for this week! As always, if I've missed something please let me know.
    Last edited by Dermie; 03-25-2023 at 11:46 PM.

Ultimate Member

The precedent of the past two PRIDE one-shots suggests you are mistaken about that. The 2021 one-shot introduced Somnus...who went on to become a series regular in the MARAUDERS series and has made a handful of small appearances in other X-books as well. The 2022 one-shot introduced Escapade, who went on to be the central character of an arc of NEW MUTANTS and is currently still a featured member of the New Mutants team in their current miniseries. Last year's one-shot also introduced a quartet of new trans mutant characters who are set to be featured in an upcoming arc of X-MEN UNLIMITED Infinity Comic.

There has been a very deliberate effort so far to give panel time to the new characters introduced in the last two one-shots and let them get a chance to establish themselves. Presumably that will hold true with this year's new additions.

They are not mistaken if they only get introduced for the X-Universe where stuff like New Mutants and those online X-books are.

What about the rest of the Marvel Universe???

What about those who don't bother with the X-universe?

There are still too many collecting dust as new one show up and get the shots others were never given due to the toxic nature of the industry or even the company.

Look at Prodigy-who lead a team (and book) and is now being treated as an afterthought.

Astonishing Member

Somnus and Escapade both happen to be mutants -- so it makes sense that both of them would be getting used in the X-titles. I don't see how that in any way negates the fact that there has been effort made to give them a chance at regular panel time beyond their introduction in the PRIDE one-shot. Regardless of whether the new character is appearing in an X-book, an Avengers book, a Spidey title or wherever, the point is they are being used. They weren't just introduced for the Pride one-shot and then immediately dropped into limbo and forgotten.

As I already said I absolutely agree that the established LGBT characters who are sitting in limbo need to get more to do. 100%. I have a long wish list of established characters who I was hoping to see get named in the solicit for this one-shot.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay

13 books released this past week.

Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain #2 - Betsy and her girlfriend Rachel encounter Captain Peggy Carter of an alternate universe in this issue.

Deadpool #5 - the first arc concludes and Wade's romance with his non-binary love interest Valentine continues.

It's Jeff #1 - physical printing of the first 'season' of IT'S JEFF Infinity Comics. Plenty of LGBT characters make appearances in this such as Wiccan & Hulkling, Iceman, America Chavez, Fuse, Alloy, etc

Strange Academy Finals #5 - Dessy, Zoe and Nico all appear.

And for the digital comics...

Alligator Loki Infinity Comic #22 - as usual regular Loki also appears

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #43 - a new arc begins, this time starring Gwenpool.

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #46 - Negasonic Teenage Warhead's arc continues, with appearances by Moondragon and Phyla

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #80 - a new arc begins featuring the group of new trans mutants who were introduced in last year's PRIDE one-shot.

In other news, we also learned this weekend that there will be an ASTONISHING ICEMAN series later this year! No details available yet on whether it is a miniseries or an ongoing; who the creative team will be, etc. All we know so far is it is part of the "Fall Of X" event happening this fall.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay

13 books released this past week.

Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain #2 - Betsy and her girlfriend Rachel encounter Captain Peggy Carter of an alternate universe in this issue.

Deadpool #5 - the first arc concludes and Wade's romance with his non-binary love interest Valentine continues.

It's Jeff #1 - physical printing of the first 'season' of IT'S JEFF Infinity Comics. Plenty of LGBT characters make appearances in this such as Wiccan & Hulkling, Iceman, America Chavez, Fuse, Alloy, etc

Strange Academy Finals #5 - Dessy, Zoe and Nico all appear.

And for the digital comics...

Alligator Loki Infinity Comic #22 - as usual regular Loki also appears

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #43 - a new arc begins, this time starring Gwenpool.

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #46 - Negasonic Teenage Warhead's arc continues, with appearances by Moondragon and Phyla

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #80 - a new arc begins featuring the group of new trans mutants who were introduced in last year's PRIDE one-shot.

In other news, we also learned this weekend that there will be an ASTONISHING ICEMAN series later this year! No details available yet on whether it is a miniseries or an ongoing; who the creative team will be, etc. All we know so far is it is part of the "Fall Of X" event happening this fall.
    Gwenpool is LBGT+?, I haven't read her series so I wouldn't know