View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1112 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1126121012106211021108110911101111111211131114111511161122 ... LastLast
Results 16,666 to 16,680 of 16973
    Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    I cannot express how happy I am

"Ahead of issue #47’s reveal, we spoke to the acespec creative team of writer Jeremy Whitley, artist Bailie Rosenlund and color artist Kelly Fitzpatrick, and book editors Alanna Smith and Kaitlyn Lindtvedt about Gwen’s asexual and aromantic identity, plus how Gwen will find her place within the queer community in concluding chapter LOVE UNLIMITED: GWENPOOL #48."

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...rvel-unlimited
    I remember saying on this thread some time ago that I could see Gwenpool as an ace/aro character, so I'm glad that someone out there actually made that happen!

Astonishing Member

That's awesome. I have to admit that it comes as a bit of a surprise to me given the way she and Quentin Quire kept making out at every opportunity in Kelly Thompson's WEST COAST AVENGERS series...but clearly Gwen was still figuring herself out at that point.

I wonder if Whitley will find a way to work in a cameo or something for Nadia Van Dyne and reference her being ace too before the arc is over. He already referenced it in the UNSTOPPABLE WASP series and confirmed it on Twitter, but technically its never been explicitly stated on-panel as of yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    That's awesome. I have to admit that it comes as a bit of a surprise to me given the way she and Quentin Quire kept making out at every opportunity in Kelly Thompson's WEST COAST AVENGERS series...but clearly Gwen was still figuring herself out at that point.

I wonder if Whitley will find a way to work in a cameo or something for Nadia Van Dyne and reference her being ace too before the arc is over. He already referenced it in the UNSTOPPABLE WASP series and confirmed it on Twitter, but technically its never been explicitly stated on-panel as of yet.
    Plus different writers and different interpretations...

Astonishing Member

Gotta be honest Gwenpool bring revealed as Asexual feels like it’s coming from essentially nowhere so I can’t say I’m a fan.

I like Whitley, I love Gwenpool and I love the effort for more Asexual representation but Gwen’s the wrong character for it.

-A very meh about this Asexual

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Gotta be honest Gwenpool bring revealed as Asexual feels like it’s coming from essentially nowhere so I can’t say I’m a fan.

I like Whitley, I love Gwenpool and I love the effort for more Asexual representation but Gwen’s the wrong character for it.

My thoughts exactly, aside from liking Whitley. And I know people headcanoned her as ace, but I don't think it works for her.

On the plus side though, it's nice seeing Marvel take a complex look at asexuality. Makes me hopeful for future how ace characters might be portrayed in the future. Hopefully we get some, beyond minor normie characters nobody cares about.
    Quote Originally Posted by JB View Post
    Hellion is the talk of the boards and rightfully so.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post

Remember you are talking about a character that Disney executives wanted gone. Because they didn't understand why she was liked in the first place.

So maybe this is Marvel trying something different (while annoying a certain governor) with her.

Asexual-that could mean a new way to sell her to the folks in charge and who knows maybe a way to explore a take on asexuality.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Remember you are talking about a character that Disney executives wanted gone. Because they didn't understand why she was liked in the first place.

So maybe this is Marvel trying something different (while annoying a certain governor) with her.

Asexual-that could mean a new way to sell her to the folks in charge and who knows maybe a way to explore a take on asexuality.
    Honestly that just endears me to the idea even less if it's somehow a political take that (which would be unlikely to me) and I can't imagine Disney exec's would see this as somehow more worthwhile

Plus I can’t help but think making a character who’s struggling for relevance Asexual one of the sexualities least cared about in media is pretty on the nose, and not in a good way.

That being said Jeremy Whitley is posting one of the preview pages from Marvel Voices Pride on his twitter and Gwenpool has a flag that's half the Asexual flag and half the Aromantic flag so it sounds like they'll be leaning her into being Aro-Ace.
    Last edited by PyroTwilight; 04-28-2023 at 10:43 PM.

Eye-rolling bajuszbetyár The Invincible Beawulf's Avatar

Get Your First Look at the Uplifting and Celebratory Stories in This Year's 'Marvel's Voices: Pride' #1: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=212024425
    BL and comics fan. 🌈 ----- For those saying BL is "pandering to fujos! Too girly! It's fetishization!!!" --> https://www.fujoshi.info/ (a website with academic resources on Queer Media Studies in Asia and LGBTQIA+ history)

The queer body has been used as a battleground, has been criminalized, ostracized, and many times erased from their own histories. -- Alesha Byrne (University of San Francisco)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Invincible Beawulf View Post
    Get Your First Look at the Uplifting and Celebratory Stories in This Year's 'Marvel's Voices: Pride' #1: https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=212024425
    Why is Felicia Hardy on that cover and who has she been intimate with other than Peter Parker?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Why is Felicia Hardy on that cover and who has she been intimate with other than Peter Parker?
    She's on the cover because a) she's bisexual and b) she has a story in the issue.

Felicia's known lovers besides Peter Parker include (in no particular order) Flash Thompson, Puma, Odessa Drake, Tamara Blake, Luke Cage, Daredevil, Wolverine, Batroc the Leaper, The Foreigner, and Brian Lash.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

17 new books this week.

Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain #3 - Betsy, Rachel and their allies continue to battle the schemes of Morgan Le Fey.

Clobberin' Time #3 of 5 - Doop has a cameo

Deadpool #6 - Wade and Valentine go on a date

Guardians Of The Galaxy: Bane Of Blastaar - this one-shot takes place sometime between the end of Al Ewing's GOTG run and the start of the current run. Star-Lord and Rich Rider are among the members present.

Mary Jane & Black Cat #5 of 5 - the conclusion to Felicia and MJ's adventures in Limbo.

Monica Rambeau: Photon #5 of 5 - Starfox guest stars and we also have appearance by Monica's cousin Caleb and the non-binary variant Beyonder.

Sins Of Sinister: Dominion - conclusion to the "Sins Of Sinister" event. The whole Quiet Council appears in this.

Strange Academy: Finals #6 - series finale.

Wasp #4 of 4 - Nadia co-stars in this mini and Fantasma appears as one of the villains.

And for the digital comics....

Alligator Loki Infinity Comic #24 - team up with Scout (Honey Badger). As usual, regular Loki also appears.

Avengers Unlimited Infinity Comic #43 - start of a new arc with the Avengers in competition with the Guardians of the Galaxy. Star-Lord is one of the leads of the issue (up against Captain Marvel).

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #47 - Gwenpool comes out as asexual. Julie Power also appears.

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #84 - part 5 of the "Unofficial X-Men" arc with the young trans mutants in Mojoworld.

Gwenpool as Aro and Ace is just a bad idea. Love that Aro/ace identities are getting rep, but it's not just Gwen at all to me.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

17 new books this week.

Betsy Braddock: Captain Britain #3 - Betsy, Rachel and their allies continue to battle the schemes of Morgan Le Fey.

Clobberin' Time #3 of 5 - Doop has a cameo

Deadpool #6 - Wade and Valentine go on a date

Guardians Of The Galaxy: Bane Of Blastaar - this one-shot takes place sometime between the end of Al Ewing's GOTG run and the start of the current run. Star-Lord and Rich Rider are among the members present.

Mary Jane & Black Cat #5 of 5 - the conclusion to Felicia and MJ's adventures in Limbo.

Monica Rambeau: Photon #5 of 5 - Starfox guest stars and we also have appearance by Monica's cousin Caleb and the non-binary variant Beyonder.

Sins Of Sinister: Dominion - conclusion to the "Sins Of Sinister" event. The whole Quiet Council appears in this.

Strange Academy: Finals #6 - series finale.

Wasp #4 of 4 - Nadia co-stars in this mini and Fantasma appears as one of the villains.

And for the digital comics....

Alligator Loki Infinity Comic #24 - team up with Scout (Honey Badger). As usual, regular Loki also appears.

Avengers Unlimited Infinity Comic #43 - start of a new arc with the Avengers in competition with the Guardians of the Galaxy. Star-Lord is one of the leads of the issue (up against Captain Marvel).

Love Unlimited Infinity Comic #47 - Gwenpool comes out as asexual. Julie Power also appears.

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #84 - part 5 of the "Unofficial X-Men" arc with the young trans mutants in Mojoworld.
    Why did you single out Rich Rider?

Quote Originally Posted by Will Evans View Post
    Why did you single out Rich Rider?
    I think there was some insinuations that he was romantically attracted to or in love with Peter Quill and Al Ewing was teasing a throuple between him, Peter, and Gamora that never materialized.

I didn't see it as a thing myself.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think there was some insinuations that he was romantically attracted to or in love with Peter Quill and Al Ewing was teasing a throuple between him, Peter, and Gamora that never materialized.

I didn't see it as a thing myself.
    Rich hot-tubbing with Sunspot and his gay Arakki friend also felt like the writer being a little too cute there. (And he's certainly been dropping anvils that Roberto might fancy Sam in more than friendly way.)

Don't really feel it either. Rich was always aggressively, even obnoxiously, hetero, back in the New Warriors days, hitting on Namorita pretty much 24/7. It certainly never felt like overcompensation or anything, like it sometimes did with Bobby Drake.

(And really, making a guy whose name is Dick Ryder gay? Don't go there, Marvel!)
    Last edited by Sutekh; 04-30-2023 at 10:48 AM.