View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 112 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 12621021081091101111121131141151161221622126121112 ... LastLast
Results 1,666 to 1,680 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Pod or Aikku Jokinen???? Because one's a codename (and I'm not wild about it, but it's growing on me), the other is Dutch.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dutch_language
    I still think Dreadnought or Cruiser would be better. Maybe she'll rebrand down the road.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Quote Originally Posted by Billy Batson View Post
    Her real name. Why would she have a Dutch name if she and her parents are Finnish and she was born in Norway?
    DUH! My fault. Apologies, I meant Swedish (but said "Dutch" because I am ill informed)

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    I still think Dreadnought or Cruiser would be better. Maybe she'll rebrand down the road.
    Isn't there already a Marvel character called Dreadnought? Or am I thinking of Dreadknight? I don't know, I quite like "Pod". It "sounds Swedish" if that makes sense (and helps me think of the Borrowers; which makes it UBER cute).

Interestingly:
    POD
    • A type of fruit of a flowering plant, particularly:
      -- Legume, a type of fruit common in the family Fabaceae (Leguminosae)
      -- The husk of a legume
    • A social group of cetaceans (whales, porpoises, dolphins, etc.)
    • Place of death (POD)

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spear of Bashenga View Post
    Dreadnought does sound cool, but Cruiser sounds like it should be a gay guy's name.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Dreadnought does sound cool, but Cruiser sounds like it should be a gay guy's name.
    HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

DUH! My fault. Apologies, I meant Swedish (but said "Dutch" because I am ill informed)
    Why Swedish?
    BB

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    I hope the character is spotlighted more, and I hope she continues to appear and be used. I think it's a good thing for diversity, and although I understand the disappointment in a way because she's such a new character, I would also say the ball' snow in our court as readers. If they're bringing in the White Fox character for the Korean cartoons into the MU based solely on audience reaction to the character, there's no reason to think it would be any different for Pod.
    I'd actually say the ball is still in Hickman's court. He's introduced the character; OK. Now make us give a shit. Even after this issue, she's still mostly a non-entity. There's a lot we don't know about her. For example, is she even capable of speech? Yeah, we don't even know that yet. If Hickman just has Pod silently hitting things, then I don't think readers would be wrong to not care about her.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Yay! I'm happy you liked that joke!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    LOL. I actually though of that, which is why earlier when I floated the idea I mentioned Battlecruiser.
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.

Isn't there already a Marvel character called Dreadnought? Or am I thinking of Dreadknight? I don't know, I quite like "Pod". It "sounds Swedish" if that makes sense (and helps me think of the Borrowers; which makes it UBER cute).

Interestingly:
    POD
    • A type of fruit of a flowering plant, particularly:
      -- Legume, a type of fruit common in the family Fabaceae (Leguminosae)
      -- The husk of a legume
    • A social group of cetaceans (whales, porpoises, dolphins, etc.)
    • Place of death (POD)

There was a Dreadnought and a Dreadnought 2000 which was owned by AIM, so it actually would kind of make sense as a name since AIM "recovered" her.
    Pull List:

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I'd actually say the ball is still in Hickman's court. He's introduced the character; OK. Now make us give a shit. Even after this issue, she's still mostly a non-entity. There's a lot we don't know about her. For example, is she even capable of speech? Yeah, we don't even know that yet. If Hickman just has Pod silently hitting things, then I don't think readers would be wrong to not care about her.
    Hickman can do more with her, sure, and I expect him to do so. But that doesn't change what I said.

What I am saying is that we as readers can play a part. If readers make their voices heard that they want more Pod, then there would likely be more Pod. As long as Marvel feels like it's a viable request and not one dude ranting about Adam X.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

My issues with the codename are a) the brevity b) it reminds of this:
    pod-people-invasion-of-the-bodysnatchers.jpg
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    My issues with the codename are a) the brevity b) it reminds of this:
    pod-people-invasion-of-the-bodysnatchers.jpg
    Yeah, it could be better, that's for sure. I think that the genesis of the character came from Spitfire, the New Universe/new universal character that she most closely resembles. Since Nightmask and Starbrand both came about from Ex Nihilo tampering with the Earth, it made sense that the other character to show up during all that stuff would be inspired by the New Universe stuff, too. In newuniversal by Warren Ellis, Spitfire is the name of the suit, but the person who made it was Cipher.

Both would be better names....but both are already taken. Maybe they'll come up with something better. But so far, for me at least, the name is the weakest part of the character.

I still get the feelings Nightmask and Starbrand are gay, and their relationship has been explored, it just hasn't been made obvious.

BANNED

YEY!!! Finally found the image on tumblr. Ladies and gentlemen, I give you...

OUR FIRST EVER LGBT AVENGERS!!!!
    good thing that Marvel didn't made a heavy promotion "First Gay Avenger !!!!!1" spoiling the story, just let it develop.

Quote Originally Posted by Viteh View Post
    I still get the feelings Nightmask and Starbrand are gay, and their relationship has been explored, it just hasn't been made obvious.
    It's certainly possible. They were off on their own in space for what seemed to be a pretty long while. However, with Nightmask's whole reverse aging thing that he has going on, they may avoid any kind of romantic entanglement for him because it could potentially get into a really murky area.