View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 1122 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 122622102210721112111811191120112111221123112411251126 ... LastLast
Results 16,816 to 16,830 of 16973
    Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

9 new books this week -- a rather light week!

Deadpool: Badder Blood #2 of 5 - Liefeld's latest Deadpool mini continues, and Wade faces a female copycat of Shatterstar, calling herself Shatterstorm.

Guardians Of The Galaxy #4 - Star-Lord has an appearance, but the focus of the issue is on Rocket.

New Mutants: Lethal Legion #5 of 5 - conclusion. Escapade, Cerebella, Karma, Galura and Scout are all on the team.

X-Men: Red #13 - Kobak Never-Held is a prominent cast member in this issue as Genesis confronts the Great Ring of Arakko.

And for the digital comics....nothing this week!

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

24 books this week! Looks like they are compensating for last week's really light week.

Deadpool #9 - Deadpool and Valentine continue to be targeted by the Atelier.

Hellcat #5 of 5 - Daimon Hellstorm appears.

Silk #3 of 5 - Saya Ishii is the villain of this series. Silk's brother Albert recruits Wong's help to rescue Cindy (Albert isn't officially confirmed gay in 616 continuity yet, but I think its just a matter of time)

Storm #3 of 5 - Kitty Pryde appears in this flashback mini to Storm's (first) mohawk era.

Wolverine #35 - Deadpool appears

The X-Cellent #5 of 5 - Vivisector and Girl Joe are among the cast

X-Men: Hellfire Gala - several LGBT characters appear in this massive issue which is a huge status quo shift for the entire X-line of books!

For the digital comics...

Marvel Meow Infinity Comic #13 - Black Cat appears

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #61 - Karolina Dean's arc alongside Xavin, Goebig and the rest of the Light Brigade continues.

If I've missed anything, please let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    The Week In Gay:

24 books this week! Looks like they are compensating for last week's really light week.

Deadpool #9 - Deadpool and Valentine continue to be targeted by the Atelier.

Hellcat #5 of 5 - Daimon Hellstorm appears.

Silk #3 of 5 - Saya Ishii is the villain of this series. Silk's brother Albert recruits Wong's help to rescue Cindy (Albert isn't officially confirmed gay in 616 continuity yet, but I think its just a matter of time)

Storm #3 of 5 - Kitty Pryde appears in this flashback mini to Storm's (first) mohawk era.

Wolverine #35 - Deadpool appears

The X-Cellent #5 of 5 - Vivisector and Girl Joe are among the cast

X-Men: Hellfire Gala - several LGBT characters appear in this massive issue which is a huge status quo shift for the entire X-line of books!

For the digital comics...

Marvel Meow Infinity Comic #13 - Black Cat appears

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #61 - Karolina Dean's arc alongside Xavin, Goebig and the rest of the Light Brigade continues.

If I've missed anything, please let me know!
    There I go subbing for MU again. Marvel Meow is peak

Oh, and Ultimate Invasion #2 had a one panel, non-speaking appearance of classic, horned adult Loki. YMMV

Quote Originally Posted by Rzerox21xx View Post
    Did Captain America 750 just outed Namor when he mention Roger Aubrey being Gorgeous in his funeral
    I don't think it was intended as outing Namor as bisexual. Surely outing a long-time, big name character like Namor would be given a bit more weight than a one-panel reveal in a passing comment during the final issue of this creative team's run.

It was definitely an odd word choice to give Namor for that line, but in this context I don't think Namor was describing Roger physically -- I think it was describing him as a person. I've rarely heard "gorgeous" used that way by North Americans, but I have heard it from English people. Roger is of English background, so maybe Namor thought it was appropriate. I agree its definitely an odd word choice which made me raise an eyebrow too...but it just doesn't feel likely to me that this is how Marvel would choose to out someone as prominent as Namor.
    A straight man can describe another man as gorgeous though?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Confuzzled View Post
    A straight man can describe another man as gorgeous though?
    No law against it

(Waiting on Florida, though).

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

12 new books this week.

Astonishing Iceman #1 of 5 - start of Bobby's new "Fall Of X" miniseries. Romeo is also a supporting cast member.

Death Of The Venomverse #1 of 5 - an alternate universe version of Felicia Hardy where Black Cat become a Venom host appears in the issue.

Magneto #1 of 4 - flashback mini to Magneto's time as Headmaster of Xavier's School For Gifted Youngsters. Karma appears alongside the other New Mutants.

X-Men #25 - Kate Pryde rejoins the X-Men as Shadowkat. Deadpool also has an appearance.

And for the digital comics....

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #62 - Karolina's adventures with Xavin, Goebig and the rest of the Light Brigade continue.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

11 new books this week.

Amazing Spider-Man #31 - giant size issue anniversary issue (legacy #925). Black Cat appears in the main story and in one of the back-ups.

Guardians Of The Galaxy #5 - Star-Lord is part of the cast

Immortal X-Men #14 - Destiny and Exodus appear.

Silk #4 of 5 - Saya Ischii is the villain

Edit - Red Goblin #7 - Julie Power appears in a flashback to her days with the "Loners/Excelsior" (the support group for ex-superheroes trying to live a normal life)

and for the digital comics...

Avengers Unlimited Infinity Comic #58 - start of a new story arc where Runa (of the Valkyries) teams up with Kate Bishop.

Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #63 - conclusion to Karolina Dean's arc with Xavin, Goebig and the Light Brigade.

As always, if there is anything I've missed please let me know!
    Last edited by Dermie; 08-15-2023 at 09:39 PM. Reason: missed one

The Week In Gay:
    Marvel's Voices Infinity Comic #63 - conclusion to Karolina Dean's arc with Xavin, Goebig and the Light Brigade.
    I found this story very unsatisfying. Nothing really happened, no conclusion to Karolinas problems or the Staff stuff. It was just kinda.... there.

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

14 new books this week.

Alpha Flight #1 of 5 - Northstar and Fang (Daken) are both part of this "Fall Of X" series showing the Canadian side of the mutant crisis.

Dark X-Men #1 of 5 - Gimmick is part of the cast, and her girlfriend Buddy also appears. Gimmick joins Madelyne Pryor's team of "X-Men" rescuing mutants from Orchis and bringing them to sanctuary at the Limbo Embassy.

Loki #3 of 4 - Wiccan and Hulkling guest star

Marvel's Voices: X-Men - This anthology features several LGBT characters. Solem is featured in a story set at Arakko's first Pride celebration, and Kobak and Iceman also appear. Mystique and Destiny get a story. Iceman co-stars in a story with Storm, which has cameos by several queer mutants. Odessa Drake appears in the Gambit & Rogue story.

Uncanny Avengers #1 of 5 - Deadpool is a member of the new Avengers Unity Squad that has formed for "Fall Of X".

What If...? Dark Moon Knight - an alternate version of "Frenchie" John-Paul DuChamp appears in this What If tale.

X-Men: Days Of Future Past - Doomsday #2 of 5 - prequel series to the classic "Days Of Future Past" arc. Alternate future versions of Kate Pryde, Rachel Summers, Iceman, and Karma appear.

X-Men Red #14 - Kobak is featured (and appears to have a new admirer--not the same one from his MARVEL'S VOICES X-MEN appearance).

Avengers Unlimited Infinity Comic #59 - Runa's team-up with Kate Bishop continues

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #100 - start of a new arc focusing on the X-Men Election candidates prior to the events of the Hellfire Gala. This issue focuses on Prodigy, and also features Speed and Jumbo Carnation.

If I missed anything, please let me know!

Astonishing Member

The Week In Gay:

15 new books this week.

Amazing Spider-Man #32 - Black Cat makes an appearance.

Deadpool #10 - final issue of Alyssa Wong's run.

Immortal Thor #1 - first issue of Al Ewing's run. Loki appears.

Jean Grey #1 of 4 - "Fall Of X" tie-in. Iceman appears.

Storm #4 of 5 - Mystique appears in this flashback miniseries and spoilers:
    has been posing as Storm's new boyfriend...
    end of spoilers

X-Force #43 - Deadpool is a member of the team, and we see Prodigy as this issue partially takes place during the Hellfire Gala.

X-Men Unlimited Infinity Comic #101 - Jumbo Carnation appears as we continue the arc spotlighting the candidates of this year's X-Men election--Cannonball is the focus of this issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    I found this story very unsatisfying. Nothing really happened, no conclusion to Karolinas problems or the Staff stuff. It was just kinda.... there.
    I liked seeing Xavin again, but I don’t get why these unlimited series can’t move the needle even when it’s featuring characters that don’t have prominent roles anywhere else.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    I liked seeing Xavin again, but I don’t get why these unlimited series can’t move the needle even when it’s featuring characters that don’t have prominent roles anywhere else.
    They can and some of them have done so. We've seen a few of the Infinity Comics tell stories that have impacted the regular titles; the "X-Men Green" storyline in X-MEN UNLIMITED is one rather controversial example. There was also Romeo getting aged up and reunited with Iceman; Gwenpool coming out as asexual; etc.

So presumably this arc could have resolved Karolina's health problems but chose not to. They may have plans to do another arc picking up those threads though. It wouldn't be the first time we've seen the Infinity Comics tell a larger story divided over different arcs, such as "X-Men Green", or the "Hulkling & Wiccan" arc that was a sequel to last year's arc that introduced Goebig in the first place.

Apparently, Slott was going to have Johnny Storm and Wyatt Wingfoot be a couple but was denied by editorial. He believes it's because he isn't queer and they'd rather a queer writer do it.

Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!

Astonishing Member

Wow!

That's really interesting....IF its true. The Johnny/Wyatt part of that feels plausible, since there definitely were a few slashy moments between Johnny and Wyatt during his run. Some of them got commented on in this thread at the time.

The part about confirming Wonder Man as bisexual does give me a few concerns with regards to the credibility though. Why would Simon's sexuality come up in a discussion with Dan Slott, and why would Dan feel like making that assertion? Off the top of my head I can't recall Dan ever writing Simon at all, let alone in any significant way like he did with Johnny. Of course Dan could have an opinion on Simon's sexuality as a longtime Marvel reader himself...but it just seems odd that a writer would come out and say something like that regarding a character they aren't either writing now or have written in a significant way in the past.

Getting back to Johnny, if this is true it feels a bit familiar since Johnny had a similar case of writer-built-up-subtext-but-it-never-got-made-official-on-panel with Daken back in the day. The Johnny/Daken thing seems like it came closer to being confirmed though, probably because Daken was already explicitly confirmed as queer on-panel, whereas with Wyatt it would be outing two long-standing characters at once, rather than just one.

Wow!

That's really interesting....IF its true. The Johnny/Wyatt part of that feels plausible, since there definitely were a few slashy moments between Johnny and Wyatt during his run. Some of them got commented on in this thread at the time.

The part about confirming Wonder Man as bisexual does give me a few concerns with regards to the credibility though. Why would Simon's sexuality come up in a discussion with Dan Slott, and why would Dan feel like making that assertion? Off the top of my head I can't recall Dan ever writing Simon at all, let alone in any significant way like he did with Johnny. Of course Dan could have an opinion on Simon's sexuality as a longtime Marvel reader himself...but it just seems odd that a writer would come out and say something like that regarding a character they aren't either writing now or have written in a significant way in the past.

Getting back to Johnny, if this is true it feels a bit familiar since Johnny had a similar case of writer-built-up-subtext-but-it-never-got-made-official-on-panel with Daken back in the day. The Johnny/Daken thing seems like it came closer to being confirmed though, probably because Daken was already explicitly confirmed as queer on-panel, whereas with Wyatt it would be outing two long-standing characters at once, rather than just one.
    I think the Simon thing could be him being asked if he thought so and he went, "Sure. Why not?"

If all this is true, then the Johnny thing is more substantial as he actually wrote him with the intent of having him be in a relationship with Wyatt.
    Be sure to check out the Invisible Woman appreciation thread!