View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 115 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 15651051111121131141151161171181191251652156151115 ... LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Remember Northstar/Anole have a bit of love/hate when it comes to issues and lectures.

I can't find the image of Anole punching Northstar in X-men: Divided We Stand by Skottie Young. Anyone have it? Until that time...
    Ugh! Please don't post that image. I'm trying to forget that story ever happened.
    Victor freaking out over a dropped cup and almost strangling his father and then later seemingly shattering Norhtstar's jaw.
    Northstar's little implication that there had to be something sexual about Victor's friendship with Rockslide as well.
    Just poor writing all around on Young's part.
    Between that and the Victor acting like an 8 year old in that other mini story featuring him and Magik, really makes me hope the focus on Anole in Amazing will for once get an Anole focussed story right.
    But Yost got him right before, so I have hope for that.

Incredible Member cheesebiggins's Avatar

Pod's only appeared in 5 issues ever. See below for all the details you need.

[from post #1652]
    Welcome the newest LGBT character to Marvel: Pod [Aikku Jokinen]
    http://marvel.wikia.com/Aikku_Jokinen_%28Earth-616%29
    First Appearance: Avengers vol 5 #15 (July 3rd, 2013)
    Outed: Avengers #38 (November 19th, 2014)

Aikku Jokinen was a Norwegian girl who was in the proximity of the crash landing of one of Ex Nihilo's creations, which was launched towards Earth by an "evolution bomb:" An armor to serve as Earth's self-defense mechanism. Jokinen was bonded with the armor, and remained in a cocoon, which was discovered by A.I.M., and once it hatched from its cocoon, she procedeed to fly to Australia, having her mind taken over by the suit, where the Avengers were fighting other creations of Ex Nihilo's.

She quickly defeated the Avengers adapting to their attacks and strategies, and was soon confronted by the A.I.M. Minister of Education, who managed to capture Pod and experiment on her, firstly by placing her in the space between two dead universes. When Bobbi da Costa became the leader of A.I.M., he rescued Pod and stored her in his office. After he decided to tackle the problem the Incursions represented, Sunspot sent Pod with Shang-Chi to Japan, to activate the self-replicating mechanism for Earth, and create an army of duplicates of Chi.

POWERS
    • Armor: Aikku's abilities come from the suit of armor to which she's bonded, these include:
    • Flight: Pod can fly at supersonic speeds.
    • Arsenal: Pod is equipped with a variety of weapons.
    • Eye beam: From the armor's eye, Pod can fire a powerful laser, which is capable of hurting beings like Thor and Hyperion.
    • Energy blast: Pod can fire powerful blasts of energy.
    • Mines: Pod can launch from his body explosive mines.
    • Shield generation: Pod can create an energy shield around itself.
    • Invulnerability Pod is capable of surviving in extremely harsh environments, like the nothingness left by the collision of two universes.

APPEARANCES
    Avengers vol 5. #15-17, #36, #38

NOTES
    The seven "Origin Bombs" that Ex Nihilo was able to successfully seed the Earth with corresponded to certain attributes that their creator considered essential to a functioning sentient organism which he was trying to turn the Earth into. Pod's function was "Self-Defense."
    Thank you; that was a lot of help!

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Ugh! Please don't post that image. I'm trying to forget that story ever happened.
    Victor freaking out over a dropped cup and almost strangling his father and then later seemingly shattering Norhtstar's jaw.
    Northstar's little implication that there had to be something sexual about Victor's friendship with Rockslide as well.
    Between that and the Victor acting like an 8 year old in that other mini story featuring him and Magik, really makes me hope the focus on Anole in Amazing will for once get an Anole focussed story right.
    I haven't read it in years; at the time I seem to remember loving it, just because I was excited to see Anole get some focus, and I adore Skottie Young's art. May need to dig out my back issue to remind myself if it was good (or have some oh so helpful person post a link to scans of the mini-stories... *hint hint*)

Quote Originally Posted by cheesebiggins View Post
    Thank you; that was a lot of help!
    Welcomes.

Teenage Exorcist just another user's Avatar

Who else would like a Pod ongoing? And who would be your second choice to write it after Hickman?

Hold up.
    Is Pod really worthy of an ongoing all of a sudden? I mean, is Pod suddenly THE character because she's been revealed to be a lesbian or bisexual??

Every character has the potential to be the star of a good book, it just needs the right creative team. I feel that Pod might not get fleshed out enough in the Avengers as she is having to compete with others for panel time.

Maybe an ongoing is jumping the gun a bit, but surely a mini series isn't too much to ask?

Quote Originally Posted by just another user View Post
    Who else would like a Pod ongoing? And who would be your second choice to write it after Hickman?
    I doubt you'd find anyone in here to be too excited for it. IF they gave Pod an on-going (which would never happen), it would be nice knowing we'd have our first ever lesbian on-going. But no, of nearly all LGBT characters, Pod is the least likely to get an on-going. Benjamin Deeds has more chance at this point.

P.S. and Hickman would not be my first choice to write it. At this point, Hickman wouldn't be my first choice to write anything... but his resignation letter to Marvel. Ohhhhhh, burn!

Every character has the potential to be the star of a good book, it just needs the right creative team. I feel that Pod might not get fleshed out enough in the Avengers as she is having to compete with others for panel time.

Maybe an ongoing is jumping the gun a bit, but surely a mini series isn't too much to ask?
    That said I do agree nearly any character, with the right team, has the "potential" to be a star (though some stand vastly more chances than others). That said, Northstar, Wiccan, Mystique, Karma; all vastly better candidates for a solo on-going or mini (if, as it is with Marvel, the goal is to sell comics).
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 11-23-2014 at 03:30 PM.

What makes you think Hickman would even be anyone's first choice?

Frankly, Pod's a non-entity at this point. She needs to have a personality before I'll give a shit about her.

Edit: But fine, if we're coming up with writers who could write the character, I'll nominate Jen Van Meter. She's a talented writer. And everyone else is going to go with the usual choices (Mark Waid, Matt Fraction, Jason Aaron, Peter David, Kieron Gillen, Kelly Sue DeConnick).
    Last edited by Tiamatty; 11-23-2014 at 03:37 PM.

Oh man, Pod is over before she's even begun!

Who else would like a Pod ongoing?
    Definetely me. All the shade I've been throwing on this boards ever since I heard about Pod is because she is a background no-name character. If Pod gets a solo, ongoing or a mini that would certainly be a progress, at least it would show Marvel is commited to make her popular, stablish her as a character and build a fanbase. I would be totally on board with that and buy that for sure.
    She is very powerful from what I've seen, looks badass as a robot and gorgeous as a girl and the fact that she is a new character means she is a basically a blank slate and the writer can develop her however he/she wants.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    What makes you think Hickman would even be anyone's first choice?
    Frankly, Pod's a non-entity at this point. She needs to have a personality before I'll give a shit about her.
    You mean after non-gay Stonewall and no-nothing Pod, Hickman hasn't built up respect from the LGBT fans? Say, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Edit: But fine, if we're coming up with writers who could write the character, I'll nominate Jen Van Meter. She's a talented writer. And everyone else is going to go with the usual choices (Mark Waid, Matt Fraction, Jason Aaron, Peter David, Kieron Gillen, Kelly Sue DeConnick).
    Ohhhhhh, Kelly Sue on a Karma series would be AMAZING!!! I'd also happily have Matt Fraction write a Northstar solo (sorry, I know this was about Pod, but no-one really cares, so let's dream about other LGBT solo series).

Oh man, Pod is over before she's even begun!
    Pretty much.

Quote Originally Posted by Mah VM View Post
    Definetely me. All the shade I've been throwing on this boards ever since I heard about Pod is because she is a background no-name character. If Pod gets a solo, ongoing or a mini that would certainly be a progress, at least it would show Marvel is commited to make her popular, stablish her as a character and build a fanbase. I would be totally on board with that and buy that for sure.
    She is very powerful from what I've seen, looks badass as a robot and gorgeous as a girl and the fact that she is a new character means she is a basically a blank slate and the writer can develop her however he/she wants.
    Would you support a Pod on-going over an on-going for Northstar or Karma or Wiccan or Anole or Moondragon?

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Young's story was about PTSD. That's why Vic did what he did.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Ohhhhhh, Kelly Sue on a Karma series would be AMAZING!!! I'd also happily have Matt Fraction write a Northstar solo (sorry, I know this was about Pod, but no-one really cares, so let's dream about other LGBT solo series).
    Hmm. I love KSD. I love Karma. The question is, does KSD like Karma enough to want to write her? Someone should ask her how she feels about Karma.

Kieron Gillen would probably write a pretty awesome LGBT solo series. He writes an awesome everything. Maybe he could do a Moondragon series. He'd make her hilariously snarky.

Jen Van Meter could do an Anole series. She's just a really good writer. Hopeless Savages Vol. 2 was a brilliant teen love story, and she writes a really, really good gay character in the series. Also, this scene:

twitch.jpg

So damned good. (The art there, as an aside, was by Bryan Lee O'Malley, a year before he released Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life.)

You mean after non-gay Stonewall and no-nothing Pod, Hickman hasn't built up respect from the LGBT fans? Say, WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAT?
    Has Stonewall been revealed to be straight? It kinda defies belief that anybody would create a character called Stonewall and then not have them be LGBT

Would you support a Pod on-going over an on-going for Northstar or Karma or Wiccan or Anole or Moondragon?
    No. I would rather an on-going for any of the characters you listed over a Pod one (Specially a Wiccan or a Karma one)

But the question was whether we would like Pod to get one and I don't dislike her character, just the fact that she is barely even a character at this point. Her getting an on-going would solve this problem as with some luck and good writing it could make her a popular character and make we care about her as a character, besides for the fact that she's LGBT. I would certainly chose any of the already stablished queer characters for a solo/on-going before her but it shouldn't have to be either/or.

Wiccan, Northstar, Karma, Moondragon are all long overdue to get the spotlight but if Pod gets an on-going I would support it. Doesn't mean I think it will happen, actually I doubt it will but it sure as hell would be more reason to celebrate than what we got from her so far.

If Marvel announced that a LGBT character would be getting an on-going and we started to speculate and it turned out to be Pod... Then I would be terribly disappointed.