View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 155 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 55105145151152153154155156157158159165205255655 ... LastLast
Results 2,311 to 2,325 of 16973
    Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I didn't mean to imply your idea is stupid; merely un-thought-out. Do you REALLY want to sacrifice the only LGBT superhero marriage to explore a character who isn't "a happy gay couple"? Why not use one of the many other LGBT superheroes (Living Lightning, Anole, Striker, Cullen Bloodstone) to explore this; why ruin the only LGBT married couple? You may not care for "boring happy gay couple" but others do. There is room for all types of relationships, we shouldn't have to fight over "either/or" but ALL get our wish in what we want to see.

You'd be trading in the only gay marriage for a gay divorce; do you really want to send the message all Marvel gay marriages end in divorce???
    Thank you for the retake on stupid, (still no ill will from me n I assume from u). I would still divorce them sorry. Marriage is not a contest between straights,gay,pologimists, they are relationships and I would end this one. I have been reading Marvel since 1984 and as I grew up reading Northstar in my mind and taste it fits more for him to free and happy enjoying the single life but would have no issuse with Wiccan/Hulking if they did. We disagree on this and the marriage point and sadly the marriage I wanted most Scott/Jean ended poorly but we had neat stories after but Jean.(i guess I should be happy Marvel did not just hand her over to Logan)
    Last edited by Darth Phoenix; 03-15-2015 at 07:21 PM.

Mighty Member America / Bucky / Russia's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Thank you for the retake on stupid, (still no ill will from me n I assume from u). I would still divorce them sorry. Marriage is not a contest between straights,gay,pologimists, they are relationships and I would end this one. I have been reading Marvel since 1984 and as I grew up reading Northstar in my mind and taste it fits more for him to free and happy enjoying the single life but would have no issuse with Wiccan/Hulking if they did. We disagree on this and the marriage point and sadly the marriage I wanted most Scott/Jean ended poorly but we had neat stories after but Jean.(i guess I should be happy Marvel did not just hand her over to Logan)
    I feel every divorce in Marvel is a waste. Annulling Black Panther/Storm removed what could have been a further developed relationship. Ending Spider-Man and MJ reversed 20 years of stories. I mean of course they could have been dating unmarried for 5 years, but it's still less effective. And I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

And I have totally no issue with Scott/Jean ending because in my mind Jean is someone who had an awesome superhero career and then died as the Phoenix, never to return. Unless they split before the New X-Men death and there's something I'm missing?
    Films blog / Books blog / Comics blog / Tumblr / Twitter / Flickr / Photobucket / Dailymotion / YouTube
    My BFI Film Academy short film Hold-Out
    Review column on Doctor Who fansite kasterborous.com
    CBR's LGBT Community

Quote Originally Posted by America / Bucky / Russia View Post
    I feel every divorce in Marvel is a waste. Annulling Black Panther/Storm removed what could have been a further developed relationship. Ending Spider-Man and MJ reversed 20 years of stories. I mean of course they could have been dating unmarried for 5 years, but it's still less effective. And I'm sure there are more I'm forgetting.

And I have totally no issue with Scott/Jean ending because in my mind Jean is someone who had an awesome superhero career and then died as the Phoenix, never to return. Unless they split before the New X-Men death and there's something I'm missing?
    I would have been more upset at BP n Storm if they had spent more time courting and the BP just divorcing 4 his people was Bullshiza.

I was OK enough with MJ Parker staying married but was VERY offended by using a deal with the Devil clause on such a moral hero marketed to kids. (if it had been some1 like Punshier or Deadpool who cares)

I liked them patching things up during the 1st XFactor run, Jean making peace with Rachel and telling her she has a chance at being born,the marriage rasing Cable in host bodies in the future, this was all post Phoenix, then Emma changed the storytelling for Scotts heart. I would have gotten mad but I enjoyed his fist wife Maddie as well so him leaving for other women is not uncommon. And Jean is always dead,all powerful,evil,or underage.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Benjamin Deeds is adorable.

Attachment 19309
    I'd be interested in a story where someone who can morph, like Ben here, uses his powers to morph in to a girl in order to enter a relationship with a straight male.

Could love survive gender swapping lies?!

It could come off as a bit rapey, bit if written well, could also be a really interesting story.
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    I'd be interested in a story where someone who can morph, like Ben here, uses his powers to morph in to a girl in order to enter a relationship with a straight male.

Could love survive gender swapping lies?!

It could come off as a bit rapey, bit if written well, could also be a really interesting story.

http://arzeno.deviantart.com/art/Kar...avin-177636466
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Johnny who?

Quote Originally Posted by Wren View Post
    And yes I don't think this does Wiccan any favors. Children's Crusade especially was not his finest hour, and neither was the Gillen run.
    LOVED our boy in Children's Crusade (taking on Doom with Wanda); but in Gillen's run he saved the universe and is destined to re-write the rules of magic! That's epic (and makes him the most powerful LGBT character alive). He became one of my favourites specifically due to those two runs.

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    Honestly IDK about her. I think that he probably finds her intriguing (they're both master manipulators) after all. But genuine care, it's hard to tell with him.
    I don't think Mystique and Daken have ever had 1 scene where I would say one genuinely cared for the other. Unless I'm forgetting something.

Quote Originally Posted by Indelible View Post
    Of all the LGBT characters in Marvel, Ben "Morph" Deeds seems to have the most potential to shine. A stealth agent who is a metamorph with what seems to be lithium gas based powers that are both passive (empathic) and active (disruption of machines) makes him a one-man SHIELD. But due to the recent Eva based storylines, we've seen little of him. He needs to go solo.
    BIG fan of Ben; hope he sticks around post-Secret Wars. I hope all Bendis' kids do; he made such a brilliant group. Best X-kids group since Kyle&Yost's New X-men's team.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post

Amazing Member

Wait, Deeds can disrupt machines? When was that shown?

Quote Originally Posted by Chrys View Post
    Wait, Deeds can disrupt machines? When was that shown?
    Not to my knowledge, that's Hijack's power.

Fantastic Member

Bengamine Deeds seems nice enough but he really needs some fleshing out. And yes the Bendis students beat the JGS students hands down but JGS boasts marvels like Naturegirl and Sharkhead so... not a high bar there.

<Daken and Mystique scan>
    I thought that was just them being playful and a little manipulative... not an expression of real caring.

The closest I would come to thinking they care for each other, would be somewhere post Logan's death, Mystique reassures Daken about getting his father a proper funeral, or getting his remains back, or something like that. That was a "maybe" to me.
    Last edited by Wren; 03-16-2015 at 04:02 PM.

I thought that was just them being playful and a little manipulative... not an expression of real caring.
    The closest I would come to thinking they care for each other, would be somewhere post Logan's death, Mystique reassures Daken about getting his father a proper funeral, or getting his remains back, or something like that. That was a "maybe" to me.
    Mystique seem genuinely upset when Daken died; and Daken always seemed somewhat gentler when he dealt with Mystique. If you think of his interactions with Moonstone (another master manipulator) there seemed to be no underlying sentiment. I'm not saying Daken loved Mystique, but in a list of people he cares for (as much as he can care for someone not him) Laura, Johnny, Mystique and Logan would definitely be in it.

Fantastic Member

Mystique seem genuinely upset when Daken died; and Daken always seemed somewhat gentler when he dealt with Mystique. If you think of his interactions with Moonstone (another master manipulator) there seemed to be no underlying sentiment. I'm not saying Daken loved Mystique, but in a list of people he cares for (as much as he can care for someone not him) Laura, Johnny, Mystique and Logan would definitely be in it.
    Well, maybe I just don't remember those moments (especially I don't remember her reaction to his death). I guess I always read it that he was just more cautious and honest around her because he's wary of her, or he feels they are similar enough to get on honestly. With Moonstone I thought he felt very superior to her (same as the rest of that team) and didn't bother with caution.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    No no no. They both knew in that awful 'trans' storyline that was just a cop out rather than a real trans story. If you have a character say gender doesnt really matter to them cos Skrull blah blah you're doing an alien gender fluid story, not a proper trans story.

For my idea it'd be more the gay character hiding as a straight girl to woo the guy then the guy finding out and then......well, happy ending or heartbreak and hatred, depending on other factors I guess
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

For the time-period, yeah Xavin was a fine trans metaphor. For 2015... yeah, that don't cut the mustard anymore.

Well, maybe I just don't remember those moments (especially I don't remember her reaction to his death). I guess I always read it that he was just more cautious and honest around her because he's wary of her, or he feels they are similar enough to get on honestly. With Moonstone I thought he felt very superior to her (same as the rest of that team) and didn't bother with caution.
    Ironic choice of word, due to "A Cautionary Tale"

Quote Originally Posted by legion_quest View Post
    No no no. They both knew in that awful 'trans' storyline that was just a cop out rather than a real trans story. If you have a character say gender doesnt really matter to them cos Skrull blah blah you're doing an alien gender fluid story, not a proper trans story.

For my idea it'd be more the gay character hiding as a straight girl to woo the guy then the guy finding out and then......well, happy ending or heartbreak and hatred, depending on other factors I guess
    So i guess that Loki doesnt count either........................................