View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 18 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228681185181018 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I will say this. If they were to do it, I want it to be revealed that Scott knew the entire time (not that he found out, but that Emma told him) and that he didn't care.
    I feel that would add nicely to Scott's character and I personally don't want to see too much outrage at a transexual reveal.
    That is a beautiful idea, and I fully agree. Scott loved Emma for who she was, what was in her soul; he'd accept everything about her (I miss them as a couple )

I will say this. If they were to do it, I want it to be revealed that Scott knew the entire time (not that he found out, but that Emma told him) and that he didn't care.
    I feel that would add nicely to Scott's character and I personally don't want to see too much outrage at a transexual reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider-Chan View Post
    In the comics obviously.
    Comic fans are gonna be comic fans afterall.
    A character going right down a road instead of left will generate outrage.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Since it's Al Ewing (Loki: Agent of Asgard) writing Avengers 34.1... what is the chance that he will out Hyperion? (if he is indeed Hickman's suppossed "LGBT" Avenger) Ewing seems far more able to get character AND plot in his stories, very evenly.

I would be ecstatic if "Hickman's secret gay character" is Hyperion.

Since it's Al Ewing (Loki: Agent of Asgard) writing Avengers 34.1... what is the chance that he will out Hyperion? (if he is indeed Hickman's suppossed "LGBT" Avenger) Ewing seems far more able to get character AND plot in his stories, very evenly.

I didn't realize Ewing was writing this one, I usually just pass through the Avengers solicits nowadays as I don't care about Hickman or Spencer at all. But this might just be worth checking out, I sure hope they finally confirm Hyperion as being gay.

He's the one from the initial roster that made the most sense to me as the team's supposed LGBT member, at least from what I managed to read in the first few issues. Sure, he'd be yet another gay Superman analog but Marvel and the Avengers particularly could use some more diversity.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    please no. Hyperion is soooo boring. he's basically just a cool set of powers in a cardboard shell. how do people like him but hate the Sentry?

He is very easy on the eyes...

AHAHAHAHAHA! Okay, read the last part of the image above... if he is gay = HILARIOUS phrase/use of his powers! The super-power version of grindr? :P

You win bonus points for using one of the world's most famous LGBT characters!!!

In the comics obviously.
    Comic fans are gonna be comic fans afterall.
    A character going right down a road instead of left will generate outrage.
    THIS! We only have to look to Prodigy to see the hate some have when a character is outed. Hell, I even remember someone complaining when Benjamin Deeds was outed (*roll eyes*)

I'm not sure I'd be ecstatic. It would be cool have such a powerful LGBT character (though Wiccan's already godlike in his potential)

Quote Originally Posted by Stormcrow View Post
    I didn't realize Ewing was writing this one, I usually just pass through the Avengers solicits nowadays as I don't care about Hickman or Spencer at all. But this might just be worth checking out, I sure hope they finally confirm Hyperion as being gay.

He's the one from the initial roster that made the most sense to me as the team's supposed LGBT member, at least from what I managed to read in the first few issues. Sure, he'd be yet another gay Superman analog but Marvel and the Avengers particularly could use some more diversity.
    I have no interest in Hickman's Avengers, but I'm honestly gonna pick this up because of Ewing. Any writer that makes Greg Land tracing bareable (and so far, for me, only Ewing and Gillen have managed that)... THAT is a writer worth following.

No, Scott found out in AvX and thats why he beat her when he looked into her head and why they are kinda distant right now currently
    (apologize in advance if anyone found this post to be offensive, just putting in comedy wirh realism)

I'm not sure I'd be ecstatic. It would be cool have such a powerful LGBT character (though Wiccan's already godlike in his potential)
    That's why I'm more in favor of Starbrand, who is also powerful.
    Of course Hickman's already forshadowed his death. So I should probably stop hoping for him to be the gay character.
    And he's a teen character, which translates as cannonfodder in comics.

Considering I wanted a Starbrand/Nightmask pairing, I'm gonna switch to just hoping Nightmask might be gay.

He is very easy on the eyes...

AHAHAHAHAHA! Okay, read the last part of the image above... if he is gay = HILARIOUS phrase/use of his powers! The super-power version of grindr? :P
    LOL I'd gain a whole new appreciation of Hickman with that kind of subtext, however unintentional, if Hyperion was outed.

Quote Originally Posted by Ant-manic View Post
    please no. Hyperion is soooo boring. he's basically just a cool set of powers in a cardboard shell. how do people like him but hate the Sentry?
    I don't hate the Sentry. And it is hard to judge how exciting/boring a character is when they really haven't had that much focus yet.

That's why I'm more in favor of Starbrand, who is also powerful.
    Of course Hickman's already forshadowed his death. So I should probably stop hoping for him to be the gay character.
    And he's a teen character, which translates as cannonfodder in comics.

Considering I wanted a Starbrand/Nightmask pairing, I'm gonna switch to just hoping Nightmask might be gay.
    The reason I am opposed to Starbrand, is because Bendis just revealed Morph (Benjamin Deeds) as gay. While their powers are very different, they still have the same "skinny white nerd" look. Meaning no offense at all to their appearance, I would just like to see a different type of gay male represented.

Hyperion has a different look that I don't think many gay male characters in the Marvel Universe have. He is muscular, tall, confident, stoic ...Yes Kieran, he is easy on the eyes .

The reason I am opposed to Starbrand, is because Bendis just revealed Morph (Benjamin Deeds) as gay. While their powers are very different, they still have the same "skinny white nerd" look. Meaning no offense at all to their appearance, I would just like to see a different type of gay male represented.

Hyperion has a different look that I don't think many gay male characters in the Marvel Universe have. He is muscular, tall, confident, stoic ...Yes Kieran, he is easy on the eyes .
    Well they have very noticably bulked him up in recent appearances. Much to my chagrin. Most comic characters are muscular. Even the teens. I liked about Starbrand that in his first appearances he was a lanky, geeky-looking kid.

And I do feel like Stormcrow mentioned that the gay superman analog has been done before.

That's why I'm more in favor of Nightmask. You want diferent? How about a non-stereotypical gay black male. And I feel he ticks all the boxes you said. Tall, muscular, stoic,...
    And we haven't seen that much of his powers yet, but he seems powerful to me as well.
    Plus, he's also easy on the eye and it helps that he runs around with a bare upper torso.

I don't hate the Sentry. And it is hard to judge how exciting/boring a character is when they really haven't had that much focus yet.

THIS EXACTLY. On both accounts. One of my beefs with Hickman's Avengers is the focus on the plot instead of the characters. We're up to issue #35 an yet we've barely seen any of Hyperion's personality.

And I'd be disappointed if it was Starbrand after all, for those same reasons. A lot of Marvel's new queer character fit that mold of geeky gay teen, I'd like to see them try something new. I suppose Hickman proved capable of doing so with Stonewall, even if it was never actually referenced in the comic books.

Ok, but seriously...

Ok, but seriously...
    Yeah, I can see Tony banging transgender women. He seems like the kind of guy who's into pretty much anything.

I think I'd be totally OK with Emma being revealed as a trans woman. It's a shame it's not likely to ever happen, but it would be pretty cool.