View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 205 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 105155195201202203204205206207208209215255305705 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,075 of 16974

Kieren Gillen was asked to sort out which young avengers would belong in which houses if they went to hogwarts.

He said they would all be in hufflepuff except Loki who would be in slytherin but would rig it so that he was in hufflepuff. I still reckon Wiccan and hulkling at least would be in gryffindor. They were a gay couple in the superhero world when I was growing up, in times that were not so great for lgbtiq people

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    . . . They're 18. They're kids. They shouldn't rush into marriage like this. At least let them hit 20 before you start picking out floral patterns.
    I agree; BUT they have been together since 2005? They outlasted the Storm/BP marriage. And yes I understand "wait till their older" but they'll be 25 in about 30 years. That's a LONG time to wait to marry one of Marvel's most popular (and famous) gay couples.

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    They're impulsive, though, and have been more than a little defensive at times about their togetherness. I could see them getting married quick, even if they regretted it in a week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Time Like Lightning View Post
    Not to mention marrying young is kinda common with couples in which one partner is a member of the military. I don't think it'd be much of a stretch to assume superheroes subscribe to a similar "our dangerous job affects when we might do certain life events" mindset.
    Both excellent points.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I don't know, married couples are often so boring. I don't think lgbtiq couples would be as boring but I don't really want to see Wiccan and hulkling in "honey can you pick up the milk after superheroing" type stories.
    Married couples can be boring, but plots of single characters can be boring too. Get good writers. Plus Wiccan/Hulkling (like Reed/Sue) are just meant for one another, unlike later down the run pairings that come and go.

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I mean there's still so much to cover, joining the main avengers team, exploring the world and universe more, moving in as a couple first etc. maybe some time in the year 2035ish
    Fair point. Okay, fairs fair. How many years before Scott/Jean married or Reed/Sue? Then we have a game plan/time frame.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I was thinking, though, that if Marvel had an LGBT title planned, yesterday would've been the perfect day to announce it. I suppose they couldn't whip up an announcement in one day, and if they have a book planned, they've probably made plans for how they'll announce it already. But just the same, there's not likely to be a better opportunity for it. Shame, really.
    Sadly... yeah. It would have been THE PERFECT time to announce it; which makes me think we WON'T be getting an Iceman solo series post Secretlysh*t Wars. Possibly not MAC either
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 06-27-2015 at 05:09 PM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I saw it mentioned but while discussing Black Panther and Captain Marvel, Kevin Feige said Phase 3 is where Marvel ramps up it's commitment to diversity. I'm hoping this means good things for Moondragon and Phyla possibly appearing in the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Sadly... yeah. It would have been THE PERFECT time to announce it; which makes me think we WON'T be getting an Iceman solo series post Secretlysh*t Wars. Possibly not MAC either
    Like I said, though, they may not have felt they could put together a good announcement quickly enough, or they may already have plans for how to do the announcement. The lack of an announcement doesn't actually indicate anything to me. I was just making an observation that they couldn't have planned a better occasion.

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    I saw it mentioned but while discussing Black Panther and Captain Marvel, Kevin Feige said Phase 3 is where Marvel ramps up it's commitment to diversity. I'm hoping this means good things for Moondragon and Phyla possibly appearing in the Guardians of the Galaxy sequel.
    I can't say I'm optimistic on that count. It's possible one might be in the movie, but I doubt they'd have both, and they sure as shit won't allow them to be lesbians. Until Feige comes out and say "We'll have openly LGBT characters in Phase 3," I'm going to go right on assuming they're not going to have any openly LGBT characters.

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

I sure hope so. I'm getting really tired of there being no openly LGBT characters in the MCU.

I definitely reckon the chances of seeing moondragon and phylla vell are increasing by the day. I have no idea who could play them though. Samantha Wiley as moondragon and Evan Rachel wood as phylla vel maybe?

I'm against Wiccan and Hulkling getting married. They are too young. Not even 20 yet. People should just not get married that young and I dislike when it happens in pop culture. Sends the wrong message in my mind.

I refuse to vote until Hercules is included.

Fantastic Member

So, according to certain rumor sites that will remain nameless (rhymes with Feeding Drool), the list of potential ANAD Books have been listed. No Iceman book (good for me honestly. Send those five walking paradoxes back where they belong) however, listed are a Ms. America book and a Northstar book.

So, Wednesday is when the official guidebook for ANADM lands, fingers crossed.

No Young Avengers? Awww, I was hoping...

Quote Originally Posted by Knight of DC View Post
    So, according to certain rumor sites that will remain nameless (rhymes with Feeding Drool), the list of potential ANAD Books have been listed. No Iceman book (good for me honestly. Send those five walking paradoxes back where they belong) however, listed are a Ms. America book and a Northstar book.

Oh, please let this be true. I do think it would be fitting if the first ever gay solo series went to Iceman. I'd 100% support that. Who would everyone have as the creative team? I'd definitely go Clay Mann. As for writer, I'd need someone creative and fresh; to build him from the ground up. I have a great respect for Jeff Parker, and he creates great villains.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Does anyone have the Milligan Elektra handy? I'm trying to remember how he phrases Elektra's sexuality while she's moving in the nice young lady she just met. Is it just "undecided" or...?
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

As much as I'd like to hope for a Northstar book, I think BC's only lead on that is Marvel renewing the trademark or something. When the X-Men editors were softballed a question about LGBT spotlight in the X-Books after SW, they didn't even tease at a relevant title for any character in that corner of the MU. So I won't hold my breath.

Oh my, a Northstar book would be incredible. Hopefully they can't wipe out that he's a literal fairy thing. Guess that means Kyle has to appear as well :/

Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    I'm against Wiccan and Hulkling getting married. They are too young. Not even 20 yet. People should just not get married that young and I dislike when it happens in pop culture. Sends the wrong message in my mind.
    I'm with you.
    I was actually unsettled by the "engagement" in Children's Crusade.
    Quote Originally Posted by Magnito View Post
    No Young Avengers? Awww, I was hoping...
    Awwww.
    BUT... Ms. America is looking more and more possible, and with her we can hope for cameo/guest starring roles within?