View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 23 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733731235231023 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I have never actually read a comic with Bling! in it, other than her being in the background and not saying anything in various old issues of New X-Men (Match, Wolf Cub and Indra got a few words of actual dialogue in that run, by comparison), so I have no idea how her story has been presented. I do love her powerset, 'though, being like Rockslide, a 'tank' with a 'blast,' although, unlike Santo, looking cooler, IMO, and having a neater visual (I like the crystal shards much better than the 'rocket-fist').
    You haven't tried Brian Wood's X-men??? Oh it's wonderful (and Bling! is getting a subplot in it involving Mercury, but the kids also help fight the villains in backups, which is cool).

In any event, Northstar being actively an X-Man could lead to even an Alpha Flight movie being Northstar-less (with a larger focus on Aurora, instead), which, from the stance of this discussion (a Marvel movie LGBT character), would be sad.
    OR... it could lead to Northstar being the LEAD/protagonist of an Alpha Flight movie if he picked up popularity in the X-films. Think of Tom Hiddleston, the wonder he did make everyone a fan of Loki. That could be Northstar, if they cast the right person.

Personally I'd cast Iwan Rheon, he's a wonderful actor, very charismatic on screen, and makes everything he does GOLD! And he's very gay friendly (hilarious in Vicious).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    I think Alpha flight being apart of Wolverines backstory means that fox owns them.
    Remains to be seen, I guess. Theoretically, Pietro and Wanda being Magneto's kids, and also being introduced in X-Men books as members of the Brotherhood would also make them unusable, and yet, they're going to appear in Avengers 2, just not as mutants or children of Magneto.

I doubt there would be an Alpha Flight live-action movie, just because it would be more likely that there would be a movie about a talking raccoon than a movie about a Canadian super-team, but Marvel might well be able to do it, if they want.

Remains to be seen, I guess. Theoretically, Pietro and Wanda being Magneto's kids, and also being introduced in X-Men books as members of the Brotherhood would also make them unusable, and yet, they're going to appear in Avengers 2, just not as mutants or children of Magneto.
    Fox and Marvel specifically made exceptions in the case of Wanda/Pietro (both had a good arguement why they had the rights, not the other). Alpha Flight is the X-verse/mutants, I see no reason why Marvel would have claim to it (where as Wanda/Pietro have a very strong case for being predominantly Avengers).

I doubt there would be an Alpha Flight live-action movie, just because it would be more likely that there would be a movie about a talking raccoon than a movie about a Canadian super-team, but Marvel might well be able to do it, if they want.
    At this rate I think we'd have more chance with Fox milking the X-verse and making an Alpha Flight movie than Marvel (that has a lot more team stories they could choose to adapt first - Defenders, Invaders, etc).

From the "Women of Marvel: APPRECIATION THREAD", a snippet from Pryde & Wisdom in 1996 (by Claremont), with lots of lesiban subtext between Kitty and Karma. Anyone here read it?

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Just a quick note to some of our posters. Keep in mind that this is an appreciation for Marvel's LGBT characters and a place to discuss your favorite LGBT related characters and storylines. If you aren't posting in this thread with good intentions, then please find a more appropriate place to address non-appreciative criticism and concern. Thanks.

Thanks Global Honored.

Have people been following the new Cyclops solo title? With teen-Clops and his Dad doing space-capers and what not?
    Russell Dauterman is ROCKING that book to pieces and he happens to be gay (recently married too).

I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to see Dauterman take on a new Young Avengers title. His work is PHENOM!

http://www.russelldauterman.com/
    http://russelldauterman.tumblr.com/

Check him, love him, spread the word.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Thanks Global Honored.

Have people been following the new Cyclops solo title? With teen-Clops and his Dad doing space-capers and what not?
    Russell Dauterman is ROCKING that book to pieces and he happens to be gay (recently married too).

I would LOOOOOOOOOVE to see Dauterman take on a new Young Avengers title. His work is PHENOM!

He drew 'Superbia' for BOOM. It was an amazing series!
    Freedom is the ability to live without fear of persecution.

A stunning artist!

Thank-you Global Honored.

Ummm... a) WHAT? b) WOW!!! This thread (like the Women of Marvel) thread is a place to celebrate LGBT characters (AND those behind the scenes). Thank-you so much for posting this, his work is... incredible. The perfect blend of crisp line, cartoon and superhero. I'm in awe... whether I pick up the book (eh... it's Cyclops, YOUNG Cyclops, grumpy ol' Revolution Cyclops is super fun, but young, idealistic, happy Cyclops -- IN SPACE???). Still I will 100% keep my eyes peeled for this artist and if he does anything else at Marvel I will dive in. Does he do commissions? OH!!! could we get him to draw (if paid, of course) the new "main LGBT Marvel characters"

N.B. and I SECOND the petition to see Russell Dauterman draw the new season of Young Avengers when it happens. This guy is stunning!

Quote Originally Posted by klinton View Post
    He drew 'Superbia' for BOOM. It was an amazing series!
    YES! Supurbia is BOSS! So much fun.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    That's the worst kinda pandering. It's like making Xander gay in the Buffy series just cause they needed something for him to do.
    Um...when did BUFFY make Xander gay? Willow came out as lesbian, and Buffy herself had a same-sex fling, but Xander has never been gay. Or were you making a hypothetical argument?

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran Frost
    Ah, I forgot Wasp. Good point. Still... how long ago was that? 12 years? Disappointing that between then and now, across all the Avengers book, we haven't had a true female leader.
    Although I understand where you're coming from, with Iron Man running the Initiative and Luke Cage running the current "Mighty Avengers" program, but I disagree with discounting Carol Danvers as a "true female leader" of the Avengers. She WAS the team leader. Period. She was appointed to that role, and she filled that role. Stark ran the Initiative overall, but Carol commanded that specific team. As for the current MIGHTY AVENGERS, Spectrum also deserves her due credit as leader there. Luke is running the program behind the scenes--Monica is the leader in the field. Just because there are other people with other roles of authority alongside them doesn't negate the fact that Carol and Monica were/are leaders.

Thanks Global Honored.

His work is amazing, really glad to see another LGBT person working for marvel, we've had quite a few now haven't we?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    lthough I understand where you're coming from, with Iron Man running the Initiative and Luke Cage running the current "Mighty Avengers" program, but I disagree with discounting Carol Danvers as a "true female leader" of the Avengers. She WAS the team leader. Period. She was appointed to that role, and she filled that role. Stark ran the Initiative overall, but Carol commanded that specific team. As for the current MIGHTY AVENGERS, Spectrum also deserves her due credit as leader there. Luke is running the program behind the scenes--Monica is the leader in the field. Just because there are other people with other roles of authority alongside them doesn't negate the fact that Carol and Monica were/are leaders.
    In Carol's case she wasn't the leader, not really. She made a choice, Tony over-rode it. She said no, Tony made it a yes. There is a difference between Storm leading in X-men, which is (on some level) under the banner of the JGS which Wolverine co-leads (but does not star in the main cast)... and Storm being field leader with Wolverine (as a main cast member of that comic) planning her overall strategy/team concept, etc. If that makes sense? Carol had Tony, Spectrum has Luke. I'm not asking the moon in 10 years (and numerous comics) to see a female leader of an Avengers team where the buck stops with her (no asterix, "well buts" or any other co-leading technicalities).

OH - actually we do have Kate Bishop... though in season 3 we didn't see her leading much.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    His work is amazing, really glad to see another LGBT person working for marvel, we've had quite a few now haven't we?
    The list isn't huge, sadly. We had Allan Heinberg (writer of Young Avengers), Phil Jimenez (artist for New X-men under Morrison and Astonishing X-men under Ellis) and Eisner award winner Jim McCann (writer of Hawkeye and Mockingbird, Widowmaker and Hawkeye: Blindspot). I'm sure there are more, but those are the only three I know who work regularly (and significantly) for Marvel.

I'm always amazed the beautiful Clay Mann isn't bisexual, the man draws THE HOTTEST men of any artist at Marvel.

This isn't the best example of Mann's hot guys, but I just LOVE Asmus' comment - and this comic was criminally underrated!
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 06-23-2014 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    While I understand why X-men: Days of Future Past (2014) used Quicksilver (to get in before the Avengers films), anyone a little sad it wasn't Northstar? The story wouldn't have changed at all (and Logan knowing him would make sense - Alpha Flight). I'm surprised Bryan Singer (and openly gay director), who rightly makes the X-films a metaphor for gay rights, has still not had any openly LGBT characters (and therefore the MU films remain without ever having an openly LGBT character)
    Totally agree with the metaphor, someone who was working on the film (forgot his name) even said they specifically had homophobia in mind while making the movies, the only reason Sir Ian McKellan agreed to do the movie is because Bryan told him that it's a metaphor for LGBT people! And yeah I was thinking the same thing after watching the film, that definitely could've been Northstar, and i was surprised Bryan didn't add him because Northstar is the iconic gay x man! I would've loved to see (my husband) Matt Bomer play him

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan615 View Post
    Totally agree with the metaphor, someone who was working on the film (forgot his name) even said they specifically had homophobia in mind while making the movies, the only reason Sir Ian McKellan agreed to do the movie is because Bryan told him that it's a metaphor for LGBT people! And yeah I was thinking the same thing after watching the film, that definitely could've been Northstar, and i was surprised Bryan didn't add him because Northstar is the iconic gay x man! I would've loved to see (my husband) Matt Bomer play him
    Ohhhhhhhhh Matt Bomer would be PERFECT! (most just hot) but perfect none the less.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Ohhhhhhhhh Matt Bomer would be PERFECT! (most just hot) but perfect none the less.

I would be 110% fine if he was shirtless throughout the whole movie