View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
889. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.29%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.51%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.51%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.29%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

77 8.66%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.17%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.07%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.76%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

25 2.81%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.29%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.74%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.81%
Page 3 of 1132 FirstFirst 123456713531035031003 ... LastLast
    Not your dad, I swear Ghostwise's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    Love this image.
    Ditto, though I'm not a fan of how Phyla was treated *after* the switch to Martyr. It just wasn't respectful.

FWIW, I just published a first character profile of Phyla-Vell.

Writeups.org -- huge encyclopaedia of characters, chiefly from super-hero comic books. It's great.

I always liked Moondragon. I like Teddy and Wiccan too. If I had to choose, I'd say Teddy and Wiccan.

Quote Originally Posted by Ghostwise View Post
    Ditto, though I'm not a fan of how Phyla was treated *after* the switch to Martyr. It just wasn't respectful.

FWIW, I just published a first character profile of Phyla-Vell.

Loved the costume though.

Karma! She's my third-favourite Marvel character in general. I love Karma. She deserves so much more attention than she gets. She's probably the single most diverse character ever - Asian lesbian amputee rape survivor who's sole caretaker for her two younger siblings. And she's also a librarian, and librarians are awesome. (Especially any librarians out there who want to hire me. Please? I need a job!)

Karma's awesome.

I hope we get to see more of the Bling!/Mercury relationship. Has anyone come up with a cute name for them yet? The best I could come up with was Shiny Love.

Julie and Karolina made a cute couple. I'd like to see more of them. Striker's cool. I liked Moondragon and Phylla as a couple, but I'm disappointed that we saw so little of it, really. They kept dying on each other, so we didn't get to see them as a couple. We never even saw them kiss, I don't think. I do think Phylla was actually a really good influence on Moondragon, though, and made her a better person.

I still take issue with Gambit kissing Courier being described as an LGBT kiss. It was clearly meant to be a man kissing a woman. It was intended to be seen as a normal, heterosexual kiss.

I also find it tough to really think of Mystique as bisexual. We're only aware of one relationship she'd had with a woman, and that's Destiny. We've never seen her date or sleep with another woman. Whenever she's looking for pleasure, she always seems to go with a man. At this point, she's just as likely to be "straight with an exception."

I voted for Moondragon but I also like Victoria Hand

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Daken, Loki and Mystique (interestingly all bisexual) are the only three on-going LGBT solo series Marvel have ever had (though I'm not sure if Mystique's sexuality was ever mentioned in her series?)
    I think the series was cancelled before they ever got to it, but I remember the writer saying in an interview that he wanted to introduce a new girlfriend for Mystique.

For your list of LGBT characters currently active: Daken is currently active in UNCANNY AVENGERS (although probably not for too much longer as the current arc is heading towards its conclusion and I expect Daken's resurrection will be revoked at that point, if not sooner).

Amazing Member

I'm so glad Anole is finally getting some shine after years in the background.

Favorite wise would be Cullen Bloodstone. I'm fairly glad that he's not a stereotype, but at the same time not so completely butch. Also it seems like he liked Aiden before his Celtic makeover so good on him.

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    I think the series was cancelled before they ever got to it, but I remember the writer saying in an interview that he wanted to introduce a new girlfriend for Mystique.
    Yeah, I guess two years just wasn't enough time to show Mystique being interested in women.

I hope that Shatterstar and Rictor show up somewhere in the X-books in the near future. They were too well-developed in X-Factor to just be forgotten about.
    XMenGold XMenBlue GenX Cable Iceman AstonishingXMen UncannyAvengers SpectacularSpiderMan SecretWarriors DoctorStrange
    TheFlash Nightwing Supersons TeenTitans Aquaman Deathstroke WildStorm Saga Wicked+Divine Low Descender KillorbeKilled SeventoEternity

BANNED

We need more males.

Astonishing Member

Was it just me, or did Lieutenant Flint get outed in the last issue of MOON KNIGHT? There was a gay couple walking down the street together at the start of the issue--and one of the two guys looked an awful lot like Flint.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    Yeah, I guess two years just wasn't enough time to show Mystique being interested in women.
    To be fair, I think it was Sean McKeever who said he was planning to introduce a new female love interest for Mystique, and he was only on the book for the 2nd half of its two year run.

BANNED

Of note for the list of currently active LGBT characters:

Gabriel Shepherd is currently appearing in X-Men and if you count miniseries, Wiccan and Hulkling are in Original Sins.

Amazing Member

Didn't Electro allude to being bi-curious in Mark Millar's Spider-Man run?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Young Avenger View Post
    Of note for the list of currently active LGBT characters:

Gabriel Shepherd is currently appearing in X-Men and if you count miniseries, Wiccan and Hulkling are in Original Sins.
    Gabriel is LGBT? I didn't know that. Where was that established?

Quote Originally Posted by MegaJay
    Didn't Electro allude to being bi-curious in Mark Millar's Spider-Man run?
    Yep. No other writer has acknowledged it since then though, so either Electro satisfied his curiosity and concluded he is straight after all, or he is keeping his bisexual side on the down low (which would make sense--not all of the supervillain community is known for being enlightened and tolerant, after all, so Electro may not want to paint a target on his back for ridicule and discrimination from fellow villains).

Rachel turned into Ahab's baby momma by Marvel. Disgusting.

You need an "Other" option because I don't see Phyla-Vell on your list.