View Poll Results: Who is your favourite 616 Marvel LGBT character?

Voters
891. You may not vote on this poll
  • ANOLE [Victor Borkowski]

30 3.37%
  • BLING! [Roxanne ‘Roxy’ Washington]

12 1.35%
  • CULLEN BLOODSTONE

21 2.36%
  • DAKEN AKIHIRO

47 5.27%
  • HULKLING [Theodore ‘Teddy’ Altman]

49 5.50%
  • KARMA [Xi’an Coy Mahn]

49 5.50%
  • KAROLINA DEAN

47 5.27%
  • LOKI LAUFEYSON, God of Mischief

78 8.75%
  • MOONDRAGON [Heather Douglas]

46 5.16%
  • MYSTIQUE [Raven Darkholme]

134 15.04%
  • NORTHSTAR [Jean-Paul Beaubier]

69 7.74%
  • PRODIGY [David Alleyne]

26 2.92%
  • RICTOR [Julio Esteban Ricter]

47 5.27%
  • SHATTERSTAR [Gaveedra-7]

51 5.72%
  • WICCAN [William ‘Billy’ Kaplan], the Demiurge

185 20.76%
Page 347 of 1132 FirstFirst ... 247297337343344345346347348349350351357397447847 ... LastLast
Results 5,191 to 5,205 of 16973

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    You can still have them in your headcanon. I'm just saying they won't be in the comics. I will never stop shipping Kitty and Illyana (or Kitty and Rachel), but I also accept it won't happen. (I will also never stop arguing for a mini showing how Mystique and Destiny met and fell in love because dammit Marvel we deserve this! Period-piece lesbian-romance heist story! Do it! Do it! Make it happen already!)
    I was just watching Shameless(I just decided to watch these days so I'm finishing season one, does anyone here watch it? ), and now I imagined Kitty fake dating Colossus when she's actually there for his sis

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by t hedge coke View Post
    Nicieza and Rodi have both been on the Gambit-is-bi side, haven't they? (It's a good side.)
    Yep. And as Reality noted, James Asmus has also said that he considered Gambit to be bi when he was writing his solo book. Marjorie Liu also hinted at it in a Gambit/Daken encounter as well. And didn't Christos Gage have Gambit flirt a bit with Kyle (Northstar's husband) in an Annual one time?

Quote Originally Posted by Dermie View Post
    Yep. And as Reality noted, James Asmus has also said that he considered Gambit to be bi when he was writing his solo book. Marjorie Liu also hinted at it in a Gambit/Daken encounter as well. And didn't Christos Gage have Gambit flirt a bit with Kyle (Northstar's husband) in an Annual one time?
    Yep.

Gambit's advice to the newlyweds was pretty danged pragmatic, too, so bonus points to the Cajun.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Now, I'm actually annoyed at the delay or end or whatever of the Gambit movie. Get him out there, all that swagger, swinging that big stick around.

(No one - absolutely no one - misses Gambit's original catchphrase of "Bang. You dead," do they?")
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Quote Originally Posted by Reality View Post
    I'm taking it exactly as seriously as the proponents of "safe spaces" who insist that things that are just annoyances are harmful. That's literally the entire idea behind the concept. That criticism of one's ideas, beliefs and opinions are actually harmful and that people need protection from them. As opposed to, you know, all discussion and human interaction being based on everyone criticising everyone's ideas, beliefs and opinions literally all the time. It's dumb.

My whole point is that online people are at worst assholes, next-to-worst annoying and above all can be ignored at the individual's discretion. So you're actually agreeing with me that "safe spaces" are overreactions over annoyances, which then means that nobody needs that level of protection, which then means "safe spaces" are a failure as a concept and as a practice.
    Reality, if you have time to continually reply in this thread on this topic, you have time to set-up your own thread. Me thinks Daredevil is just an excuse.
    #truthBOMBofLOVE
    Last edited by Kieran_Frost; 03-20-2016 at 06:53 AM.
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Danileriver23 View Post
    If Iceman is going to get a boyfriend, honestly, I'd prefer a entirely new character, someone that is openly comfortable gay that can be the outgoing one to bobby's shy nature (in regards to his sexuality).
    To make an epic power couple, I think it needs to be an established hero. A "new" character otherwise just becomes "the boyfriend" (RE: Kyle).

Quote Originally Posted by MasterOfMagnetism View Post
    Yeah if they had Johnny be "full gay" the reaction from people would be like what happened with the Iceman outing but x 1000. If they ever had Johnny come out as bi though then it would mean he probably had experiences with Daken.
    I think Liu got it under the radar pretty well; I mean WHY is Johnny sitting there while Daken puts his pants on, wearing Johnny's shirt. Soooooo fun!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Velour Fog View Post
    whos a gay fire guy instead of johnny storm
    Firelord?

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I can't for the life of me see Johnny be anything but super-straight. In the same way that characters like Gambit and Tony Stark are super-straigth. These guys are incorigable man-whores. They go after pretty much every female character in the MU. They always have. It practically defines them.
    I think it's just wish-fulfilment for some people to think they might be gay. Personally I can't stand Johhny Storm, so I really hope he never gets outed as bi.
    Really? Gambit is so often written as bi-head-canon by the writers. Fabian got lots under the radar (Gambit even has the first technical LGBT kiss of Marvel comics). James Asmus definitely got in some great innuendos (and went on record saying he wrote him as if he was bi, just not allowed BY MARVEL to confirm it).

That being said, it's starting to seem like that talk about there being a gay character on All New Inhumans is one of those painfully frequent Marvel lines that turn out to be total BS.
    Pod 2.0
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Do you guys feel that the writers of Captain Marvel is preparing for Jessica Drew and Carol Danvers to come out of the closet as a couple?
    It'll never happen. Gambit is possible, Marvel doesn't care about the X-verse for profit. That's why we got Iceman. If Iceman was an Avenger, he'd have never been allowed to come out.

Re Johnny, the stuff with Daken was funny and adorable and sad, because, yeah, that Johnny had some feelings he didn't know what to do with, and what Daken does with that is, well, what Daken does. Play people and keep them running in his hamster wheels. 1234's Johnny was similarly unaware of his own passions, but there it's mostly because he's looking at the world as a reflection of himself too much.
    Daken did care for Johnny, though. When his brain is destroyed by a bullet, it's Johnny who appears as Daken's "ally" in his broken mind to help repair it. Subconsciously, Daken definitely cared enough for him beyond just "someone to mess with".

The Johnny of Unstable Molecules has a homosexual encounter with the comic's Prince Namor riff in a beautiful beachside scene, for those interested. That comic is absolutely amazing and should have won so many awards that year.
    Oh, do you have scans?

You can still have them in your headcanon. I'm just saying they won't be in the comics. I will never stop shipping Kitty and Illyana (or Kitty and Rachel), but I also accept it won't happen. (I will also never stop arguing for a mini showing how Mystique and Destiny met and fell in love because dammit Marvel we deserve this! Period-piece lesbian-romance heist story! Do it! Do it! Make it happen already!)
    I still see Magik as true asexual; I wish the comics would confirm this.

Yeah, Jessica was bi even before Claremont. She definitely had subtext with Gypsy Moth.
    And Skein is confirmed bisexual.

On another note: Marguerite Bennett said she wants to write a Miss America solo. Which reminds me, who else remembers when Bleeding Cool said there would be a Miss America solo? I remember that. I remember you saying that, Bleeding Cool. You promised me a Miss America solo. You lied to me, Bleeding Cool. You owe me. You owe us all, Bleeding Cool. *shakes fist angrily*
    I'd TOTALLY read that!!!!

Re Johnny, the stuff with Daken was funny and adorable and sad, because, yeah, that Johnny had some feelings he didn't know what to do with, and what Daken does with that is, well, what Daken does. Play people and keep them running in his hamster wheels. 1234's Johnny was similarly unaware of his own passions, but there it's mostly because he's looking at the world as a reflection of himself too much.
    You and me read those scenes very diferently. Then again, that might be due to diferent views on how pheromone powers work.
    I don't think Johnny had any lingering feelings for Daken that Daken increased with his powers. I think Daken created a desire for him in Johnny that wasn't there to begin with and isn't there outside of Daken's manipulations.

Nicieza and Rodi have both been on the Gambit-is-bi side, haven't they? (It's a good side.)
    And yet I've never read anything by them that made me believe Gambit was anything other than straight. And frankly I wouldn't believe it if they did out him.
    It felt natural with Bobby, but it wouldn't to me with Gambit (or Johhny or Tony or Wolverine).

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    Yep.

Gambit's advice to the newlyweds was pretty danged pragmatic, too, so bonus points to the Cajun.
    It's a joke. I've seen Gambit flirt. That wasn't anywhere close.
    I don't doubt he's gay-friendly, but bi? Nah.

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I was just watching Shameless(I just decided to watch these days so I'm finishing season one, does anyone here watch it? ), and now I imagined Kitty fake dating Colossus when she's actually there for his sis
    Loooove Shameless, though the quality dips a bit after season four. It still has it's moments and I love it dearly, but ye.

Also, I can see Gambit as bi. Certain bi people flirt with men and women differently and Gambit could easily be one of them - but he'd probably have some heavy hetero leanings.

Johnny Storm, however, I cannot. He's A-Grade Alpha Male straight, and he works it. And there's nothing wrong with that.

It's a joke. I've seen Gambit flirt. That wasn't anywhere close.
    Anyone who's read a book where Gambit has more than two lines has seen him flirt. That's part of the reason I do read this as flirtation -- it's just part of what the guy does. Now, is it an attempt at seduction? Not in a million years. Kyle's the newlywed husband of a teammate, after all. But as a way to further distract from a tense situation, knowing Kyle won't take offense? Yeah, I can see Remy turning on the charm.

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    Reality, if you have time to continually reply in this thread on this topic, you have time to set-up your own thread. Me thinks Daredevil is just an excuse.
    #truthBOMBofLOVE
    Starting a thread and quickly responding to one I'm already in are different things. And it's not like the discussion from here would continue over there anyway. Be patient.

Extraordinary Member t hedge coke's Avatar

Yeah, Jessica was bi even before Claremont. She definitely had subtext with Gypsy Moth.
    "That fight where I straddled you was so intense I need a long, long shower and you should come live with me now."

You and me read those scenes very diferently. Then again, that might be due to diferent views on how pheromone powers work.
    I don't think Johnny had any lingering feelings for Daken that Daken increased with his powers. I think Daken created a desire for him in Johnny that wasn't there to begin with and isn't there outside of Daken's manipulations.
    It may extend past the reading, since I'm not really sure someone can be seduced like that and have no desire at least in that broad direction otherwise. I know "gay for" is a phrase and a thing, but how much of a real thing it is, I'm not so sure. Particularly with pheromones, inasmuch as pheromone attraction is a real thing. But, I'm coming at it with sexuality as a spectrum and strict hetero- or homosexuality being less common than we'd casually give credence.

And yet I've never read anything by them that made me believe Gambit was anything other than straight. And frankly I wouldn't believe it if they did out him.
    When someone says, "you can't convince me," which is what you seem to be saying, it's usually completely true.

I tend to go by what the authors say and what the characters show, at the moment (since another writer or artist, another take, can change that).
    Patsy Walker on TV! Patsy Walker in new comics! Patsy Walker in your brain! And Jessica Jones is the new Nancy! (Oh, and read the Comics Cube.)

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

That being said, it's starting to seem like that talk about there being a gay character on All New Inhumans is one of those painfully frequent Marvel lines that turn out to be total BS.
    Soule already said it's Jovana a.k.a. Swain. She the captain of the RIV, Crystal's right hand and an empath who's distrustful of her interactions with people because she think she's subconsciously affecting people with her powers.
    tumblr_o0cnc2sKnU1spe9yao1_1280.jpg
    Last edited by Lucena Soares; 03-20-2016 at 09:12 AM.
    Everything Lives!

Does anyone remember Christian Frost (Emma's brother), I wonder if we'll EVER hear about him again? :/

Astonishing Member MasterOfMagnetism's Avatar

Eh. At first I would've said there wasn't a chance Inferno could be gay, because he was being used as the main character for Inhumanity. He was supposed to be the character through which readers experienced what it was to be Nuhuman and it would freak out too many straight people if he was revealed to be gay.
    Since then he's hardly appeared at all though and Flint has sort of taken his place. So yeah, I could see them reveal him to be gay now, because he's become almost insignificant to the story being told.
    Personally I thought they were going to have the Indian guy as being gay. I'd rather they did Inferno though, since I want Indra to be gay and Marvel is unlikely to make two of their Indian superheroes come out as gay.
    Well the new Giant-Man is Indian and gay so if Marvel will only allow one gay Indian character than Indra won't be outed. But Indra is an X-Character so Marvel probably wouldn't care anyways.

Although I've said before that I don't think Indra is gay or rather that I don't think he should be gay, because of the X-Men legacy story with Luz, the girl from the Children of the Vault who tried to seduce him. The story ends with her trapped in another dimension where time is meaningless or whatever and she says to herself that she'll see Indra again one day. Even though it's very likely that Luz won't get used in an X-Men story again it would still be weird to look back at that story and think that some girl is out there in another dimension pining for a guy who's actually gay.